FORUMS

How to switch off SMS delivery notification sound?

499 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By t0ph0id, Senior Member on 1st June 2011, 09:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is there a way to turn off the SMS delivery notification sound but keep the SMS received notification sound?
1st June 2011, 11:09 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 926

More
Not sure on the stock app, on handcent all the sounds/notifications can be modified or removed.
2nd June 2011, 01:28 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
I use SMS Go Pro and it allows you to turn off SMS delivery notifications. That's the beauty of Android. Don't like the SMS app? Get a different one!
2nd June 2011, 12:57 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Anyone else?
I want to keep stock SMS app.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
4th June 2011, 12:44 PM |#5  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ph0id

Anyone else?
I want to keep stock SMS app.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

I too want to know this. Perhaps its possible to edit the code for the app itself just like the camera app has been modified?
4th June 2011, 02:04 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 926

More
Yeah, it can be tough on some of the stock android software since development minded folks seldom want to mess with something that already has multiple fully fleshed out apps to replace it. I kinda like touch wiz once its dewizified but there is almost nothing out there that you can add on to it or use to modify it. I did think of one thing though, they added some new setting adjustments into the messaging app in CM7. You might want to consider grabbing that and seeing if it brings this to the table. I cant recall all the changes in it as I didn't use it. That would be kinda stock messaging.
10th September 2011, 01:12 PM |#7  
Flag Copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks Meter: 147

Donate to Me
More
*BUMP*

Has anyone come up with a solution to this, or are we forced to use another app for SMS? I really like the stock app, but are very annoyed by the fact that I cannot change this sound or remove it.
25th June 2012, 12:38 PM |#8  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My problem is completely the opposite, I am trying to turn the notification on with no luck.

neither sms go pro or stock are responding, ticked all boxes i.e. sounds, sms options...etc with no luck.

any ideas...running ics 4.0.4 on sg3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)