ISW11SC Kernel

Search This thread

slackerz_86

Sep 15, 2008
Singapore

First of all, I would like to say sorry if I'm in the wrong thread. As I don't know where else I can ask for help. I got a Galaxy SII given by a friend, BUT, it is a japan version which is ISW11SC. I looked at it and I realised that it was a wrong kernel flashed. I got a factoryfs.img for this model somewhere off a website. But again, I am not so sure about, if I'm gonna flash the .img back using odin under PDA, will this bring the kernel back to stock? Or it's not included? I will appreciate any great great help given to me. If possible, any insecure or rooted kernel meant for ISW11SC or a compatible one to be use.

more2come

Oct 18, 2010
First of all, you are in the wrong forum ;)

Normally you should be able to flash the original kernel image or the original firmware via Odin and you should be good to go.

slackerz_86

Sep 15, 2008
Singapore
I' sorry once again for the wrong place. As for the kernel, I don't have the original one and I can't fin any original kernel anywhere. Again I appreciate it alot if someone can pass me an original kernel.

Bu the way, how do i move this thread to the correct place? And which section shld i post?

more2come

Oct 18, 2010
As far as I know, your phone seems to be similar to the Galaxy S II HD LTE, which is powered by a Qualcomm CPU and Adreno graphics, the model's name is GT-I9210.

I tried to find a compatible ROM, but had no success. Do you know someone who has the same phone? He eventually can perform a ROM dump.

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Another baffling post. Why on earth does anybody think its ok to post crap like this in dev sections?

Ask questions in questions forum..
Post general topic in gen forum..
Post developments/reference in dev forum..

How hard is that to comprehend?

This isn't specifically at you slackerz, this is more at n00bs in general. I just cant understand why people find it so hard to read forum titles or take a look at forum for a few seconds before deciding that this forum looks nothing like what I should be posting my random post in.

slackerz_86

Sep 15, 2008
Singapore
None of that i know so far. Like i told u earlier on, i got a factoryfs.img for isw11sc right? Apart from it, it has a zimage file. Is that a kernel? And i just found isw11sc kernel from github. But how do i download it from the n make it to tar n flash?

more2come

Oct 18, 2010
the zImage contains the kernel, but I'm not quite sure how to create a tarball from that. I used to flash kernel images with odin mobile, but that isn't very helpful in your case. Try to google a tutorial on creating tarballs, or aybe someone else can give you advice on that!

VAXXi

Mar 19, 2012
Bucharest
vaxxi.net
If your zImage includes the initramfs, you're good to go; the tar of a kernel is just a tar archive with zImage inside, nothing special.

TheEvenstar

Mar 23, 2012
Tokyo
I live in JP and I have this phone too. I'm not sure how to dump a kernel nor do I know if mine is still the original one._.; because I did a not so perfect root job on it when I bought it 2 weeks ago. Used the only walkthrough I could find specified for this model and it didn't even involved the use of kernels >_>;
If I can still help somehow, let me know.. and tell me how. XD

rassam

May 26, 2008
has there been any developments? im looking ti buy this phone this week. i take it there are no custom roms for it either? damm its raining outside!

tora201

Apr 11, 2007
Found original ROM for ISW11SC

Seem to be a lot of people who are after this.

Get ROM from here (in two parts)

001 http://hotfile.com/dl/148377262/42dbb71/ISW11SCKDLB3.7z.001.html
002 http://hotfile.com/dl/148377377/bca4f10/ISW11SCKDLB3.7z.002.html

Open first file and extract using 7zip (it will do add, merge and extract second file automatically if both in same directory to start)

7zip
http://sevenzip.sourceforge.jp/

You should end up with a merged file: ISW11SCKDLB3_ISW11SCKDILB3_ISW11SCKDLB3_HOME_USER_SIMLOCK.tar.md5 size=788MB

Now use ODIN and flash normally.

Not taking any responsiblity, and don't know if it works, but here is a link to the original youtube video I got the information from (In Japanese)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3qI_cr86V4

By the way, I have downloaded the files and merged - just in case they disappear from hotfile.

Reactions: TDK1701

TheEvenstar

Mar 23, 2012
Tokyo
I just tried to flash this ROM but it didn't failed.
Has anyone else tried it? Any suggestions ? n_n
I'm trying to unroot so I can download the official ICS update.. didn't do it in September when it first came out.
Currently: PDA ISW11SCKDLB3

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> ISW11SCKDLB3_ISW11SCKDILB3_ISW11SCKDLB3_HOME_USER_SIMLOCK.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
<ID:0/008> File analysis..
<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/008> Initialzation..
<ID:0/008> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/008> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/008> param.lfs
<ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<ID:0/008> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Top Liked Posts