FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

My phone is dying after all those years

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By s2l9100, Junior Member on 19th April 2019, 05:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone,

After all those years last month my phone began to lose power very quickly - after a full charge, in about 18h the battery is total empty without touching the phone - wifi and data turned off.

Normally it was about 50% in almost 2 days - i use phone at most 5-10 minutes a day.
I have tested everything what i can think of:
- Re-flashed and re-pited few times - tested with different roms from 4.4.4 to 9.0, Clean install - no gapps, Stock roms 4.1.2, Without SDcard, Airplanе mode ON, No sim and no SDcard.
Then i bought a new battery same as the old i was using - Polarcell 1800mAh, and for 2 days I did proper charging for a new battery without cutting corners, and after that i did most of the above tests again - and gave me the same result.
Now here i am, after ~20 days of testing writing this post.
If anyone has an idea then can help it would be great, otherwise i'm thinking to buy a new S7 Edge.

Thanks!

29th April 2019, 10:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
is it getting hot
does it get warm on the mid rear right side?,had a resistor discharging mine,is it about 5yrs old?

After all those years last month my phone began to lose power very quickly - after a full charge, in about 18h the battery is total empty without touching the phone - wifi and data turned off.

Normally it was about 50% in almost 2 days - i use phone at most 5-10 minutes a day.
I have tested everything what i can think of:
- Re-flashed and re-pited few times - tested with different roms from 4.4.4 to 9.0, Clean install - no gapps, Stock roms 4.1.2, Without SDcard, Airplanе mode ON, No sim and no SDcard.
Then i bought a new battery same as the old i was using - Polarcell 1800mAh, and for 2 days I did proper charging for a new battery without cutting corners, and after that i did most of the above tests again - and gave me the same result.
Now here i am, after ~20 days of testing writing this post.
If anyone has an idea then can help it would be great, otherwise i'm thinking to buy a new S7 Edge.

Thanks! [/QUOTE]
30th April 2019, 03:58 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3vuv

is it getting hot
does it get warm on the mid rear right side?,had a resistor discharging mine,is it about 5yrs old?

It doesn't get hot, not even warm.

Thank you for your reply!
30th April 2019, 10:10 PM |#4  
Flag Tarnów
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2l9100

It doesn't get hot, not even warm.

Thank you for your reply!

Gsam battery monitor suggesting anything?
Maybe screen doesnt actually turn off but rather doesn display anything try looking into that
1st May 2019, 03:23 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by McXred

Gsam battery monitor suggesting anything?
Maybe screen doesnt actually turn off but rather doesn display anything try looking into that

Hello,

Actually when i leave the phone completely switched off after full charge, then in about 12 hours the battery is at ~50%.

Thanks!
2nd May 2019, 03:47 PM |#6  
Flag Tarnów
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2l9100

Hello,

Actually when i leave the phone completely switched off after full charge, then in about 12 hours the battery is at ~50%.

Thanks!

Maybe some kind of short circuit on the mobo itself?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)