Phone loses signal and cannot reconnect to network

Search This thread

the_psycho

Nov 17, 2012
Sofia
www.facebook.com
Hi guys,

I wanted to post this in the development thread but since I'm new in here this wouldn't happen :)

So, here's the problem - my Samsung I9100 phone loses signal and cannot reconnect to the network unless rebooted. You can see the kernel and ROM state from the screenshot.
Every now and then the phone loses signal and unsuccessfully tries to reconnect to the network. I cannot make outgoing calls but am able to receive incoming (but only sometimes, in some cases it wouldn't receive incoming neither). Only a reboot solves the issue but this loss of signal happens at least several times a day and this is quite irritating.
Other problem is when the phone is at a state of no signal, it writes some logs in the system partition in \data\logs which quickly take up all the free memory.

I've been using this ROM since v 3.7. I've updated it twice to get to v 3.91. Through all the releases the issue persisted. I haven't had these problems with other ROMs.
I read somewhere in here that this might be a problem with misplaced or worn-out SIM card. So I put the same SIM in my old Nokia phone and tested for several days - no loss of signal observed in that period.

So any help or advise would be appreciated.
Could this be a ROM issue or a hardware problem? Maybe a kernel problem?
Would be glad if more advanced users give some ideas.

That's it for now, if you got any questions regarding the problem or I missed some information let me know.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-17-12-30-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-17-12-30-54.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 943
Reactions: PsyOr

the_psycho

Nov 17, 2012
Sofia
www.facebook.com
hi :cyclops:

when I changed the modem to XXKI4 I experienced the same issue almost immediately after reboot....
then I flashed XXLPX (on random), rebooted again. Since then no problems observed, signal strength is high and 3G speeds are OK....

will keep monitoring for several more days and update you on the issue (I'd be really glad if this simple fix solves it :) )

PsyOr

Mar 17, 2011
hi :cyclops:

when I changed the modem to XXKI4 I experienced the same issue almost immediately after reboot....
then I flashed XXLPX (on random), rebooted again. Since then no problems observed, signal strength is high and 3G speeds are OK....

will keep monitoring for several more days and update you on the issue (I'd be really glad if this simple fix solves it :) )

Hey, having the same issue... Anything new with this modem?

I've got signal lost almost every day, sometimes few times a day, every few days the signal drops and not back (when I'm clicking on 'mobile networks' I've got the message: "insert sim card - insert sim card to access network services") and only reboot fix this problem (airplane does nothing).
Tried to clean the SIM card, the sim housing, Its not happening in specific place...
I know people who have this issue and uses a different ROMs/Kernels/Modems ROOT/NO ROOT...heres a little list:
Im using right now STOCK 4.0.3 LPG, modem: LQ6 with Siyah kernel 3.4.1
Others using other stock 4.0.3 / 4.0.4 with modems: JHLP9, LPS, ...

Someone mention [not here] about lpx modem that fix it...
If someone else tried it would be great if you share.
thanks!

PsyOr

Mar 17, 2011
Signal lost - log screenshot

Ok, I took a screenshot from alogcat at the same time I've lost the signal... (I export the whole log but seems this app is not that smart and its export only after the signal lost so its irrelevant)

At screenshot - only the 'error messages'

Can anyone analyze this error messages? why is it happens?
Suddenly the signal lost sometimes while call sometimes not, at this time I had to reset the device to get the signal back (its happens once per few days), sometimes its lost and back after ~1 minute...

Don't know if this device has a problem (all the problems that i've heard are from this device, no matter what modem each one use) or its something else....

Would like for some help with this log, and the guy who tried the LPX modem - if its works fine now....

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-10-09-27-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-10-09-27-37.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 128

the_psycho

Nov 17, 2012
Sofia
www.facebook.com
no, it doesn't work.
was OK for a few days then the problem started again.
1-2 times a day I have to reboot due to signal loss.
and the irritating part is that while with no signal the battery drains a lot and the don't-know-what-are-these-for logs keep on generating, filling the whole internal memory......

will continue to dig for a solution....

PsyOr

Mar 17, 2011
no, it doesn't work.
was OK for a few days then the problem started again.
1-2 times a day I have to reboot due to signal loss.
and the irritating part is that while with no signal the battery drains a lot and the don't-know-what-are-these-for logs keep on generating, filling the whole internal memory......

will continue to dig for a solution....

Do you have a roaming enable?
Here I suspect its the reason for losing the signal, maybe its the problem...

Did you tried your SIM with other device (not S2)?

the_psycho

Nov 17, 2012
Sofia
www.facebook.com
Do you have a roaming enable?
Here I suspect its the reason for losing the signal, maybe its the problem...

Did you tried your SIM with other device (not S2)?

no, roaming is not enabled and I have tried using the SIM on another phone with no problems

one strange thing is that the disconnection happens absolutely random... at first it happened several times a day.. at recent times it is more rarely - every few days.. disconnections are not related to any location or certain conditions of phone usage... simply no idea :)

soon I will change the ROM (respectively the kernel as well) and see if this continues

Last edited:

PsyOr

Mar 17, 2011
Thats weird...a lot of people with other devices have this issue...at first I thought its only on S2 (modem/kernel/hardware) then I thought its a infrastructure issues in our area.... donno mate....

Nbsss

Aug 11, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
no, roaming is not enabled and I have tried using the SIM on another phone with no problems

one strange thing is that the disconnection happens absolutely random... at first it happened several times a day.. at recent times it is more rarely - every few days.. disconnections are not related to any location or certain conditions of phone usage... simply no idea :)

soon I will change the ROM (respectively the kernel as well) and see if this continues

Need help with this also, same issue

the_psycho

Nov 17, 2012
Sofia
www.facebook.com
posting an update on the situation...

I changed the ROM with full wipe of data as well as internal memory format. Installed the latest 10.1.3 stable ROM from cyanogen - this means different kernel, different radio and a stable ROM.

And it goes on.... if I had money right now I'd just change the phone cos I'm getting sick of this ****

Paul Koty

Apr 28, 2013
Please HELP

Hi all

PLS help, I have NO signal network and wifi. I bought one i9100 with 4.1.2 (have not lost IMEI- I have it) and can´t have network signal and if I want on my wifi, there is problem it can be open, always icon wifi start and stop in one second. I have nit beckuped EFS, phone was rooted last man from who I have bought.
Now I have Stock I9100XWLSD_I9100VDCLSC_I9100BULS1_HOME.tar
Thanks

vishal11in

Jan 1, 2012

As per experience this is also due to battery getting weak. Monitor the % you get this problem the most. If it arises around tje same % level then its battery. Also check your battery by rotating it on table and note if it rotats easily and there is any bump in the battery

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

Hi all

PLS help, I have NO signal network and wifi. I bought one i9100 with 4.1.2 (have not lost IMEI- I have it) and can´t have network signal and if I want on my wifi, there is problem it can be open, always icon wifi start and stop in one second. I have nit beckuped EFS, phone was rooted last man from who I have bought.
Now I have Stock I9100XWLSD_I9100VDCLSC_I9100BULS1_HOME.tar
Thanks

This is fault of efs in most cases.
Try jelly snap rom which i have most stable and see if it resolves the issue
Otherwise search how to repair efs if pissible

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I wanted to post this in the development thread but since I'm new in here this wouldn't happen :)

So, here's the problem - my Samsung I9100 phone loses signal and cannot reconnect to the network unless rebooted. You can see the kernel and ROM state from the screenshot.
    Every now and then the phone loses signal and unsuccessfully tries to reconnect to the network. I cannot make outgoing calls but am able to receive incoming (but only sometimes, in some cases it wouldn't receive incoming neither). Only a reboot solves the issue but this loss of signal happens at least several times a day and this is quite irritating.
    Other problem is when the phone is at a state of no signal, it writes some logs in the system partition in \data\logs which quickly take up all the free memory.

I've been using this ROM since v 3.7. I've updated it twice to get to v 3.91. Through all the releases the issue persisted. I haven't had these problems with other ROMs.
    I read somewhere in here that this might be a problem with misplaced or worn-out SIM card. So I put the same SIM in my old Nokia phone and tested for several days - no loss of signal observed in that period.

So any help or advise would be appreciated.
    Could this be a ROM issue or a hardware problem? Maybe a kernel problem?
    Would be glad if more advanced users give some ideas.

That's it for now, if you got any questions regarding the problem or I missed some information let me know.

Cheers!
    Have you tried other modem firmwares?