It seems Galaxy Note also has this problem.
jager13 has posted this issue in code.google.com, so please anyone with this issue comment there so that google devs can know about it and fix it!
I believe that many of us (if not all) should have this problem.
I got so many apps installed, so many of them are installed in SD Card automatically by Android or I manually moved them to SD Card.
(In total I have ~650 app elements in Titanium Backup and keep growing depending on what I have installed or haven't restored at any given point)
The problem is since I updated from 2.3.4 to version >= 2.3.5 even to ICS 4.0.3 LP2, LP6, LPB, LPH.
- Power On then phone will reboot after some 2-5 minutes idle and again reboot infinitely so I cannot use my phone at all.
- If I removed my external SD Card, no more reboot.
- Or if I delete some amount of .asec files in ".android_secure" folder (where the app in sd card is saved) in the external SD Card no more reboot.
- And yes, I have done many (if not all) imaginable things: re-flash, factory reset, wipe cache, fix permission, change SD Card, reinstall from market...
- And no, this is not specific SD Card problem.
There is older thread talking about this problem but the thread is about general reboot problem so it got mixed with other kind of reboot.
After trying ICS leaks in a hope that the problem is fixed I find that it is still NOT fixed
and maybe won't be fixed if not enough people complain about this problem.
And I think Samsung developers and QA don't know this issue.
It will be shame if SGS3 still has this problem. I absolutely won't buy it.
So to check this, I hope the reader of this thread to try this (Samsung based ROM > 2.3.4 only):
- Please move as many apps as you can or all of your apps to SD Card..
- Or please install as many apps as you can from market and moved them to SD Card if not already.
- The apps number is not exact (60 maybe more), more is better, maybe related with apps size too.
(I found that when my ".android_secure" folder size in external sd card approaching ~1.5GB maybe more, the reboot problem occurs)
- And then tell here that you have infinite reboot or not in idle mode 2-5 minutes after power on. Please try 2-3 times.
- Also post your ROM/kernel version, stock or mods.
- And please check that removing the external SD Card solve the reboot problem.
Remember that u have to be at least Samsung based ROM version 2.3.5 because this problem is side effect (2.3.4 and earlier does not have this problem).
For us who has this problem, please add your post to this thread to keep it alive
and don't forget to rate high so it will get attention from other users and hopefully from Samsung.
Let's make this issue known to Samsung.
And I hope that people who got firmware leaks from Samsung can tell them about this problem/thread.
List of threads mentioning same problem: