Which is the compatibility of Dorimanx kernel right now (ROMs - Kernel)?
Originally Posted by dorimanx
So all goes like this:
All kernels support 4.4.y ROMS!
8.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv1(STOCK) maliv2 all the rest!
9.x support = 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv2 only!
10.x support = 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv3 only!
mali = video driver (for new users that dont care to look for answers)
*Note: KitKat support was added from v 8.38 & 9.38 onwards, but these branches (8.xx, 9.xx) are Mali v2 only!! If you need a Mali v3 kernel, use the 10.xx branch from the Dorimanx beta thread
. Before using, make sure you read the thread OP and understand the risk of using a beta kernel.
[Q] - I don't know what is a Governor, Module, I/O Scheduler and other settings of the kernel.
- Just take a look on this thread to find all the necessary information, many thanks to droidphile.
[Q] - Why I need reset the STweaks profile on each update of the kernel?
If you see some mistake or think that something needs to be added or removed from here please let me know, thanks in advance...
« Known Issues
- There could be changes in Stweaks interface for a new build, like:
- Some new tunables added
- Some tunables removed
- Transposition of some tunables
- Default value of some tunable was changed
When such a change occurs, your profiles should know it too so that it can contain all the parameters. That's why you have to reset profiles after a new kernel flash if it changes something in STweaks, resetting simply copies .profile files from /res/customconfig to /data/.siyah, you can do it manually using a file manager to avoid a reboot to recovery. Kernel already detects STweaks changes to reset profile automatically on first boot after flashing.[/INDENT]
« Useful Info & Links
[PORT] Knowledge from Droidphile on Kernel by JokerAce
GS2KernelWipe Kernel Cleaning Script by THE RED BLUR, developed by Hawker
GS2 ROM Wipe/Nuke scripts by THE RED BLUR, developed by Hawker
Why to not use Benchmark Apps to test Kernel/Rom Performance by Unexist6969
Broken USB port (symptoms, solution) by THE RED BLUR
- A bug applies to the old recovery. DO NOT change the default backup format, or you will lose ALL data on internal and external SD cards. See here for details. This bug may not affect the new KitKat compatible recovery in beta builds. Use it at your own risk, but you have been warned!