[Q] Remove Scratches from screen?

Search This thread

daz_2000

May 26, 2011
London
I feared that would be the response, unfortuanetly my 11 month old daughter decided to drag it across the floor and it now has several minor scrathes on the screen and as you can imagine I am NOT happy!

B3311

Feb 16, 2011
Gelderd End, 1974
Ouch.... Better tell her no Santa this year;)

Whem my daughter was a similar age she decided to rub 2 bottles of ketchup into a white carpet.. My wife still hasn't recovered.

warrez

Nov 9, 2011
this is why i bought screen protector XD so far ive scratched it twice heavily in under month... and u always get replacement if u bought it from zagg so yea just took off went to shop and got new one and installed it again never had scratch on the real screen only on the protector

stierney

May 25, 2009
You can use certain glass cutters and they will remove scratches. I did so on my sgs i. works a treat if u fancy polishing for 2 hrs ;)

The only problem will be you will remove the oiliophobic coating and fingerprints will show on the areas you have polished out but if you fit a screen protector on after the polish it wont cause an issue.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

stierney

May 25, 2009
P.s id just like to add a disclaimer to do at yer own risk. Pm me if you want details on what i used. The finish on my sgs was fine once cleaned but the polished areas just collected fingerprints a lot more than other areas of the screen that hadnt been rubbed down. thats why a screen protector is recomended afterwards ;)

msaraiva

Oct 28, 2007
P.s id just like to add a disclaimer to do at yer own risk. Pm me if you want details on what i used. The finish on my sgs was fine once cleaned but the polished areas just collected fingerprints a lot more than other areas of the screen that hadnt been rubbed down. thats why a screen protector is recomended afterwards ;)

Hi there. Care to post the details here, so everyone can benefit from it?

I have one minor scratch, but it's driving me nuts.