3rd April 2013, 01:32 PM |#5801  
Flag Lipa
Thanks Meter: 9,900

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.2] RootBox ♦ Support ♦ Help-Index ♦ Discussion [i9100/i9100g]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajee11

Just a quick message to clear things up in here. PA hybrid settings in RB were not optimized for HDPI. They work amazingly well on XHDPI devices and there's literally no issues. For all those complaining about the new feature without providing any reasonable explanation, I suggest you stop flashing nightlies and wait for a stable release, where I put more effort to actually optimize settings on old phones like the S2. Hybrid settings are the easiest way to change DPI/Layout as long as you know how to use it. Rather than being hard headed about this, take the time to learn the basic functionality of PA features. As far as I'm concerned, PA hybrid settings are here to stay. If you really don't like the new feature, let me remind you that we live in a free world, where we have the liberty to flash any rom we want. I'm not forcing you @ gunpoint for you to stay with RB. That being said, you guys should stop debating about this. Have a good day everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

thanks for dropping by mate and for your clarification
we will accept whatever feature you think is best for rb,
thanks for your great work and time

Sent from my Hue themed GT-I9100 using Hue themed Tapatalk 2
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kroz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kroz Ad-Free

3rd April 2013, 01:47 PM |#5802  
Thanks Meter: 262

More
I think people need to STOP whinning (especially on nightlies) about features they dont like and just not use those features or change roms... ALSO i think devs/helpers need to stop focusing on those people hating and focus on the positive people who are usually a huge majority, how hard is it to ignore negative comments?. If they do so, they will not be irritated and will not lose the will to make great roms especially for older phones.

RB till the phone dies! Loving the kroz 0327!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yeeahnick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yeeahnick Ad-Free
3rd April 2013, 02:05 PM |#5803  
Flag You don't wanna know.....
Thanks Meter: 9,630

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeahnick

RB till the phone dies! Loving the kroz 0327!

Flashing it right about now....
Thanky you @kroz:thumbup:

Sent fom my S-II running Vanilla Rootbox >>Nightly (2013/03/25 by kroz)<< powered with DorimanX kernel v. >>9.12<<
The Following User Says Thank You to m1trand1r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m1trand1r Ad-Free
3rd April 2013, 05:19 PM |#5804  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
What is PA Hybrid Settings? What is the use of it?
3rd April 2013, 06:11 PM |#5805  
Flag You don't wanna know.....
Thanks Meter: 9,630

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkibz

What is PA Hybrid Settings? What is the use of it?

did you try: http://tiny.cc/2epurw

Sent fom my S-II running Vanilla Rootbox >>Nightly (2013/03/27 Unofficial by kroz)<< powered with DorimanX kernel v. >>9.12<<

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkoby13

Flashing it right about now....
Thanky you @kroz:thumbup:

Sent fom my S-II running Vanilla Rootbox >>Nightly (2013/03/25 by kroz)<< powered with DorimanX kernel v. >>9.12<<

just stopped by to say: AWESOME ....
:thumbup: for @kroz....

Sent fom my S-II running Vanilla Rootbox >>Nightly (2013/03/27 Unofficial by kroz)<< powered with DorimanX kernel v. >>9.13<<
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m1trand1r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m1trand1r Ad-Free
3rd April 2013, 07:48 PM |#5806  
Thanks Meter: 254

More
@kroz: did you see my pm?
3rd April 2013, 07:51 PM |#5807  
Thanks Meter: 3,395

Donate to Me
More
Waouuuu Great Rom

Posté via Vanilla Rootbox
3rd April 2013, 08:19 PM |#5808  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
As I'm waiting (and saving money obviously) for the note 3 -hope it's as awesome as it should be- I've got to say, my aging s2 has never felt better than on this rootbox.
Been on the latest "official" nightly been very happy about it, no FC's , spent around 10 minutes to figure PA out, and I love it so far!

Many thanks to all parties involved!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
3rd April 2013, 08:20 PM |#5809  
Flag Três Corações - MG - Brasil
Thanks Meter: 3,583

More
My mods for RootBox
I've made some mods for personal use and i'm sharing then for all the community.
i keep updating this post after a RootBox release.

cLock Mod to match Asul v5.1.1 by kroz- All credits goes to DvTonder Updated from RootBox - Unofficially Nightly - 20130430 by Kroz
Hidden apps hack
Hybrid Paranoid settings
  • 240DPI-All-Apps Whitout specific DPI per app, 240DPI system wide (Works till nightly-20120427)
  • 210DPI-All-Apps
  • 182DPI-All-Apps
  • Hybrid-Paranoid-Default-Settings
  • Hybrid-Paranoid-Default-Settings-Nightly-20130404
  • Hybrid-Paranoid-Default-Settings-Nightly-20130418
  • Manually change DPI

Edit /system/etc/paranoid/properties.conf with your favourite file explorer with root permissions and change the value of the line below, save the file and reboot.
    Code:
    ###################
    # PARANOIDANDROID #
    ###################

## CONFIGURATION
    %revision=1
    %rom_dpi_min=120
    %rom_dpi_max=240
    %rom_default_dpi=240 <- Edit this line. ex:182dpi change it to %rom_default_dpi=182
    %rom_default_layout=360
    If you want to have the same system wide DPI (matching hybrid paranoid settings)
    Old way: edit this file /system/build.prop and change this line ro.sf.lcd_density=240 to the same DPI as you set hybrid settings (ex: ro.sf.lcd_density=182), save the file and reboot.
    New way: Go to settings > RootBox Settings > Lcd Density > 6. Change density to whatever you like! and choose your the DPI you nserted in hybrid settings.

If you don't want to flash my zip's to get rid from specific app DPI just edit /system/etc/paranoid/properties.conf and delete the lines below after "## SYSTEM PREFERENCES", save and reboot.

Code:
    ## SYSTEM PREFERENCES
    com.android.vending.dpi=%rom_default_dpi <- DELETE FROM HERE
    com.android.vending.layout=%rom_default_layout
    com.android.phone.dpi=%rom_default_dpi
    com.android.phone.layout=%rom_default_layout
    com.android.chrome.dpi=%rom_default_dpi
    com.android.chrome.layout=%rom_default_layout
    com.android.contacts.dpi=%rom_default_dpi
    com.android.contacts.layout=%rom_default_layout
    com.android.settings.dpi=160
    com.android.settings.layout=720
    com.android.calendar.dpi=160
    com.android.calendar.layout=600
    com.android.browser.dpi=160
    com.android.browser.layout=600
    com.android.calculator2.dpi=160
    com.android.calculator2.layout=720
    com.google.android.gm.dpi=160
    com.google.android.gm.layout=720
    com.google.android.talk.dpi=200
    com.google.android.talk.layout=360
    com.google.android.apps.docs.dpi=200
    com.google.android.apps.docs.layout=600
    mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser.dpi=160
    mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser.layout=600 <- TO HERE

If you want other Hybrid DPI's just pm me and i will do it.

Google Ears v1.1.8 - Transparent
  • Google Ears v1.1.8 - Transparent
  • Instalation
    Just push to /system/app and set permissions 644 or install like a normal apk.

Widget not showing up!!!!!!

Just delete or uninstall the apk and delete directory "/data/data/com.google.android.ears".

Then push or install the apk again.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Computoncio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Computoncio Ad-Free
3rd April 2013, 08:27 PM |#5810  
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 23,094

More
Amazing work Comp. Very good and thanks for sharing with us buddy. Just like the good old RR days :thumbup:

SIGNATURE

PHONE : SGSII
Sent via: Tapatalk
Main ROM: Neatrom LSN Lite
Platform : JB 4.1.2
KERNEL : Philz Touch fixed LSN
(DEFAULT PROFILE AND SETTINGS )
MODEM : MS2
BATTERY : Stock 1650mAh
EXTERNAL Sdcard : Samsung Class 10 32gb
LAUNCHER : Apex Pro
Root Manager : Superuser (koush)

THE CAVE = My Guides list to install NeatRom and other ROMS and kernels on LSJ and LS8 + tools to have a bug free rom and kernel + how to back up and RESTORE ROM OM FULLY = http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=35923600

1.Current list of kernels on LSJ and pros and cons

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36698607

2.Rom Nuke / Wipe scripts

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36742265

3. GS2KERNELWIPE script

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36742198

4.Fast Dormancy :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36396636

5. How to install full wipe with rom nuke on LSJ

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36655790

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THE RED BLUR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift THE RED BLUR Ad-Free
3rd April 2013, 08:43 PM |#5811  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajee11

Just a quick message to clear things up in here. PA hybrid settings in RB were not optimized for HDPI. They work amazingly well on XHDPI devices and there's literally no issues. For all those complaining about the new feature without providing any reasonable explanation, I suggest you stop flashing nightlies and wait for a stable release, where I put more effort to actually optimize settings on old phones like the S2. Hybrid settings are the easiest way to change DPI/Layout as long as you know how to use it. Rather than being hard headed about this, take the time to learn the basic functionality of PA features. As far as I'm concerned, PA hybrid settings are here to stay. If you really don't like the new feature, let me remind you that we live in a free world, where we have the liberty to flash any rom we want. I'm not forcing you @ gunpoint for you to stay with RB. That being said, you guys should stop debating about this. Have a good day everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Well what I do, basically, after I install the ROM is change build.prop DPI to 210 with a market modded for 320. I want everything to be 210. If i wanted to replicate this with PA, currently I'd have to change every one of the defaults to be 210 (or do it once and move a properties.conf over). Pretty messy.. and why have the overhead of PA when I only want one DPI and don't care for custom app colors? That's why I think Xposed is nice, it's super easy to turn off.

Shrug, I also realize RB had PA before, and I realize why it was removed (because they requested it).

Hope I didn't offend you bajee, I think you're a fantastic dev and really appreciate your work on AOKP and RB. I love RB because it's more up to date than the official AOKP for SGS2. Is there not a (possible) clean way to switch PA off, like pie/xposed/etc?
The Following User Says Thank You to torqueo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift torqueo Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2.1, 4.2.2, best rom, changelog, help-index, non-development, rootbox, rootbox support thread&discussion, support

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)