[Q] Rooted but not sure how to upgrade from 2.3.5 to latest cynanogenmod

Search This thread

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
Since you're rooted, install Mobile Odin Pro from Play Store, then download the 4.1.2 firmware for your I9100G by googling the term "offcial 4.1.2 stock firmware for I9100G" and downloading the zip file associated and extracting the .tar file that comes inside. Then, extract the .tar file to your SD card and go to Mobile Odin Pro app and choose to flash the extracted .tar file. It takes some time but it should update your phone to android 4.1.2 and then you can install a custom kernel for your 4.1.2 firmware which supports CWM recovery. I recommend PhilZ kernel which comes with CWM. Note that you need CWM 6.0.4.5 and above to flash a KitKat based ROM (such as Cyanogenmod 11 in your case). There you go, your phone will run the ROM you asked for and much of what I mentioned can simply be googled here and there for more details. Good luck

Hyflex

Jan 26, 2011
London
Since you're rooted, install Mobile Odin Pro from Play Store, then download the 4.1.2 firmware for your I9100G by googling the term "offcial 4.1.2 stock firmware for I9100G" and downloading the zip file associated and extracting the .tar file that comes inside. Then, extract the .tar file to your SD card and go to Mobile Odin Pro app and choose to flash the extracted .tar file. It takes some time but it should update your phone to android 4.1.2 and then you can install a custom kernel for your 4.1.2 firmware which supports CWM recovery. I recommend PhilZ kernel which comes with CWM. Note that you need CWM 6.0.4.5 and above to flash a KitKat based ROM (such as Cyanogenmod 11 in your case). There you go, your phone will run the ROM you asked for and much of what I mentioned can simply be googled here and there for more details. Good luck

I'm unable to find the correct firmware :/ all the download links I've found are dead.

Phones Details:
Android Version: 2.3.5
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKI8-CL616395
Build Number: Gingerbread.XWKI8
Baseband: I9100NEKI2

Last edited:

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
Mirror Links

I'm unable to find the correct firmware :/ all the download links I've found are dead.
No problem at all buddy, I am glad to help you :) This link seems working http://www.mediafire.com/download/eu64azp46mb4gsj/I9100GDDLS3_I9100GODDLS3_INU.zip (mediafire link) I also found some mirrors over here but no all of them are working :rolleyes: http://www.mirrorupload.net/file/0PQ8FEAL/ Anyways, go for Mediafire, it includes the file I told you about :)
EDIT: Wait a minute, what is your model number? If it's I9100, download this torrent file and use Bit Torrent to download the contents of the .torrent file. If it's I9100G, just use the links I provided above

Last edited:

Hyflex

Jan 26, 2011
London
No problem at all buddy, I am glad to help you :) This link seems working http://www.mediafire.com/download/eu64azp46mb4gsj/I9100GDDLS3_I9100GODDLS3_INU.zip (mediafire link) I also found some mirrors over here but no all of them are working :rolleyes: http://www.mirrorupload.net/file/0PQ8FEAL/ Anyways, go for Mediafire, it includes the file I told you about :)
EDIT: Wait a minute, what is your model number? If it's I9100, download this torrent file and use Bit Torrent to download the contents of the .torrent file. If it's I9100G, just use the links I provided above

It's a GT-I9100, which one do I use?

Hyflex

Jan 26, 2011
London
Search androidfirmwares.net

They didn't have them either, I used Kies to update to 4.1.2 and rooted by flashing CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip and it worked fine.

I've now got to find a rom that I like, originally I liked the look of the cynanogenmod 4.4 rom but im looking for a rom/kernel with the best battery life :/

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
They didn't have them either, I used Kies to update to 4.1.2 and rooted by flashing CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip and it worked fine.

I've now got to find a rom that I like, originally I liked the look of the cynanogenmod 4.4 rom but im looking for a rom/kernel with the best battery life :/

If you need a 4.2.2 Touchwiz ROM, try Revolution Rom UX build 2 by tutangigi, and use stable dorimanx kernel v9.43. SuperNexus 2.0 is good too if you like stable Vanilla AOSP Android. As for Android 4.3, I used SlimBean 4.3 build 2.2. Good luck

Vivek_Neel

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Dec 23, 2012
Chennai
If you need a 4.2.2 Touchwiz ROM, try Revolution Rom UX build 2 by tutangigi, and use stable dorimanx kernel v9.43. SuperNexus 2.0 is good too if you like stable Vanilla AOSP Android. As for Android 4.3, I used SlimBean 4.3 build 2.2. Good luck

Never heard of 4.2.2 tw rom for s2

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hyflex

Jan 26, 2011
London
A lot of various continued development and support for older roms in the s2 area which is odd to see.

I'm looking to pretty much maximise battery life, the dorimanx kernel looks to be the right kernel for me but unsure elsewhere.

What's better on battery 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 or 4.4? Does ART in 4.4 help battery wise?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts