S2 works but with black screen !!

Search This thread

ma4ja

Apr 6, 2009
Hello
Yesterday, I left my Galaxy S2 for 5 minute only, when I came the screen lights did not work, but I can hear sounds and I can received calls, sms, whatsapp messages ...

I tried to restart may times and replace the battery but still I cant see any thing on the screen. Just I can hear sounds. When I try to touch the black screen I found it worked.

Can any one help me :crying:

Jokesy

May 31, 2011
Lagos
Hello
Yesterday, I left my Galaxy S2 for 5 minute only, when I came the screen lights did not work, but I can hear sounds and I can received calls, sms, whatsapp messages ...

I tried to restart may times and replace the battery but still I cant see any thing on the screen. Just I can hear sounds. When I try to touch the black screen I found it worked.

Is there any sign of life in the screen when you reboot the phone?

Do you see the Samsung logo when your phone is starting up?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Orkane1989

Jul 23, 2012
Hobart, Tasmania
Hello

Any chance you installed Chainfire3D or any other third party GUI/GPU apps??
I've had this problem when using CF3D and just reflashed ROM...
Could try fix permissions in recovery?

Sent from Jelly Fuelled SGS2

ma4ja

Apr 6, 2009

There is No samsung logo or battery charging. Just sound of the boot animation and other process sounds like calling , sms and whatsapp notification.

Any chance you installed Chainfire3D or any other third party GUI/GPU apps??
I've had this problem when using CF3D and just reflashed ROM...
Could try fix permissions in recovery?

Sent from Jelly Fuelled SGS2

No friend, I did not install any thing for more than a week except whatsapp up date three days a go.

I re-falshed the official IC room but nothing changed.

Jokesy

May 31, 2011
Lagos
There is No samsung logo or battery charging. Just sound of the boot animation and other process sounds like calling , sms and whatsapp notification.

I think it's hardware issue. Send it to repair center if you still have a valid warranty

Anyone have any luck?

I've got the same problem too. I managed to get the phone into download mode (the screen didn't show a thing, but Odin recognized it as "ADDED"). Flahsed an official ICS ROM, but the screen keeps black, but the initialization sound can be heard, and the phone still rings when receiving a call!

Dead hardware...I supose...

GameShine

May 20, 2012
I've got the same problem too. I managed to get the phone into download mode (the screen didn't show a thing, but Odin recognized it as "ADDED"). Flahsed an official ICS ROM, but the screen keeps black, but the initialization sound can be heard, and the phone still rings when receiving a call!

Dead hardware...I supose...

I have the same problem as you, but this is something I found out yesterday:

If you go to a dark room, and you turn on your S2, you can see some sort of.. light black/grayish pixel spots over your screen. It is pretty hard to see, that's why you need to be in a dark room.

Did anyone else notice this, or am I the only one? :confused:

..G..

Jun 25, 2013
I have the same problem as you, but this is something I found out yesterday:

If you go to a dark room, and you turn on your S2, you can see some sort of.. light black/grayish pixel spots over your screen. It is pretty hard to see, that's why you need to be in a dark room.

Did anyone else notice this, or am I the only one? :confused:

Hi I noticed it too, what I also noticed is that sometimes when using the face unlock on "waking" the phone up with the power key worked, I'm hoping it is not a hardware issue because it's intermittent.

czagawara

Jun 26, 2013
Hi all.
I have this same problem with my screen on sgs2 . Also can see screen in darkness. Sound and phone works fine.

zvuqniki

Nov 2, 2011
After opening up, came up with this problem

I opened up the back of the phone, to clean off some lint between the camera lens, and the glass on the outside, after closing it, This problem occurred.
The thing is, the touch screen works fine. I can navigate through the phone (using another Galaxy S2 to guide me of course), and everything. I can turn it off and on, etc.
So, this may be a hardware issue, but can someone chime in and let us know the specific hardware issue that may be in play here?

Reactions: GameShine

simonbarsinistr

Nov 28, 2011
Everett
I'm having the same problem. I'm repairing a water damaged phone, and after the cleaning, it would hang on the galaxy S2 logo. I got it into download mode, and left it that way while I was Dling the proper Odin files, but when I came back 15 minutes later, it was a black screen. I finally realized it was still working, and navigated into download mode by memory, and successfully flashed the firmware. But now the screen that was working, refuses to turn on, although the capacitive lights do, and the phone is seemingly working normally.

It seems like it has to be something simple, the LCD shouldn't just die altogether for no reason. I'll keep messing around, and if I figure anything out, I'll report back. Or maybe someone else figures it out, and I can benefit!

simonbarsinistr

Nov 28, 2011
Everett
As an update, I plugged the non working screen into a working S2, and it showed the Samsung logo on boot up. Then it went black again, but it can still show images, and did it multiple times. So the LCD works, but something is messing it up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

hareba

Sep 22, 2013
Hey guys!

I have the same problem... does anybody have an idea what's happening to our phones?

Luckypph

Oct 14, 2011
Not to beat a dead horse but I am trying to recover pictures from my sisters phone. I plugged in a working screen, get the Samsung logo on boot then a low lit black screen however the boot sound still plays, all buttons on the bottom light up and give heptic feedback and so on. I don't have any lcd lights though... Lastly when I have the phone off and plug into the wall I do get the battery charge symbol flash on the screen but then goes back to a black screen and the battery still charges. I plug the phone into a computer and can see it connected although cant get kies to work with it... Any updates from anyone else or ideas? This phone has pictures of her daughter that passed away and are irreplaceable. I am willing to try anything so she can hold onto those memories

As an update, I plugged the non working screen into a working S2, and it showed the Samsung logo on boot up. Then it went black again, but it can still show images, and did it multiple times. So the LCD works, but something is messing it up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After opening up, came up with this problem

I opened up the back of the phone, to clean off some lint between the camera lens, and the glass on the outside, after closing it, This problem occurred.
    The thing is, the touch screen works fine. I can navigate through the phone (using another Galaxy S2 to guide me of course), and everything. I can turn it off and on, etc.
    So, this may be a hardware issue, but can someone chime in and let us know the specific hardware issue that may be in play here?