[Q] Samsung Galaxy S2 Wont turn on or charge!

Search This thread

INeedHelp?

Feb 28, 2012
Hi, I have a samsung galaxy s2 that I bought off kijiji. It is white and was originally from bell. I unlocked it and the phone worked great for 2 weeks I could charge it pull the battery out and put my koodo sim card and it worked. One night I went to sleep and woke up and it was dead. So I went to go charge it and it didn't charge or want to turn on... So I went to go buy a new battery that was already fully charged and I put it in the phone and it worked, it turned on and everything worked. Then it died again as I was at school and it wont charge or turn on again! So I gave both batterys to a friend who has the same phone to charge and then I tryed it in my phone again and it wont turn on. I made a youtube video of my problem so this my explain it a little better also. Here is my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=184adlrU9eQ&list=UUGtRGDv9GcPPEZS3_oLB8UQ&index=1&feature=plcp

PLEASE HELP ME I NEED A PHONE. THANKS :)

gigeaky

Apr 18, 2010
Exmouth
have you tried download mode or recovery? are you rooted? custom kernel? what version of android do you have?

INeedHelp?

Feb 28, 2012
Its not rooted I just unlocked it, thats all I did to it, and I dont know the firmware or anything else. I cannot get into recovery mode . tried holding own home+power+volume up.

kilometers4

Mar 6, 2012
Its not rooted I just unlocked it, thats all I did to it, and I dont know the firmware or anything else. I cannot get into recovery mode . tried holding own home+power+volume up.

Can you get to download mode? Hold volume down home and power on button. If you can go to www.sammobile.com and download a stock firmware and flash through Odin

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Pittoreski

Dec 3, 2011
Montreal
Do you know if the phone is still on the guarantee? It most-likely is so you should bring it to Samsung ASAP and they will probably give you a refurbished one. The only problem is if you used a code to unlock the device, you'll pretty much lose it. Don't bring it to Bell, they won't give a damn because they're not your provider.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Bottom line is, if you haven't rooted the phone or run non-stock firmware on it, don't risk doing that now to try and fix it. If it borks, you'll end up voiding your warranty.

Send it into Samsung/an authorised repairer & have it repaired under warranty is my advice (contact Samsung in your country to get details of repairer).

Now, if you have rooted the phone/run non-stock firmware on it, and you can get into download mode then you can still fix it. If you can't get into download mode tho, there's no chance of you fixing it so don't even attempt to. Send it to a service centre & hope they don't notice you've been messing with it.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
No download mode, no recovery & phone won't boot = service centre/Samsung authorised repairer & hope they can't tell you used a bit of dodgy software to try & unlock the phone & borked it in the process.

I guess you could try a jig & see if that gets you into download mode as well.

tricky-tricky

May 12, 2011
This problem just happened to me... I did the soft reset mentioned in other forums and did not work... so I took the battery, sim card, and SD card out and put the battery cover back on, left alone for 1hour... tried soft reset again and worked.
Soft reset: Battery out, press ON button for 10 secs, put battery back on, turn on.

Reactions: T1beriu

tricky-tricky

May 12, 2011
As I said yesterday I had problems turning on the phone and managed to turn it on by performing a soft reset... now the problem is that I usually turn it off every night and this morning it happened again, the phone won't turn on... did the same soft reset and there it went again but I am now scared of turning it off and never be able to turn it on again... Can someone suggest what the problem may be? would be a hardware problem? Or should it be a ROM/Kernel/Recovery problem?

Last edited:

-Grift-

Jan 9, 2011
Singapore
Its hardware. I had this issue and it killed two batteries (mine drains battery and kills it, single use battery...) gave to Samsung and was fixed with motherboard and LCD change.

annettempr

Jul 26, 2012
My Gf's Galaxy 2 wont torn on just keeps vibrating. Does like it going to turn on but it inmediately shut itself off. Please i need a solution!!

Sergiukz

Jul 24, 2012
i hope help

This happened to my phone and it really is a simple fix. First take the battery out of the phone for about 10 seconds. Then with the battery out plug the phone up, wait a few seconds, and put the battery in and immediately press power. Should be as good as new.
OR just plug in the phone when it's off and then power off

Reactions: camp0s

endritx

Dec 1, 2012
Endritxx

hello !
i have the same problem after rooting my sgs2 with this page :http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1814801 and makeing a root of phone with this:

How to flash ROMS for Galaxy S2 I9100G via ODIN

Download ODIN > Odin3-v1.85.zip
Download Galaxy i9100G compatible PIT File > omap4_all_20110627_emmc.pit
Download Odin3-v1.85.zip > Open It!
ADD PIT File (omap4_all_20110627_emmc.pit) into ODIN > PIT.
Add Your ROM into ODIN > PDA
Turn Off your Phone first
Then goto Download mode by holding <Home+Power+Vol down>
Continue step of the Phone Screen.
Plug in the USB cable > You will notice ODIN recognize it by Yellow filled square .
Click "Start" of ODIN.

My phone wont turn on or charge or go into a download mode or recovery mode

PLEASE HELP .. :(

RizhCh

Oct 11, 2011
Lahore
hello !
i have the same problem after rooting my sgs2 with this page :http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1814801 and makeing a root of phone with this:

Plug in the USB cable > You will notice ODIN recognize it by Yellow filled square .
Click "Start" of ODIN.

take it to the service center asap if u have warranty and if u want to do this by your own then use JTAG method and JIG cable

tricky-tricky

May 12, 2011
hello !

Click "Start" of ODIN.

Did you try sergiukz fix?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

NeoSlyfer

Dec 5, 2011
Kingston
This problem just happened to me... I did the soft reset mentioned in other forums and did not work... so I took the battery, sim card, and SD card out and put the battery cover back on, left alone for 1hour... tried soft reset again and worked.
Soft reset: Battery out, press ON button for 10 secs, put battery back on, turn on.

Thank you bub, you just helped me save my co-workers phone lol

xpuser8334

Nov 19, 2008
Same problem after having the phone on the shelf for a while

I guys..
Samsung Galaxy Sii GT9100-P
Not Rooted
Unlocked by using an unlock code (when adding an unrecognised sim) Was on Orange, unlocked it with a Voda sim in it.
upgraded the firmwareusing Samsung Kies last June.
then I got an S3 and put this on the shelf.
I have 3 Batteries for the S2 and charged them all with my desktop battery charger.
the phone will not power on if:-
Battery Out and on Cable with PC
Battery In connected to PC or Mains
Will not go into download mode
any battery charged and no cable.

I shelved this perfectly working and kept is as a "spare" phone.

now the time has come to use it.
anyone any ideas?
I know it is out of warranty, so I guess a chargeable fix will be required!
but I cant beleive a fully working S2 would due after being left on a shelf!

Thanks in Advance Guys!

Oh..
PC has been rebuilt since the Samsung Kies update, so I dont have the emergency or backup files to work with.

Cheers,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i hope help

This happened to my phone and it really is a simple fix. First take the battery out of the phone for about 10 seconds. Then with the battery out plug the phone up, wait a few seconds, and put the battery in and immediately press power. Should be as good as new.
    OR just plug in the phone when it's off and then power off