By arovik, Senior Member on 18th March 2012, 09:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2012, 06:52 AM |#11  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRc.

I would try to avoid over-charging it, it's not good for any battery. Once it hits 100% (so long as it's correctly calibrated) unplug and use as normal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

This isn't really true. Once it hits 100% it pretty much runs off the charger.

By depleting it all the time you are ruining the battery that way
The Following User Says Thank You to Necrolust For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Necrolust Ad-Free

22nd March 2012, 08:14 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRc.

I would try to avoid over-charging it, it's not good for any battery. Once it hits 100% (so long as it's correctly calibrated) unplug and use as normal.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Leaving your phone on charge longer than is absolutely necessary ie taking it off charge as soon as it gets to 100% will not affect your battery life and there is also no need to manually calibrate the battery. I installed DXLP7 and was getting poor battery life due to a wakelock, I found and dealt with the cause and immediately battery life improved. In my experience battery life on ICS is as good as it was in gingerbread. Better battery stats is your friend.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to marcadam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcadam Ad-Free
25th March 2012, 09:58 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I had upgraded my sgs2 to ics yesterday. The new version is draining the battery very seriously. In the previous version, my sgs2 could last for about 12 hours from a fully charged state. But now the version can only last for 6 hours, which is really unacceptable.
25th March 2012, 12:26 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is deep sleep? You can check with CPU-Spy. If not, remove the battery a few minutes and then returned.
25th March 2012, 12:29 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 5,431

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loftysnake

I had upgraded my sgs2 to ics yesterday. The new version is draining the battery very seriously. In the previous version, my sgs2 could last for about 12 hours from a fully charged state. But now the version can only last for 6 hours, which is really unacceptable.

But you have not given the battery time to recalibrate itself .

jje
25th March 2012, 11:16 PM |#16  

More
I had huge battery drain issues from exchange and email waking the device and constantly doing something. Removed the accounts and then set them up again. Like night and day now, better than gb. On LP7 and never wiped.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to +SN BLSN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift +SN BLSN Ad-Free
26th March 2012, 01:32 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Keep a look with BetterBatteryStats, and see if there are any apps messing up.

I have better batterylife with ICS by a margin.
And about leaving the charger on during night, these are kind of myths really, you can keep it on without any worries, and also charge it without being totally drained.
Most of these thoughts come from the old Ni-Cd times with memory effect.
29th March 2012, 05:16 AM |#18  

More
I had removed the Exchange Account yesterday and the battery drain problem disappeared. The account was added back after about 10 hours. The battery usage is now back to normal (a little bit better than the situation before the ics upgarde). Thanks for your hint.
Cheers.
26th June 2012, 11:15 AM |#19  

More
SG S2 ICS Battery drain issue
Had upgraded to ICS when it launched in India and literally went berserk due to the battery drain issue. Googled and googled, found a lot of things, tried most of them (except for changing ROMs).

Then, Voila, last 4 days - a complete twist to my sorry tale. I first disabled the phone backup option (to Google), did a factory reset, said No to most of the options that are asked on restart, and didnt install the earlier applications from the Play store en masse (earlier, had a number of games and other 'what I thought was useful' apps). Now, only have the basic apps plus Poweramp, Shazam and NQ Mobile added. And the result - the battery is back to normal. Phew....big relief as I use the phone pretty much for mails, music, phone.
26th June 2012, 05:42 PM |#20  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I want yo add some thing very annoying, I discovered today after upgrading to Resurrection ROM.
In fact, even with the device connected to my car power supply and using Copilot for about 1 hour, the battery continued it's discharge instead of charging.
So what to say and what to do?
Cheers
27th June 2012, 01:14 AM |#21  

More
Wink
Anything that will poll in the background (exchange, BLN, facebook etc) will not let your phone go into deep sleep very often and consume huge amount of battery.

My personal experience is based on using several different ROMs and have all lead to me disabling Exchange sync altogether and only updating manually, when I want to check my email. I now get the best part of 3 days battery life with moderate use.

Hope that helps.

Edit : forgot to mention. I'm using Resurrection ROM 4.2.1 with Siyah kernal 3.2.2. Awesome ROM!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)