FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Switching between version with ClockworkMod Recovery

84 posts
Thanks Meter: 57

By mcnamaragio, Member on 6th July 2012, 03:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I currently have stock GB version 2.3.5. I plan to flash CF-Root kernel with ClockworkMod Recovery and flash ICS. If I make backup of my current version will I be able to revert to it once I install ICS? Or will flashing ICS flash a kernel which is incompatible with GB?
6th July 2012, 03:07 PM |#2  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 2,023

More
Yes if i make a backup of 2.3.5 i can flash a ICS rom and from there even if i flash a custom recovery for ICS i can still restore my 2.3.5 backup its "universal"
The Following User Says Thank You to -Grift- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -Grift- Ad-Free
6th July 2012, 03:08 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Grift-

Yes if i make a backup of 2.3.5 i can flash a ICS rom and from there even if i flash a custom recovery for ICS i can still restore my 2.3.5 backup its "universal"

So will I need to flash another recovery after flashing ICS or will ClockworkMod Recovery still be there?
6th July 2012, 03:12 PM |#4  
Flag Singapore

More
Clockworkmod will still be there no matter what 2.3 or 4.0 rom you use just that every rom tend to have their own "themed" version of cwm. but they all still backup and restore the same way. Just a note, for the SII the recovery is part of the boot.img (had to get this in my head the first time as my old phone was different
6th July 2012, 03:24 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Grift-

Just a note, for the SII the recovery is part of the boot.img

I'm not 100% sure what that means so do I need to take some extra steps because of it?
6th July 2012, 03:25 PM |#6  
Flag Singapore

More
Erm if you dont know what it means then its ok (it was meant for those that has prior experince)
6th July 2012, 03:31 PM |#7  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 381

More
Just to add, if you go stock using Odin, cwm won't be there until you flash cfroot or similar.
6th July 2012, 03:32 PM |#8  
Flag Singapore

More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)