[Q] Any way to delete Samsung account without Factory reset?

Search This thread

Ohkuni

May 11, 2011
Sydney
Hi all,

I've just recently had to do a factory reset and restore with Titanium Backup, now everything is working exactly like I want except Samsung Dive hasn't registered my phone.

It says to remove and re-add the Samsung account, but when I try it says you can only do it with a factory reset. Any way around this? Just don't want to go through setting up and restoring my phone again!

Cheers.

Reactions: ejmadraga

flagger

Jun 29, 2010
Hi all,

I've just recently had to do a factory reset and restore with Titanium Backup, now everything is working exactly like I want except Samsung Dive hasn't registered my phone.

It says to remove and re-add the Samsung account, but when I try it says you can only do it with a factory reset. Any way around this? Just don't want to go through setting up and restoring my phone again!

Cheers.

I found a way to do it with Titanium Backup.

1. Freeze Samsung Account
2. Reboot
3. Delete data from Samsung Account through Titanium Backup, then reboot again
4. Now go into Settings -> Accounts and sync and the old Samsung account should be gone and you can now add a new account.

Merwyn

Mar 30, 2009
Oh, thanks you so much !!!
I forgot my password and had given a false birthday, so I wasn't able to refind my password ^^'
But thanks to you, I was able to reset a new account ^^
I'm gonna be able to use Dive ! Cool ^^

vatbier

Sep 19, 2011
Many thanks flagger!

But two remarks:
- you can only freeze/defrost an app in the Donate Version of Titanium Backup so it'll cost you 5 euros (which I was glad to pay).
- at step 4 I could not add a new Samsung account. Solution: first defrost samsung account in titanium backup, reboot and then you can add a samsung account.

Last edited:

Konnichy

Sep 5, 2008
Hello,

I'd like to do just the same but I can't find "Samsung Account" in Titanium Backup. I have:
- Samsung Apps
- Samsung Push Service
- Samsung TTS
- SamsungAppsUNA2

I tried the above steps with these 4 apps at once but it does nothing. Is it hidden somewhere?...

manmad

Apr 30, 2011
Alken
Hello,

I'd like to do just the same but I can't find "Samsung Account" in Titanium Backup. I have:
- Samsung Apps
- Samsung Push Service
- Samsung TTS
- SamsungAppsUNA2

I tried the above steps with these 4 apps at once but it does nothing. Is it hidden somewhere?...

I got an app called samsung-account, you using a custom rom? maybe the rom deleted it?

Konnichy

Sep 5, 2008
Aaaaah, I just found it! I use the stock XWKJ2 ROM but localized in French!
So it appears under "Connexion avec un compte samsung".

I just did in Titanium Backup:
- Freeze the application (the Samsung account then disappears from Accounts and Sync")
- Delete application data
- Defrost the application

Then I could add the Samsung account again.
No reboot and I'm not even sure Freezing/defrosting was really necessary.

Thanks for the ideas guys ;)

_jis_

Feb 5, 2012
Such an old thread, but it helps me so much. I have Samsung Galaxy Note II 4.1.2.

I use free Link2SD instead of TB.
- Freeze the Samsung account so it disappears from Accounts and Sync
- Unfreeze the Samsung account
- Without reboot I could add the Samsung account again :)

Thank you guys!

pckarma112

Oct 15, 2012
Such an old thread, but it helps me so much. I have Samsung Galaxy Note II 4.1.2.

I use free Link2SD instead of TB.
- Freeze the Samsung account so it disappears from Accounts and Sync
- Unfreeze the Samsung account
- Without reboot I could add the Samsung account again :)

Thank you guys!

Warning about link2sd. Freezing is ok. Do not use it for its intended purpose of saving space on internal of phone. Several people have have had soft bricks and disappearing apps because of it. Check the link2sd thread. Just be smart and read. You will figure out the charade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using XDA Free mobile app

Mr Hassan

Account currently disabled
Feb 14, 2016
OnePlus 10 Pro
can any body explain me the full method please where,s download link for titanium rom ?
and how we use for delete samsung account?
and most important thing , is this for ON mode ? or after rest mode?

atihasrat

May 23, 2017
need help

2. Reboot
4. Now go into Settings -> Accounts and sync and the old Samsung account should be gone and you can now add a new account.

I've rebooted my device and it's stuck on custom binary block by frp lock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Cheers.

2. Reboot
    Hi all,

Cheers.
    Hello,

- Samsung Apps
    - Samsung Push Service
    - Samsung TTS
    - SamsungAppsUNA2

I got an app called samsung-account, you using a custom rom? maybe the rom deleted it?
    Aaaaah, I just found it! I use the stock XWKJ2 ROM but localized in French!
    So it appears under "Connexion avec un compte samsung".

I just did in Titanium Backup:
    - Freeze the application (the Samsung account then disappears from Accounts and Sync")
    - Defrost the application

Then I could add the Samsung account again.
    No reboot and I'm not even sure Freezing/defrosting was really necessary.

Thanks for the ideas guys ;)