FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] What to clear after ICS upgrade

84 posts
Thanks Meter: 57

By mcnamaragio, Member on 6th July 2012, 10:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have just updated my device from 2.3.5 to 4.3. The installation instructions didn't mention what I should clear after upgrade (dalvik, data, battery stats, etc). So should I clear any of them?
6th July 2012, 11:06 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 699

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnamaragio

I have just updated my device from 2.3.5 to 4.3. The installation instructions didn't mention what I should clear after upgrade (dalvik, data, battery stats, etc). So should I clear any of them?

Not a bad idea to clear data, if you have a backup.

At the least, I'd suggest you clear Cache and Davlik. Battery stats don't matter much.
The Following User Says Thank You to donalgodon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donalgodon Ad-Free
6th July 2012, 11:09 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Should I have cleared them before flashing the rom? If I clear them now will I have to reflash the phone?
6th July 2012, 11:25 PM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnamaragio

Should I have cleared them before flashing the rom? If I clear them now will I have to reflash the phone?

No you can clear it after too, only data will be cleared, but the rom will still be on your phone.

I would advise you to clear data, dalvik cache and cache partition between gingerbread and ics (or any new major release for that matter), as well as wipe battery stats and fix permissions.
Between small updates within the same version just clearing dalvik cache is enough.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)