[Q] weak signal reception after changing micro-usb flex

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By duguet, Junior Member on 22nd October 2012, 06:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th February 2013, 06:34 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have same problem with my phone. Unfortunately sellers which were given in this post does not exist anymore. Could someone name a seller with good USB flex circuit without 3G reception problems?
The Following User Says Thank You to Vobliks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vobliks Ad-Free

12th February 2013, 09:26 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Talking Found A Fix
Hey everyone!

I was reading through the forums regarding the problem at hand.
I also replaced my usb due to it being falty and lost all network signal.
After some reading i was seeing the only option is to buy yet another replacement.

I have found a fix for the problem as i do not wish to spend time buying replacements and hoping they are valid for my phone.
after reading on post of a man who changed his soldering on the usb board i tried something a little more drastic..

as i have a spare to hand i didnt have anything to lose by doing this.

I CUT the antennae part of the board off my original (just after the screw hold next to the mic)
And done the same to my new replacement part in the same place. i then put a small amount of black electrical tape on the now ''open'' ends of the boards and put them in the phone. I'm extremely suprised this worked, but it does. Seems the two sides of the board are not connected.

I now have full network signal, 3G+, Wifi works, Back speaker works, Mic works, phone chargers and connects via usb and transfers files. all the parts contained within that module seem to be working fine.

Enjoy
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Serathian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Serathian Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 08:44 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serathian

Hey everyone!

I was reading through the forums regarding the problem at hand.
I also replaced my usb due to it being falty and lost all network signal.
After some reading i was seeing the only option is to buy yet another replacement.

I have found a fix for the problem as i do not wish to spend time buying replacements and hoping they are valid for my phone.
after reading on post of a man who changed his soldering on the usb board i tried something a little more drastic..

as i have a spare to hand i didnt have anything to lose by doing this.

I CUT the antennae part of the board off my original (just after the screw hold next to the mic)
And done the same to my new replacement part in the same place. i then put a small amount of black electrical tape on the now ''open'' ends of the boards and put them in the phone. I'm extremely suprised this worked, but it does. Seems the two sides of the board are not connected.

I now have full network signal, 3G+, Wifi works, Back speaker works, Mic works, phone chargers and connects via usb and transfers files. all the parts contained within that module seem to be working fine.

Enjoy

can you send me a picture please?

UPDATE:
just bought the one from the ebay seller "powerseller_nr" , maybe it's also good that there is written that it has ben sold about 285 times. also in the rating many people are saying everything is fine (product reference in the comments Nr.150811910429)

this is from a german forum, some people had the same problems:
this user wrote that he had only EDGE or GPRS , sometime H+ but then only weak signal. so he bought the replacement from this ebay seller and it works now.

a short while ago before i bought the usbflex , i called the seller in germany and he said that it is original and rev 2.3 (like in description) . he told me that rev2.2 is old an isn't produced anymore (because many of these had problems with the micro usb). Let's see if this new one helps.

Quote:

Gut bin dazu gekommen meine neue USB-Platine einzubauen. Die stammt jetzt von Ebay-Händler 'powerseller_nr'. Kostet zwar nen zehner mehr (16,90 €) aber dafür funktioniert sie einwandfrei. Interessanterweise untescheided sich dieses Bauteil auch rein äußerlich (Beschriftung, Schutz über Mikrofon dabei etc.) von dem ursprünglich gekauften. Scheinbar war das erste trotzt gegenteiliger Behauptung nicht Original...

Mein Tipp an alle die Probleme mit ihrer USB-Buchse haben:
Gebt einmal 17 € aus und investiert ca. 10 min für den Umbau und ihr habt eure Ruhe

P.S.: Der Versand geht bei diesem Händler auch innerhalb eines Tages. Montag früh bestellt, Dienstag schon bei mir...

i will give an update when i get my microusb flex and have tested it
13th February 2013, 01:55 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Re: [Q] weak signal reception after changing micro-usb flex
This is the parts togeather in my phone. They overlap a small amout. I could trim the board down further but im happy it pushes the board up to insure contact with the module.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360763357198.jpg
Views:	9342
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1726382

This is the two left over parts. As you can see i just cut them. Nothing special.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360763472320.jpg
Views:	9195
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1726389

Only downside is that with the overlapping boards the case is slightly pushed open at the bottem of the battery slot.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360763550607.jpg
Views:	4085
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	1726391

As you can see i am sending this from my phone on the bus. Been using the phone all day not a single problem ocurred. Phone charged as normal over night. Currently connected to 3g+ network.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Serathian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Serathian Ad-Free
15th February 2013, 05:44 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

This is the parts togeather in my phone. They overlap a small amout. I could trim the board down further but im happy it pushes the board up to insure contact with the module.
Attachment 1726382

This is the two left over parts. As you can see i just cut them. Nothing special.
Attachment 1726389

Only downside is that with the overlapping boards the case is slightly pushed open at the bottem of the battery slot.
Attachment 1726391

As you can see i am sending this from my phone on the bus. Been using the phone all day not a single problem ocurred. Phone charged as normal over night. Currently connected to 3g+ network.

i also cutted the conductor plate , it works

today i got the replacement of the ebay seller: "powerseller_nr"

it´s rev 2.3 and also works like a charm!
3rd April 2013, 12:35 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Attachment 1726382

Attachment 1726389

Attachment 1726391

This works perfect i got my full signal back .Thnx
5th April 2013, 11:05 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronymous

OK, good news ... today I got my second part, and this one seems to work just fine! 3G and H+ are back! And of course it charges.

As I ordered 2 different parts at the same time from HongKong, I am not 100% sure which one I got, but I am quite confident it is the one from mingxing200808. The item I bought is sold out now, but he relisted it (at higher price: 6.90 USD vs 3.90 USD that I paid, still worth it though). Note that the picture posted is not the same as the part shipped (which was newer, at least in my case). Also note that you need to reuse the rubber cover of the microphone (e-cell included that rubber piece). There is also no adhesive on the mingxing part, but as far as I can see you don't need that either.

Good luck!

I had the same kind of experience. Started with the usual 'over voltage charging stopped' type of nonsense, and then I ordered a new charging port. It arrived, I fitted it and there was no signal. I'm not a newbie on this kind of thing so I knew I had connected it all up properly. I reconnected the old faulty part and the 3g signal came back full strength. There was about 25db difference in the signals and that is a MASSIVE difference - about 1/500,000th of the signal. The board I received had REV2.2 on it. I had the money refunded from the supplier and sent for another one - this time it cost £8 instead of £4.40 delivered.

I fitted the new part and got the full five bar signal at home which is what I am used to.

This is the ebay link to the good part I bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1509120003...84.m1439.l2649

Since the link may die out the dealer goes by the name can888. The advert claims the part is a genuine Samsung part. It is stamped Rev 2.3.

Other hints and tips:

Take care that when fitting the board, you first remove the microphone grey rubber boot from the phone chassis and slide the little microphone unit into it before fitting the boot and board back onto the chassis. If you don't, you will have no audio out on your phone calls as far as your caller is concerned.

I am going to order some small rubber port covers from ebay to keep the new usb port clean. The mass of posts on the cause of the original failure seems to think that the port fails in the first place because of dirt/damp and humidity causing corrosion on the tiny tracks in the usb port. Once this has happened, the port will often not work again even after proper cleaning. I suppose a chip may die because of the short circuit.

Good luck
8th April 2013, 02:27 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have same problem but unfortunately.my usb dock was replaced by a lab
So i haven't the old part.
I replaced again with one from a destroid phon.and nothing.
I have still a very weak 3g signal -30db less comparing
My galaxy s3..I am helpless.
May be i will change provider with one that the reception is high
8th April 2013, 05:03 PM |#39  
Flag Villa Fundacion
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I have a similar problem. weak or none signal on one carrier on 2G (GPRS and EDGE) that carrier works on 900/1800/1900Mhz (Don't know what band it is using in here). I haven't try on 3G on this carrier (3G 900Mhz) since there is not 3G from this carrier on my town. the other carrier works fine 2G 850/1900Mhz, 3G 850Mhz.

The other problem is that the phone is not charging nor connecting to PC with this USB port. I think this USB part is faulty. Unfortunately I have bought a new one before reading this post.
23rd April 2013, 04:07 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
So I got a new USB port replacement, and had the same experience; file transfers worked again, but very poor reception. Did the cutting method, totally worked. Speaker, mic, charging, usb connectivity all tested and working. My part was rev 2.2, and didn't have the grey boot on the mic; I'll probably go back in later and take the one from my faulty one (a 2.3 rev) and stick it on the 2.2.

Here's what I ordered: SamSung i9100 Galaxy SII S2 Charge Charging USB Dock Port Connector Flex Cable from gadgetfix

Also, I have an i777, the AT&T version, but it's the same part.
22nd May 2013, 09:37 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I'd like to give another report of success of the cutting method, thanks Serathian!

I also replaced the original rev 2.2 with rev 2.3 which fixed the usb port but gave me very unstable and poor reception.

I decided to be a bit more daring with the cutting though; these are the spare parts from both flex cables:

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1369211372708.jpg
Views:	2128
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	1981676

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1369211428444.jpg
Views:	1871
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	1981680

As you can see they are cut so the parts fit the casing. There was some glue left on the antenna part of the old flex which keeps it in place (although i think it wouldn't move anyways due to the casing).

Images taken a few minutes ago with my S2, with which I'm sending this over a full and stable HSPA+ reception

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to underhuggare For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift underhuggare Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)