My Current Spec:
Model:GT-I9100
Firmware version:4.1
Android Version:4.1.2
Baseband version:I9100XXLS8
Kernel version:GT-I9100-user 4.1.2 JZO54K I9100XWLSD release-keys
Recovery:pHILZ

I want to test dotOS-O-v2.4-i9100-UNOFFICIAL-20180813
I tried to flash TWRP Recovery via ODIN about 12 Times with no luck.
2018-08-30_112545.png

Plz Guide me steps to install my desired custom Rom
Thanks

Last edited:

linusdan

Mar 18, 2017
Salvador, BA
artededan.com
i9100

Attachments

• stock_kernel_twrp_2.8.7.0-signed-for_Odin.tar
    6.4 MB · Views: 2,451
  • kernel-Lanchon-20160406-i9100.zip
    6 MB · Views: 2,464
  • pit_files.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

galaxys2ci

Sep 11, 2018
Hello everyone

i installed LOS 14.1 on my galaxy s2 gti9100 and twrp 3.1.0 as well . I followed steps from xda forum and downloaded all necessary files to install and got everything done. Recently i have been trying to update twrp 3.1.0 to 3.2.3 which is latest version. I tried to do this via twrp app with flashing twrp img but when i reboot to recovery it does not update twrp and stock recovery shows up. One of the helpful members of xda contacted me and suggested some ways to do it but it still did not work. Is there anyone who updated twrp 3.1.0 to 3.2.3 on galaxy s2 gt i9100 . What i know is galaxy s2 does not support twrp . in order to do it i had to install kernel and pit file via odin first and then kernel lanchon and then 3.1.0 iso rec gangster recovery. These steps worked perfectly. But i just cannot update to 3.2.3. I would like to update it because in the near future 3.1.0 will not support installation of newer roms. Please if anyone shares with me how to upgrade twrp to latest version i will be appriciated.

thank you

DevisG79

Jan 26, 2015
Hannover
i9100
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hello everyone

i installed LOS 14.1 on my galaxy s2 gti9100 and twrp 3.1.0 as well . I followed steps from xda forum and downloaded all necessary files to install and got everything done. Recently i have been trying to update twrp 3.1.0 to 3.2.3 which is latest version. I tried to do this via twrp app with flashing twrp img but when i reboot to recovery it does not update twrp and stock recovery shows up. One of the helpful members of xda contacted me and suggested some ways to do it but it still did not work. Is there anyone who updated twrp 3.1.0 to 3.2.3 on galaxy s2 gt i9100 . What i know is galaxy s2 does not support twrp . in order to do it i had to install kernel and pit file via odin first and then kernel lanchon and then 3.1.0 iso rec gangster recovery. These steps worked perfectly. But i just cannot update to 3.2.3. I would like to update it because in the near future 3.1.0 will not support installation of newer roms. Please if anyone shares with me how to upgrade twrp to latest version i will be appriciated.

thank you
If you are on LOS 14.1 then stay on TWRP 3.1.0.
If you will Update to LOS 15.1 (of course clean) then first Install latest TWRP 3.2.3. It works only for Oreo and above.

Reactions: hteles

galaxys2ci

Sep 11, 2018
upgrade of TWRP 3.1 to 3.2

Hello DevisG79

Thank you very much for your reply . I appreciated that. Right now i'm on LOS 14.1 ( works fine for now ) but how can i install twrp 3.2.3 on my galaxy s2 if i need to upgrade to LOS 15.1 . The only latest twrp isorec is 3.1.0 for galaxy s2 . I could not find isorec 3.2.3 for s2. I can not just flash via twrp app . Galaxy S2 does not support twrp 3.2.3. Yesterday i tried but i did not work. There must be a way to upgrade twrp to latest version for S2. Do you know how to do it ? Please can you guide me if you know how to do it ?

Thank you
Have a great day

ripee

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
Hello DevisG79

Thank you very much for your reply . I appreciated that. Right now i'm on LOS 14.1 ( works fine for now ) but how can i install twrp 3.2.3 on my galaxy s2 if i need to upgrade to LOS 15.1 . The only latest twrp isorec is 3.1.0 for galaxy s2 . I could not find isorec 3.2.3 for s2. I can not just flash via twrp app . Galaxy S2 does not support twrp 3.2.3. Yesterday i tried but i did not work. There must be a way to upgrade twrp to latest version for S2. Do you know how to do it ? Please can you guide me if you know how to do it ?

Thank you
Have a great day

You don't need the older 3.1 IsoRec TWRP to flash 3.2.3-0. As long as you have a kernel flashed, you can flash 3.2.3-0 overtop of your older TWRP within that older TWRP. If for whatever reason your 14.1 kernel will not allow TWRP 3.2.3-0 to boot into recovery:

1) re-flash the IsoRec TWRP,
2) extract the boot.img file from the 15.1 rom zip you wish to flash,
3) flash it from within TWRP 3.1,
4) flash TWRP 3.2.3-0 from within TWRP 3.1,
5) reboot into TWRP 3.2.3-0 and try flashing your 15.1 rom then.

the.gangster

Apr 3, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S7
Hello DevisG79

Thank you
Have a great day

It's all in the opening post. Link, description, and even if you follow the link you get yet another description and the recovery itself.
How much more guidance do you need???

But again: if you stay on Los 14.1 you better stick at version 3.1.0-0.

Reactions: galaxys2ci

DevisG79

Jan 26, 2015
Hannover
i9100
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hello DevisG79

Thank you
Have a great day
Remember that LOS 15.1 is still in Beta, but seems stable.
ripee and the.gangster are right. I only want to say what worked for me:
Wipe data and system in TWRP 3.1.0, then flash LOS 15.1. From TWRP 3.1.0 flash TWRP 3.2.3 img, select Recovery. Reboot Recovery and again clean flash LOS 15.1. Reboot system

Reactions: galaxys2ci

galaxys2ci

Sep 11, 2018
Hello ripee

Thank you for your recommendation and reply as well . LOS 14.1 works fine for me now but in the near future i will have to install newer roms as long as my s2 supports and i will do what you recommended . Thank you for taking your time to guiding me.

Have a great day
Thanks again

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Hello DevisG79

Thanks again for your reply. I will install 15.1 someday in the near future but 14.1 works fine right now . It will stick to 3.1.0 for now until 15.1 is completely stable . I would like to install it but just like you said it is beta version so i just do not want to install and uninstall roms and damage the phone. Thank you so much for your time.

Have a nice day.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Hi Gangster

Thanks you and for all other member who replied my questions about twrp updating. Well i will stick to 14.1 and 3.1.0 for now. I think i got enough recommendations regarding twrp and i always follow this xda forum before i install any custom roms . Thank you for your guidance and if i need more i will contact you guys.

Thank you for all
You guys have a great day

TacoLoco

Nov 28, 2007
Flashed newest TWRP from 3.1.0.0 but now I only have Lineage Recovery (never seen this before..).. Do you know what I did wrong and what to do now?

Lister Of Smeg

Hi Guys,

I'm sure I read this somewhere further up. But is this build of TWRP, purely for Android 8 / 9 and upwards.

Or can it be used for older versions also, such as trips down memory lane... such as Android 4.4 roms onwards too...??? Or do you have to downgrade your TWRP, if you wish to run older roms...??

Thanks, Lister

galaxys2ci

Sep 11, 2018
Hello guys
I have a galaxy s2 i9100 and LOS 15.1 (oreo) running with latest twrp 3.2.3 but before that i installed LOS 14.1 with 3.1.0 . I tried to install 3.2.3 on LOS 14.1 but it did not work . Whenever i flashed recovery image a stock recovery showed up and then i tried the same thing with 3.2.1 ( i thought lower version would work ) and still did not work . My phone went crazy after all these flashing roms and recoveries . Lastly i installed LOS 15.1 after flashing rom and gaps right away flashed recovery image and rebooted to recovery before rebooting system and this time it worked . What i learned is latest twrp 3.2.3 is for oreo and above. This was my experience . If you need to install latest twrp you need to have oreo and above.

monane12

May 13, 2011
Flashed newest TWRP from 3.1.0.0 but now I only have Lineage Recovery (never seen this before..).. Do you know what I did wrong and what to do now?

Hi,
I have the same problem.
I was on Lineageos 14.1 with TWRP 3.1.0.0 for months and everything worked fine. After I updated to TWRP 3.2.3.0 via TWRP 3.1.0.0 the whole TWRP Recovery was lost. :confused:
Is there any solution to go back to 3.1.0.0 without having to flash the whole system?
Best Regards
Oli

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

This phone does not have a separate recovery partition, only a virtual recovery partition in the boot (kernel) partition. After flashing an IsoRec kernel and recovery, you will then be able to flash all non-IsoRec kernels and recoveries (such as this official TWRP) without any problems (see instructions below).
    More information about IsoRec can be found in the [MOD] IsoRec: Isolated Recovery for the Galaxy S2 Family thread, courtesy of Lanchon.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: Whenever I try flashing any ROM, I get a Fail to map file error.
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash a rom zip file without first flashing the boot.img file from the rom zip file before attempting to flash the rom itself (see instructions below).

Q: How do I flash anything if TWRP displays an error that it cannot mount any partition?
    A: This error appears after re-PITing your phone's internal storage but without re-formatting the partitions:
    1. In the main menu, tap "Wipe" then "Advanced Wipe".
    2. Perform the following steps for each of these partitions individually one by one: System, Internal Storage, Data:
    a) Tap "Repair or Change File System".
    b) Tap "ext4".
    c) Move the slider to the right to format.
    3. Follow the flashing instructions below.

Heimdall
    - Glass Echidna

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S II (International)

How to flash the latest official TWRP when coming from stock or another custom recovery
    1. Flash an IsoRec recovery and kernel, which can be found here.
    2. Extract the boot.img file (kernel) from the zip file of the ROM you wish to flash.
    3. Copy both the boot.img file and the latest official TWRP onto your phone or SD card.
    3. Boot into the IsoRec TWRP, regardless of which version it is.
    4. In the main menu, tap on "Install" then "Install Image".
    5. Flash the boot.img file by selecting the "Boot" radio button.
    6. Flash the latest official TWRP by selecting the "Recovery" radio button.
    7. Reboot into Recovery. You should now be on the latest official TWRP.
    8. Proceed with flashing the ROM and GApps package, either clean or dirty.

You will ONLY need to follow the above steps when flashing the official TWRP when you are coming from stock or another custom recovery!

Changelog
    - See post #2.

Bugs
    - You tell me!

Credits
    - arnab, Lanchon, the.gangster, rINanDO, and every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the TWRP community in the development of and in providing feedback for the i9100.

Sources
    - arnab
    - Lanchon
    - rINanDO
    - i9100 repository
    - TWRP repository

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP 3.5.2_9-0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    ripee
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 3.5.2_9-0
    Stable Release Date: 2021-04-06

Created 2018-01-25
    Last Updated 2022-12-09
    Progress update

I managed to get it to flash and boot. If you wipe all partitions except External storage and USB-OTG, you will see both Internal and External storage in their proper partition sizes.

But I'm still working on "Failed to map file".

Edit: after wiping all partitions except external storage and usb-otg, twrp's settings finally persist after rebooting back into recovery.

Edit 2: it seems that Open GApps flash normally, but neither official nor unofficial LineageOS 14.1 does :p back to it...
    I haven't given up on getting official TWRP on the S2!

In fact, I'll have access to an S2 starting next week because it's my aunt's backup phone.
    The problem may lie in re-PITting

I've taken another look at my logs and I'm going to go back to square one, re-flash stock, then flash TWRP again, but this time without re-pitting my system partition. Lineage should be small enough to flash, so we'll see if the maximum allowable file size that twrp interprets that can be flashed is determined by re-PITting or if twrp determines what can fit some other way.
    I re-built my device tree again, this time adapting from rINanDO's cm-14.1-emu branch. The SD card and the TWRP folder in internal storage mount fine, allowing for flashing from both internal and external storage, which TWRP refers to as "Micro SD card".