[17/10-11][ROM] Touch X-POWER+ [XWKI8] 1.0 SP1 -FASTER & LONGLASTING BATTERY

is version number (ex. kg3, kg6 etc.) or better performance or battery important?

• Yes, newer version is always better.....

Votes: 178 17.3%
  • Yes, performance is everything...

Votes: 154 15.0%
  • Yes, battery life is my mayhem.....

Votes: 698 67.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kircchoffs

Apr 1, 2011
Titanium Backup

this ROM is really fast and smooth :D
but i'm having problem with TB.
my back up apps and data won't restore. is there any fix for this? :confused:

EDIT:checking USB debugging at application fixed my problem!

Last edited:

xinfinityoO

May 14, 2011
Wellington
damn.. a lil bit more then 6 hour of sleep and battery still at 100% ..wow ..unless my battery counter not working ..heheh ..impressive.. using with ninpo kernel

edit

7 hours ..still 100% ..mm is the battery counter working..lol

edit..

finally after 7 and half hours it went to 99%.. awesome..but it was basically sleeping.. now time to test moderate usage

Last edited:

Kevin_seymer

Oct 11, 2008
I can't get Market to download! Download just pending, never starts

I came from cognition with the new market...but I did wipe data and cache....anybody can help me out?!

EDIT: A reboot seems to have solved it so far

Last edited:

craylim

May 28, 2010
The batt performane is good but still pretty hard to believe. Are you talking about data off or flight mode?

I am using 3.1 with ninphetamine and UCUV (800mhz) and I dun think i will get those numbers. :)

damn.. a lil bit more then 6 hour of sleep and battery still at 100% ..wow ..unless my battery counter not working ..heheh ..impressive.. using with ninpo kernel

edit

edit..

finally after 7 and half hours it went to 99%.. awesome..but it was basically sleeping.. now time to test moderate usage

xinfinityoO

May 14, 2011
Wellington
The batt performane is good but still pretty hard to believe. Are you talking about data off or flight mode?

I am using 3.1 with ninphetamine and UCUV (800mhz) and I dun think i will get those numbers. :)

using greenpower battery saver ( manages ur wifi/data ) and no not in flight mode.. deficits the purpose of a mobile..used same settings on many ROMS.. so far this one turns out to be pretty good on battery

and that stats is while i was sleeping at night ..no usage..

and calibrate ur battery.. my battery voltage on 100% is 4208 ..dats the max i have reached

Last edited:

craylim

May 28, 2010
Oh cool. Will try that geenpower app. yup, batt calibrated too.
Hoping to get even better batt life out of it.

BTW, just saw your sig and I am UVed at almost the same level.

using greenpower battery saver ( manages ur wifi/data ) and no not in flight mode.. deficits the purpose of a mobile..used same settings on many ROMS.. so far this one turns out to be pretty good on battery

and that stats is while i was sleeping at night ..no usage..

and calibrate ur battery.. my battery voltage on 100% is 4208 ..dats the max i have reached

scanie

Jul 18, 2008
Damn, this ROM is fast! Probably the fastest and most responsive one I have tried so far. Battery life seems great too.

You're doing a great job smaberg, keep it up!

xinfinityoO

May 14, 2011
Wellington
i will post my battery usage once i reach 1% .i had to recharge and calibrate again as i had to install themes and wipe cache/dalvik..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally the touch X-POWER+ for the Galaxy S II
    ROM CHEF: Smaberg
    GRAPHICS: Smaberg, some icons borrowed from Vertumus
    MY FANTASTIC BETA CREW: CSCicus, nsumner, brendonwardmusic... ill love theese guys as they work hard to find bugs and help me solve em!

ROM IS DEODEXED, NO BROWSER LAG ANYMORE. Modem and kernal is flashed when flashing ROM.
    RECOMENDATION ON RADIO, KERNEL ETC. WILL BE FOUND IN ROM CHANGELOG's if any!

blue_theme.jpg

Mirrors in post 2, if any

addons anb misc in post 3

Changelogs in post 4

change logs service packs / Questions, answers, guides and explanation about problems in post 5

How to install ROM or Service Pack (sp)

FOR ALL ROMS, if it dosn't boot, run cwm and flash "CWM zip -Remove PowerSave script files" from post 3 (after flashing ROM then DIRECTLY flash the remove file).

Install Rom AND install SP
    1. reboot into CWM
    2. Wipe Data & Cache (wipe Data only when wanting to make sure everythings gonna work perfekt on non wipe ROM's?)
    3. wipe dalvik cache (my latest ROM's does it for you)
    4. Flash latest Touch X-Power
    5. reboot, let it load
    6. reboot into CWM
    7. Flash latest SP
    8. Wipe dalvik cache
    9. Reboot
    10. let it load, DONE!

Update Rom Only
    1. reboot into CWM
    2. Wipe Data & Cache (wipe Data only when wanting to make sure everythings gonna work perfekt on non wipe ROM's?)
    3. wipe dalvik cache (my latest ROM's does it for you)
    4. Flash latest Touch X-Power
    5. reboot, let it load

Update Rom in same series
    1. reboot into CWM
    2. Wipe Cache
    3. wipe dalvik cache
    4. Flash latest Touch X-Power in the SAME series
    5. reboot, let it load

install SP
    1. reboot into CWM
    2. Flash latest SP
    3. Wipe dalvik cache
    4. Reboot
    5. let it load, DONE!

rom_downloads.jpg

THEESE ARE TOTALLY NEW RELEASES. THIS NEW ROMs IS BASED ON A ROM BASE BUILD (main rom download) WITH ADDONS (in addons post).
    For example the green theme as addon in CWM .zip, and missing apps etc... you get the picture i think

MISSINGS APPS (RIPPED OUT BY ME) IN POST 3
    SERVICE PACKS IN POST 3

make sure to recalibrate battery after flashing and do a reboot after first initial boot, see below(post 3) in changelog on how to recal. batt...

X_powerPlus.jpg

Touch X-POWER+ XWKI8 1.0 :D
    PS. IF ROM LAGS A LITTLE, ITS BECAUSE OF THE CONSERVATIVE GOVERNOR...READ CHANGELOG ON HOW TO CHANGE TO "ONDEMAND" (or download the ondemand file from addons in post3) DRAINS BATTERY A LITTLE MORE(VERY LITTLE).
    MIRRORS BELOW, AND DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT ADDONS BELOW IN POST 3
    ALSO CHECK FOR SERVICE PACKS TO ENSURE STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE...

USER COMMENT

damn.. a lil bit more then 6 hour of sleep and battery still at 100%
    ..wow ..unless my battery counter not working ..heheh ..impressive.. using with ninpo kernel
    edit
    edit..
    finally after 7 and half hours it went to 99%.. awesome..but it was basically sleeping..
    now time to test moderate usage
    ADDONS AND MISC. ALL FLASHABLE THROUGH CWM. (if not stated otherwise)

14/8 OLD Default Wallpaper (jpg pic, right click and save as..)
    14/8 OLD Default Lockscreen (jpg pic, right click and save as..)

19/8 NEW Default Wallpaper (jpg pic, right click and save as..)
    19/8 NEW Default Lockscreen (jpg pic, right click and save as..)

GPS CONFIG FILES ALL COUNTRIES HERE, FASTER FIX

TOUCH X-POWER+ [XXKI3] 2.XX ONLY below line (CWM FLASHABLE)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    28/9-2011 Adds the missing apps and widgets to the rom as i ripped out FOR [TXP+ XXKI3] 2.0 ONLY!
    28/9-2011 Brings smother scrolling in lists, but speed will be a little slower, (swipe faster than normal for same scrolling speed)
    3/10-2011 Service Pack 1(only for 2.0 NOT 2.1), please read changelog for service packs below, the power save is PUBLIC BETA, SO DO REPORT IN THREAD WHAT YOU THINK.
    30/9-2011 CWM zip -Remove PowerSave files in SP1, 2.1, New KG5, please read changelog for service packs below
    03/10-2011 Graphics fix for SP1 & 2.1

05/10-2011 REMOVE overscroll in menus and in browser & replace them with the good old samsung bounce ;)
    05/10-2011 REMOVE overscroll in browser ONLY & replace them with the good old samsung bounce ;)

Ps. you need to wipe dalvik cache after flashing ANY MOD...
    END OF TOUCH X-POWER+ XXKI3 ONLY
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TOUCH X-POWER+ [XWKI8] X.X ONLY below line (CWM FLASHABLE)
    10/10-2011 Adds the missing apps and widgets to the rom as i ripped out!
    10/10-2011 CWM zip -Remove PowerSave script files.
    10/10-2011 Add Hebrew support(arabic) (Thx sumner)

12/10-2011 Add APM (advanced power menu) and 12 quickbuttons in notification menu (scrollable) (quick toggle) (Thx sileshn)
    12/10-2011 return to stock phone, and remove callrec.
    12/10-2011 return to stock call logs with sms etc.
    12/10-2011 change governor to ondemand, for thoose who want smoother UI(default is conservative), it does consume more power, but not much more. this is a requested mod.
    13/10-2011 Add Advanced Power menu only

17/10-2011 SERVICE PACK 1 (DETAILS IN CHANGELOG BELOW) NOTE! YOU MUST UNINSTALL GOOGLE PLUS 2.0 BEFORE INSTALLING SERVICE PACK.
    click here to download, if you read that you must uninstall Google plus 2.0 before installing SP1. :D
    18/10-2011 THE NEW IMPROVED EDITABLE APM WITH 14 quick-toggle buttons in notification menu (they are scrollable) and with SETTINGS app(quickPan setting, not fully working yet, sorry) to choose witch to see (use) and some more settings for how it functions...(Thx lidroid for org idea)...

20/10-2011 New Touch X-POWER+ Themed JKAY MOD for my ROM, YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE THEME SETTING APP FROM JKAY's THREAD to use it.
    CLICK HERE FOR JKAY's THREAD

Ps. you need to wipe dalvik cache after flashing ANY MOD...
    END OF TOUCH X-POWER+ [XWKI8] X.X ONLY

Changelogs

CHANGE LOGS FOR ROMS

Touch X-POWER+ XWKI8 1.X "FULLY DEODEXED" (modified) ANDROID 2.3.5 (europe & nordic) COMING SOON.........

This release contains latest XWKI4 modem, you can flash the one thats your favorite if you don't like it ;)

* FULLY DEODEXED
    * Totally rewamped scripts and mods for powersaving and performence :)
    * made my mods so you can flash themes for stock XWKI8 without problems :)
    * Siyah kernel WITH POSSIBILITY TO OVERCLOCK UP TO 1600Mhz (stock 1200Mhz) (thx SIYAH) PS. this kernel is undervolted through my scripts. a how to is coming soon
    * THE NEW KERENEL HAS MANY NEW FEATURES AS AUTO BATTERY CALIBRATION, CLICK HERE TO LEARN ABOUT NEW KERNEL
    * The CPU Kernel governor is "CONSERVATIVE" as default, as its saves more battery, but you can edit script to choose what you want(see guide below on how to.) USE SetCPU to see what governors thats available.
    * SMOOTHER THEN EVER :)
    * Added Darkyrom II app for flashing of kernals, modems etc.
    * stock SIP enabled on WIFI and 3G
    * Gtalk with audio/video from real 2.3.5
    * camera high quality recording with hardware button cap (vol down to take picture)
    * maps 5.10.1 WITH WORLD NAVIGATION
    * Updated market
    * superuser 3.02
    * Stock Browser, ability to install the useragent switcher browser with or without overscroll in addons
    * MIUI Compass
    * AppWidgetPicker (groups widgets thats got many choices)
    * HoneyComb like Live wallpaper
    * Download all from browser (downloadall.apk)
    * INCLUDED GoLauncher as i use it always
    * included GoLauncher widgets ALL I USE
    * updated MANY apps
    * included flashlight app
    * JKAY mod ready, that means you can flash JKAY mod when its out...
    * Call recording
    * MMS messaging fix
    * Removed sms from call log
    * Email removed security
    * Google music 4 (icecream sandwich version)
    * Google PLUS 2 (icecream sandwich version)
    * No APM as most will flash JKAY MOD when its out, but maybe ill add a CWM for that later

AND MUCH MORE, test it out and you will never go back to another ROM....

BEFORE STARTING TO EDIT SCRIPTS, make BACKUP.... if phone wont boot and YOU MUST HAVE SOMETHING IN YOUR PHONE, FLASH THE CWM ZIP FILE REMOVE POWERSAVE SCRIPTS.
    the code in red is the one to change only

SCRIPT: 96undervolt - Controls Undervolting settings for CPU "lower setting better powersaving, but to low will make phone not to boot, hang and so"

#!/system/bin/sh

#customize voltages to you values
    #All Steps in MHz
    #Steps are: 1400 1200 1000 800 500 200
    NORMAL_STEPS="1275 1175 1075 975 875 850" - THEESE VALUES ARE VOLTAGES FOR 1400Mhz DOWN TO 200Mhz
    #Added Step is for max_step higher than 1400Mhz
    HIGHER_STEP="1425" THIS VALUE IS FOR 1600Mhz ONLY
    #Added Step is for min_step lower than 200Mhz
    LOWER_STEP="825" AND THIS IS FOR THE 100Mhz

echo "kwerdenkers kernel adaptive UV init-script active. Checking kernel for UV support..."
    #Checking stuff
    if [[ -e /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table ]]; then
    echo "Kernel supports undervolting! Checking frequencies table for number of speed steps..."
    UV_COUNT=$(cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table | wc -l)

case $UV_COUNT in
    6)
    echo "6 speed steppings found"
    echo $NORMAL_STEPS > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table
    ;;
    7)
    echo "7 speed steppings found"
    echo $HIGHER_STEP" "$NORMAL_STEPS > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table
    ;;
    8)
    echo "8 speed steps found. Checking for Siyah kernel..."
    if [[ $(uname -r | grep Siyah -) ]]; then
    echo "Kernel found. Safe to use 8 step UV settings."
    echo $HIGHER_STEP" "$NORMAL_STEPS" "$LOWER_STEP > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table
    else
    echo "Other 8 step kernel found. Skipping UV for now for security reasons."
    fi
    ;;
    *)
    echo "[!!] Found number of steppings with no correlating UV settings: "$UV_COUNT". No UV will be used! Please repot your kernel and the steppings to the author of this script."
    ;;
    esac
    else
    echo "Kernel does not seem to support UV settings. Skipping UV."
    fi

SCRIPT: 97gpuundervolt - Controls Undervolting settings for GPU (graphics chip) "lower setting better powersaving, but to low will make phone not to boot, hang and so"

#!/system/bin/sh

#customize the following two lines
    NEW_GPU_CLOCK="100 267" - THEESE TWO ARE LOWEST/HIGHEST Mhz FOR GPU AND IS DEFAULT VALUE
    NEW_GPU_VOLTAGE="825000 925000" - THIS IS THE VOLTAGE CONTROL FOR GPU 825000 IS 825mV, DEFAULT FOR SAMSUNG IS 950mV/1000mV

# CLOCK INFO:
    # 100 114 133 160 200 267 400 are valid values
    # 160 267 are default
    # VOLTAGE INFO:
    # 500000 min / 1200000 max
    # 950000 1000000 default

if [ -e /sys/class/misc/gpu_clock_control/gpu_control ];
    then
    echo "Previous clock settings:"
    cat /sys/class/misc/gpu_clock_control/gpu_control
    echo $NEW_GPU_CLOCK > /sys/class/misc/gpu_clock_control/gpu_control
    echo "New clock settings:"
    cat /sys/class/misc/gpu_clock_control/gpu_control
    fi;

if [ -e /sys/class/misc/gpu_voltage_control/gpu_control ];
    then
    echo "Previous voltage settings:"
    cat /sys/class/misc/gpu_voltage_control/gpu_control
    echo $NEW_GPU_VOLTAGE > /sys/class/misc/gpu_voltage_control/gpu_control
    echo "New voltage settings:"
    cat /sys/class/misc/gpu_voltage_control/gpu_control
    fi;

SCRIPT: 98underclock - THE RED MARKED IS - Control of SPEED settings for CPU (Mhz) "lower setting better powersaving, but to low will make phone not to boot, hang and so", so you can make your 1200Mhz processor only go to 800Mhz to save power if you want to.

THE BLUE MARKED IS - to control witch governor to use, REPLACE IT with what you want to use, REMEMBER IT IS CASE SENSETIVE

#!/system/bin/sh

checkgov=$(cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors | grep ondemand -)

echo "Setting scaling_max_freq to 1200mhz"
    echo 1200000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq - CHANGE ONLY THE VALUE 1200000 (1200Mhz) TO WHAT YOU WANT
    chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    echo "Setting scaling_min_freq to 100mhz"
    echo 100000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq- THIS CONTROLS THE LOWEST SPEED(sleep) NEVER GO UNDER 10000(100Mhz)
    echo "Setting governor to ondemand (if available)"
    if [[ -n "$checkgov" ]]; then
    echo "ondemand found"
    echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor - THIS IS THE ONLY ONE TO CHANGE, THE REST IS FOR YOUR MEMORY :)
    else
    echo "ondemand not found, using standard governor"
    fi

SCRIPT: 98chargecurrent - Controls how much power to put into your battery when connected to charger, ac or USB. BUT BE CAREFUL THIS COULD DAMAGE YOUR PHONE OR BATTERY, NEVER NEVER HIGHER THAN 1000

#!/system/bin/sh

#customize the following line
    NEW_CHARGE_CURRENT="900 650 450" - 900 IS POWER WHEN ON CHARGER ONLY, 650 IS WHEN ON MISC, 450 IS WHEN CONNECTED WITH USB

# CHARGE CURRENT INFO
    # AC MISC and USB charge current respectively
    # stock defaults are 650 450 450
    # kernel defaults are 650 550 450

if [ -e /sys/class/misc/charge_current/charge_current ];
    then
    echo "Previous charge current settings:"
    cat /sys/class/misc/charge_current/charge_current
    echo $NEW_CHARGE_CURRENT > /sys/class/misc/charge_current/charge_current
    echo "New charge current settings:"
    cat /sys/class/misc/charge_current/charge_current
    fi;

To see witch apps and widgets i ripped click here THX CSCicus for doing the list (KI8 has swype and more removed to)

____________________________________________________________________________
    If i forgot to give cred to some one please PM me and ill post it.
    change logs service packs / Questions, answers, guides and explanation about problems
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

change logs service packs

Touch X-POWER+ 2.0 [XXKI3] SP1

03/10-2011

new scripts to control cpu speed, governor and undervolt. if you dont like em or have problems, edit them or remove em with the zip file downloadable below sp1 file.
    new siyah kernel 1.7.8RC1, but to be up to date see here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1263838
    jkay mod(to change lockscreen, advanced power etc. start app "deluxe settings"
    TOTAL remake of memory managment and more...

alos new is a new kernel SiyahKernel v1.6reTOUCHed in the link above, its a...... klick link to see....

Ps. To ensure performence and accurate application behavior, please wipe dalvik cache and reboot.

Touch X-POWER+ 1.X [XWKI8] SP1

17/10-2011

NOTE! YOU MUST UNINSTALL GOOGLE PLUS 2.0 BEFORE INSTALLING SERVICE PACK 1

I've rewritten the scripts, to suite the new siyah kernel and also focused at performance with maintaining batterylife, the resault is astonishing...
    added android keyboard, as its smaller on screen and very very accurate (i use it always)
    updated dsp manager.
    tweaked alot of system files for performance
    added APM (advanced power management) it will overwrite the scrollable one if you have that. (jkay mod is coming very soon)
    added superuser 3.05
    added Google plus 1.08
    and a lot more underlying to keep battery and performance ....

with this sp you'll get 3X the performance raise...

Ps. To ensure performence and accurate application behavior, please wipe dalvik cache and reboot.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions, answers, guides and explanation about problems

Touch X-POWER+ XWKI8 x.x

OFFICIAL RESPONE TO USERS WITH FC IN CONTACTS!

Yes, if you got problems with FC (force Close) then remove google+ 2.0 as its a rip from new icecream sandwich and it should work.

For me with NEW FORMATTED SD CARDS (both internal and external) i have not got theese problems at all, so maybe there is a orphant file or something making and causing the FC...