VillainROM 3.0 for Samsung Galaxy S 2
So that old thread was long... Very long... It had good memories, but it's time to move on to a new thread, as 10k posts is just too much, and there are some more changes this time round. First off, it's as usual, a CWM flashable zip file. But, in a slight change of direction in light of Ninpo and Netarchy's Ninphetamine kernel being more complete, version 2.0.5 is now included. That is newer than the version released in the thread, but it will be updated in due course.
So for now, here's what's new in Version 3.0
- Fully deodexed
- Introduction of Ninphetamine kernel into the ROM (version 2.0.5 with BLN etc) - Note that BLN doesn't work with the stock SMS app, but Handcent is fine. I will look at ways to trigger BLN from the Messaging app later
- Install the BLN app from the market to use this
- Removal of Diginotar root certificates from the trusted store, given they are about as secure as a paper bank vault.
- All the usual stuff, although VRTweaks will be added from scratch again, since this seems a newer and better base.
- Re-addition of SIP since Samsung thinks you should be deprived of it.
Additionally, this is a way to try out the official KI3 ROM, without the bootloader being touched, thus allowing the USB jig to continue to working. To re-iterate, VR never flashes radios or bootloaders, so is safe. Stock ROMs, and other custom ROMs which are ODIN flashed, or indeed ZIPs, can and do sometimes flash these things without telling you. Just be aware - Samsung knows about the USB jig resetting the counter, and is on it...
Install procedure, and other details to come in following posts.
Contributing VRTweaks to VillainROM
Iff you want your tweak in VillainTweaks (with full credits etc) then please PM LennyUK with a description, screenshot if you have one to hand and a direct link (xda attachment, dropbox or your own server) No file hosts please.
We will add them to VRTweaks, so users can install them without having to download files to their phone. Likewise, if users find nice tweaks, let Lenny know