FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[30.10.2012][CF-Root 5.6] K**,LA*,LP-126BHJQ73SC89DEFWGKIQOTUXY,LQ-5B - su+bb+CWM4/5

11,191 posts
Thanks Meter: 85,420

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 30th May 2011, 08:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st May 2011, 01:22 PM |#101  
Flag Graz, Austria
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tready

Just flash your phone with a stock rom via odin or kies

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

To completely remove every trace you'll also have to reset the custom binary counter. You need special hardware for that though: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1068522

31st May 2011, 01:54 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPRobber

To completely remove every trace you'll also have to reset the custom binary counter. You need special hardware for that though: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1068522

True that. Nevertheless (if I understand things correctly), these steps should remove every other trace other than the custom binary counter:

1: Remove superuser and busybox (adb or manually):
Quote:

adb shell
su
rm -r /system/app/Superuser.apk
rm -r /system/xbin/busybox
rm -r /system/bin/su

* Flash stock ROM and kernel through Odin. Boot up.

* Settings->Privacy->Factory data reset. Reboot.

Please correct me if I'm wrong
31st May 2011, 02:26 PM |#103  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 8

More
hmm.... now we have CWM also for SGS2, where r those Custom ROM cookers ? who kept complaining about lack of CWM for SGS2 ???

here u go devs, now can we expect some extra tweaks & modifications to so called custom ROMs ??? because so far, there r hardly any customisations done for the available Custom ROMs... not being so circastic here, just pointing out the fact... pls dont feel loffended devs...

we all love ur work & we will..... but keep up ur good work.... hoping for thee better modifications & tweaks for this bad boy thats all.... keep it up... expecting more & more custom ROMs with nice optimizations....
31st May 2011, 02:32 PM |#104  
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,707

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuvaidya

hmm.... now we have CWM also for SGS2, where r those Custom ROM cookers ? who kept complaining about lack of CWM for SGS2 ???

here u go devs, now can we expect some extra tweaks & modifications to so called custom ROMs ??? because so far, there r hardly any customisations done for the available Custom ROMs... not being so circastic here, just pointing out the fact... pls dont feel loffended devs...

we all love ur work & we will..... but keep up ur good work.... hoping for thee better modifications & tweaks for this bad boy thats all.... keep it up... expecting more & more custom ROMs with nice optimizations....

So... It is out for less than 18 hours, and you are already complaining? You have ROMs available already. I worked round the issues related to lack of CWM by writing an app to install tweaks to your custom ROM...

Then you go "where are the custom ROMs". If that's not rude, I don't know what is. They are already here- see the dev forum. But remember some of us have "real jobs" too... XDA isn't my job, and I've got other things to do as well...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2011, 02:37 PM |#105  
Recognized Developer
Flag Venice
Thanks Meter: 735

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrti

True that. Nevertheless (if I understand things correctly), these steps should remove every other trace other than the custom binary counter:

1: Remove superuser and busybox (adb or manually):

* Flash stock ROM and kernel through Odin. Boot up.

* Settings->Privacy->Factory data reset. Reboot.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

you would also need to delete every link pointing to the busybox binary with a command like "find /system -lname *busybox" (untested)
flashing a stock rom should overwrite the system partition so I guess it's not needed anyway.
31st May 2011, 02:48 PM |#106  
London
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_999

Sorry about a very nooby question... After using CF-root how do we remove all and every trace of custom kernel for warranty purpose..

Will flashing an official Samsung ROM do the trick?

Thanks in advance..

Once again sorry if this has been covered already.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Flash a non-custom rom. See intra tech thread.
I say this because I am presuming if you are asking for reversible process you still have the basics like odin, and functioning usb, power keys and the like.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
31st May 2011, 02:50 PM |#107  
London
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2

So... It is out for less than 18 hours, and you are already complaining? You have ROMs available already. I worked round the issues related to lack of CWM by writing an app to install tweaks to your custom ROM...

Then you go "where are the custom ROMs". If that's not rude, I don't know what is. They are already here- see the dev forum. But remember some of us have "real jobs" too... XDA isn't my job, and I've got other things to do as well...

good call

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
31st May 2011, 02:51 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I just noticed, after flashing the ke7 kernel, I can't access the system wiles with adb anymore.

then I type "adb remount" it gives me this error message:
"remount failed: Operation not permitted"

is there a way to mount the /system and /data folder with RW rights within ADB?
31st May 2011, 02:53 PM |#109  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 85,420

Donate to Me
More
A properly rooted ROM does not allow that indeed...

You need to do this through the shell:

adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
31st May 2011, 02:57 PM |#110  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4,508

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuvaidya

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2

This is why I stopped responding to PMs from this member. I found him quite demanding, it was always "HELP MEEEEE BUDDY! Help me now!!" kind of thing. This dude needs to chill out a bit, learn to be patient.
31st May 2011, 03:00 PM |#111  
Flag Bari
Thanks Meter: 67

More
How can I remove this cwm and back to the stock?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cf-root cwm chainfire, cwm, cwm manager, cwm root, habra cf-root 2.3.6-xwkk5, rooted stock kernel, rooting, samsung galaxy s2 root sii root, tanks.

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)