FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][ExTweaks] SiyahKernel v2.6.14 - "One kernel to rule them all"

3,744 posts
Thanks Meter: 25,763

By gokhanmoral, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 15th September 2011, 10:10 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
23rd September 2011, 08:43 PM |#501  
Recognized Themer
Flag Probably the Zooper Forums
Thanks Meter: 2,545

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_tute

Many Thanks !!!!!

last question,
AC is obviously AC charger
USB, ok, is usb

but wtf is MISC ??

thanks again

I honestly have no idea. It's probably a gathering bin for everything not falling in the other two categories, though I can't think of anything that isn't either USB or AC from what I remeber how this stuff is identified in hardware ^^

23rd September 2011, 08:44 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...923213527.png/
23rd September 2011, 08:51 PM |#503  
OP Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Ankara

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker

I honestly have no idea. It's probably a gathering bin for everything not falling in the other two categories, though I can't think of anything that isn't either USB or AC from what I remeber how this stuff is identified in hardware ^^

MISC is the charger type which has no connection on the data pins.
genuine chargers are detected as AC, others (such as cheap car chargers) are detected as MISC.
that is why you lose charge while using navigation (gps on) when connected to a car charger.
the default MISC value was 450. I have increased it to 550.
the other changes are up to you...
I always want to keep default settings stock (or at least close enough to stock).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gokhanmoral For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gokhanmoral Ad-Free
23rd September 2011, 08:54 PM |#504  
Recognized Themer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokhanmoral

MISC is the charger type which has no connection on the data pins.
genuine chargers are detected as AC, others (such as cheap car chargers) are detected as MISC.
that is why you lose charge while using navigation (gps on) when connected to a car charger.
the default MISC value was 450. I have increased it to 550.
the other changes are up to you...
I always want to keep default settings stock (or at least close enough to stock).

Ah, ok. Always thought those would just be considered USB. Thanks for clearing that up
23rd September 2011, 09:02 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I want to clock gpu to 400 mhz and i have question again , wich is stable voltage for that clock? It is only for one benchmark.
23rd September 2011, 09:04 PM |#506  
Flag Ankara

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ah, ok. Always thought those would just be considered USB. Thanks for clearing that up

by the way, the easiest way to fake a cheap charger as a genuine is to short the data pins
or buy a usb m-f connector, short the data pins and use it in between the charger and the phone.
or just echo an appropriate value to charger-current device
23rd September 2011, 09:04 PM |#507  
Flag Ankara

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by holy****1

I want to clock gpu to 400 mhz and i have question again , wich is stable voltage for that clock? It is only for one benchmark.

use 1200. it will not burn your device
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gokhanmoral For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gokhanmoral Ad-Free
23rd September 2011, 09:09 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
And another question again Can you share any ready to flash script where i can change only values for charging speed and will it work if i chage my phone from my computer with original USB cabel or Nokia micro usb cabel? Thanks for all you are the best!!!
23rd September 2011, 09:15 PM |#509  
Recognized Themer

Donate to Me
More
Sorry to be the partypooper, but I just had a wakeup-lock with the beta1 version. Will have to flash beta2 and then keep an eye on that, but I think this will have to wait till tomorrow.

Oh and also: maybe you could re-activate /proc/kmsg as long as we are working with betas so we can take some logs to check for issues?

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy****1

And another question again Can you share any ready to flash script where i can change only values for charging speed and will it work if i chage my phone from my computer with original USB cabel or Nokia micro usb cabel? Thanks for all you are the best!!!

Quote:

I don't use it, so I don't have it in/as a script but have you seen one, you have seen them all ^^ Just save the following text in the code block as a file (no file extension!, for example 95chargingvalues) and copy it to /etc/init.d/. Then change permissions so it's executable (via shell this is done by "chmod 777 95chargingvalues"), most root-fileexplorer can do this via long press on the file I think.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

#customize voltages to your values
echo "1000 1000 450" > sys/devices/virtual/misc/charge_current/charge_current

Quoting myself here. Since you have to edit the file anyway there is not that much use for a prepacked zip IMHO...
23rd September 2011, 09:19 PM |#510  
Flag Ankara

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry to be the partypooper, but I just had a wakeup-lock with the beta1 version. Will have to flash beta2 and then keep an eye on that, but I think this will have to wait till tomorrow.

Oh and also: maybe you could re-activate /proc/kmsg as long as we are working with betas so we can take some logs to check for issues?

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Quoting myself here. Since you have to edit the file anyway there is not that much use for a prepacked zip IMHO...

that is very bad news... what was your UV values?
23rd September 2011, 09:22 PM |#511  
Flag Jönköping
Thanks Meter: 40

More
This Kernel was made to be batteryfriendly as prio 1 right ? so much bable about test scores and stuff here, or am i mistaken ?

Anyways i now installed beta 2 to Touch-Xpower+ would love if you could do the same optimization to that one as the one bundled with the rom, felt great to have a custom made kernel for the rom.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
1.magicconfig+siyah kernel= godlike!, aio app generic configuration interface, best of the best, gokhanmoral, kernel, kernel ota, samsung galaxy sii, siyah, siyahkernel
Previous Thread Next Thread