11th September 2011, 11:22 AM |#1001  
Flag Alba
Thanks Meter: 257

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynar010

2. There is.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Yep but if you disabe it then it asks you to apply the settings on each boot...

12th September 2011, 10:57 AM |#1002  
Flag Trondheim
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevy73

Not supported with Speedmod's kernel.

Quoting an old post here, but do you know if this is right for both overclocking, and undervolting, or just overclocking?

SetCPU works with Speedmod, but just for undervolting, not overclocking
19th September 2011, 03:13 AM |#1003  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 843

More
Tegrak:

I have a feature request: Anyway we can do app specific profiles? For instance, for the games that really heat up the CPU and drain battery quick, I like to scale only to 1000 MHz or so. It would be great if Tegrak OC Ultimate could assign profiles to each app so that when the app is launched, the app would automatically set a (lowered/throttled) profile, and once the app closes, the default OC profile is reset.

Chainfire3D PRO allows for app specific driver settings, so I'm thinking this has to be possible with your OC app as well.

Many thanks!
19th September 2011, 03:30 AM |#1004  
Flag TriState
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd512

Tegrak:

I have a feature request: Anyway we can do app specific profiles? For instance, for the games that really heat up the CPU and drain battery quick, I like to scale only to 1000 MHz or so. It would be great if Tegrak OC Ultimate could assign profiles to each app so that when the app is launched, the app would automatically set a (lowered/throttled) profile, and once the app closes, the default OC profile is reset.

Chainfire3D PRO allows for app specific driver settings, so I'm thinking this has to be possible with your OC app as well.

Many thanks!

Great idea, I was thinking the same this weekend. It would also be nice scale based on condition similar to SetCPU. Using the SetCPU you can say to scale the CPU back if temp is greater than 40 degree Celcius. Or set a profile when using the phone that min and max are 200 - 500 mhz. These features would be great to add to this application.
19th September 2011, 05:12 AM |#1005  
Flag Shanghai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpsi2000

Great idea, I was thinking the same this weekend. It would also be nice scale based on condition similar to SetCPU. Using the SetCPU you can say to scale the CPU back if temp is greater than 40 degree Celcius. Or set a profile when using the phone that min and max are 200 - 500 mhz. These features would be great to add to this application.

Yep, that would be great as a later add-on, but for now, app driven profile settings would be a great first step. I'm currently manually stepping down for the games that cause "excessive heat," would like that to be more automated.
19th September 2011, 08:38 PM |#1006  
London
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpsi2000

Tegrak had said he doesn't like profiles. Also per app doesn't mean so much on a multi taking environment

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
19th September 2011, 09:23 PM |#1007  
Flag Shanghai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticc

Tegrak had said he doesn't like profiles. Also per app doesn't mean so much on a multi taking environment

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

You're clearly not understanding this request. Please try and understand what I'm asking for before responding:

1) Throttled/lower frequency makes a HUGE difference. In some games that overheat the SGS2 (especially at a OC'd max frequency), if I cap the highest frequency to only 800 MHz or 1000 Mhz, there is a huge reduction in heat output with no difference in performance. So your "multi tasking" bit is irrelevant.

2) Tegrak Ultimate already has profiles... just right now, you have to manually select them. I just want to see if Tegrak can assign them to only trigger per app like Chainfire3D Pro. So your "Tegrak doesn't like profiles" bit, also irrelevant.
20th September 2011, 01:43 AM |#1008  
Flag TriState
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:

Yep, that would be great as a later add-on, but for now, app driven profile settings would be a great first step. I'm currently manually stepping down for the games that cause "excessive heat," would like that to be more automated.

In my case I will take either and both
21st September 2011, 09:20 AM |#1009  
London
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:

You're clearly not understanding this request. Please try and understand what I'm asking for before responding:

1) Throttled/lower frequency makes a HUGE difference. In some games that overheat the SGS2 (especially at a OC'd max frequency), if I cap the highest frequency to only 800 MHz or 1000 Mhz, there is a huge reduction in heat output with no difference in performance. So your "multi tasking" bit is irrelevant.

2) Tegrak Ultimate already has profiles... just right now, you have to manually select them. I just want to see if Tegrak can assign them to only trigger per app like Chainfire3D Pro. So your "Tegrak doesn't like profiles" bit, also irrelevant.

cf3d is different because it redirects specific open gl calls per app. Cpu is different.

E.g lets imagine this function is working. i have feedr, text messaging, weather and facebook running in background to riptide in foreground. Which profile should tegrak use? I'd say riptide profile. Then i close riptide, what then? Default profile. The issue then is that tegrak will need to monitor for active apps at any time to detect which apps are running and prioritise the profile and he said he didnt want active cpu throttling to do that. If you can grab a moment and read back it is there somewhere.

You can always setup and pick your own profiles. Maybe a widget to set them manually is a better idea.

Regards
Chris

P.s. Less rude next time please
21st September 2011, 09:45 PM |#1010  
Flag Shanghai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticc

cf3d is different because it redirects specific open gl calls per app. Cpu is different.

E.g lets imagine this function is working. i have feedr, text messaging, weather and facebook running in background to riptide in foreground. Which profile should tegrak use? I'd say riptide profile. Then i close riptide, what then? Default profile. The issue then is that tegrak will need to monitor for active apps at any time to detect which apps are running and prioritise the profile and he said he didnt want active cpu throttling to do that. If you can grab a moment and read back it is there somewhere.

You can always setup and pick your own profiles. Maybe a widget to set them manually is a better idea.

Regards
Chris

P.s. Less rude next time please

I'm not being rude, you're just being argumentative for the sake of argument. You're still not getting it: I already throttle the ENTIRE SYSTEM when I play a game that gets really hot (ie, Riptide)... the process is just manual. So, this doesn't need to be tied to the app as it is running real time, I just need it to throttle the entire system and revert to default OC upon open/close of a specific app. Yes, event based. This is not hard to do... in fact, if I had the source, I could probably do this rather easily.

Anyway, doesn't matter. I bought Tegrak Ultimate, I've asked for a feature add, and I'll wait for Tegrak's response.
29th September 2011, 04:37 PM |#1011  
Flag Bekasi
Thanks Meter: 9

More
my device is not available

model number : GT - I9100
Android version : GINGERBREAD_MR1 2.3.5 (SDK 10)
Kernel version : 2.6.35.13
Firmware version : XXKI3

thank you for assistant
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy sii, overclock, undervolt

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)