Post Reply Email Thread
20th June 2011, 11:49 AM |#501  
Flag Reggio Emilia
Thanks Meter: 260

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegrak

OFF THE TOPIC
Guys, I've just been to the dentist, I was scared by horrible sound of his tools!
Be careful not to decay your teeth
Sorry for this noise ~

Ghghghgh over almost 40 year through almost all kind of drugs, alcohol, a dissolute life and never cared bout my health it's still one of my greatest fear too... sometimes I think it's barely enough I can still remember how to talk/write English with the damaged brain I have

LOL Post should be retitled: the naked truth about nightranger73 :P

Sent from my Galaxy SII

If you find this post usefull please press the "Thanks" button

20th June 2011, 11:50 AM |#502  
Flag Amaliada
Thanks Meter: 617

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegrak

OFF THE TOPIC
Guys, I've just been to the dentist, I was scared by horrible sound of his tools!
Be careful not to decay your teeth
Sorry for this noise ~

I feel ya...
Anyway,would it be better(objectively,not more convenient) if say Designgears makes his kernel compatible?Is that even possible?
20th June 2011, 11:56 AM |#503  
Flag Reggio Emilia
Thanks Meter: 260

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolis626

I feel ya...
Anyway,would it be better(objectively,not more convenient) if say Designgears makes his kernel compatible?Is that even possible?

Most likely he can adapt kernel to Xan's settings so you can use voltage control or pimp my cpu. AFAIK is a problem related to kernel rebuilt from source (cfroot and tegrak aren't) but I can't understand if it's due to Samsung missing something in released sources or wathever

Sent from my Galaxy SII

20th June 2011, 01:53 PM |#504  
Flag Amaliada

More
Tegrak,designgears pointed me to something in your op that I hadn't noticed.Is the problem rather with the source code?I mean,is that what your app isn't compatible with?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
20th June 2011, 04:09 PM |#505  
Flag Amaliada

More
Delete please,wrong thread,I'm sorry!
20th June 2011, 06:06 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Lightbulb
Hello,

Dear Tegrak,

First of all you have an excellent application! I love it and i love the latest updates!

Please find my wish list maybe someone else allready mentiont this, sorry for that

1) If possible, LCD, LEDS, WIFI, etc to have the possibility to UV
2) Profiles
3) Smart profiles

Small explanation of this part:

Let’s say we have 5 smart profiles: GAMING, INTERNET, IDLE, SAFE, MULTIMEDIA

Would be cool if u can assign a list of applications for each smart profile by priority:

Lets say i start up the "machine" enters en default mode smart profile "idle" were everything is UV, minimum speed, etc, IF i start a game which earlier i assigned into "gaming" profile were everything is pimped up for performance, your software seeing this variable automatic to switch the profile from "idle" to "gaming", if i play the game more then 3hours and by chance that CPU gets to hot, with the given priority should go automatic into "safe" smart profile.... and so on for all the other custom variable assigned for each smart profile!

Like this i think your software will handle everything by how the user wants his "machine" to run for every kind of activity!

What you think?

Regards
20th June 2011, 11:27 PM |#507  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 356

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightranger73

Ghghghgh over almost 40 year through almost all kind of drugs, alcohol, a dissolute life and never cared bout my health it's still one of my greatest fear too... sometimes I think it's barely enough I can still remember how to talk/write English with the damaged brain I have

LOL Post should be retitled: the naked truth about nightranger73 :P

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Iron man??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nongrata23

2) Profiles
3) Smart profiles

Good features. here is my answer.

1) not planned.
I think it makes people feel harder to use this app. see the name of this app - "overclock"

2) planned.

3) impossible and never.
An Android app can't recognize the type of running apps.
And I completely exclude all monitoring things except "stability watcher" to avoid eating cpu resource
Example. Monitoring battery level
1. An app registers itself to Android main process "please let me know when battery level changed!"
2. After battery level chagned, Android main process broadcasts a "battery changed" message to all registered apps.
3. so the app's code always runs at that moment even it doesn't do anything.
In conclusion, too many monitoring apps >>> battery-drain
this is far away from the topic, there are too many apps that overuse this mechanism. I don't wanna be one of them.
BOOT message is everything that I have to register now.
21st June 2011, 12:51 AM |#508  
Derby
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nongrata23

Hello,

Dear Tegrak,

First of all you have an excellent application! I love it and i love the latest updates!

Please find my wish list maybe someone else allready mentiont this, sorry for that

2) Profiles
3) Smart profiles

Small explanation of this part:

Let’s say we have 5 smart profiles: GAMING, INTERNET, IDLE, SAFE, MULTIMEDIA

Would be cool if u can assign a list of applications for each smart profile by priority:

Lets say i start up the "machine" enters en default mode smart profile "idle" were everything is UV, minimum speed, etc, IF i start a game which earlier i assigned into "gaming" profile were everything is pimped up for performance, your software seeing this variable automatic to switch the profile from "idle" to "gaming", if i play the game more then 3hours and by chance that CPU gets to hot, with the given priority should go automatic into "safe" smart profile.... and so on for all the other custom variable assigned for each smart profile!

Like this i think your software will handle everything by how the user wants his "machine" to run for every kind of activity!

What you think?

Regards

With regards to your request for smart profiles you can pretty much achieve all of this with Tasker. In my current set up I use Tegrak to undervolt but allow Tasker to control what frequencies are in use with a set of profiles for various occasions. I have Screen On, Screen Off, Gaming, and Benchmarking (although obviously you could configure whatever you'd like) and a list of apps or events for each profile that trigger the change in CPU configuration. If it'd be of any use to you I'm always happy to share how to set the profiles up or just post the files so that you can import them.

Assuming you have Tasker that is...
The Following User Says Thank You to neilix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neilix Ad-Free
21st June 2011, 04:48 AM |#509  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hi Tegrak! Bought your app thanks it's great.
I'm from Australia and have a GT-I9100T version of the phone. This wasn't in the supported list so i flashed my phone with a supported phone+pda.
It works ok, just wondering if i could do damage though? As the hardware isn't officially supported. Do you know if theres a difference in the T version of the sgs2?
21st June 2011, 09:58 AM |#510  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 356

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsw2

Hi Tegrak! Bought your app thanks it's great.
I'm from Australia and have a GT-I9100T version of the phone. This wasn't in the supported list so i flashed my phone with a supported phone+pda.
It works ok, just wondering if i could do damage though? As the hardware isn't officially supported. Do you know if theres a difference in the T version of the sgs2?

Yeah, no problem. I have one thing to add I9100T in available models.
could you tell me "Model number" in the app when you use your stock rom?
21st June 2011, 11:00 AM |#511  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 280

Donate to Me
More
Can you please try and add support for custom kernels built from sources. I am using Cognition and I hate not being able to use this app on the latest build of his kernel.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy sii, overclock, undervolt

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)