* Your warranty is now void. * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
More information about IsoRec can be found in the [MOD] IsoRec: Isolated Recovery for the Galaxy S2 Family thread, courtesy of Lanchon.
(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
Q: Whenever I try flashing any ROM, I get a Fail to map file error.
A: This error appears whenever you try to flash a rom zip file without first flashing the boot.img file from the rom zip file before attempting to flash the rom itself (see instructions below).
Q: How do I flash anything if TWRP displays an error that it cannot mount any partition?
A: This error appears after re-PITing your phone's internal storage but without re-formatting the partitions:
1. In the main menu, tap "Wipe" then "Advanced Wipe".
2. Perform the following steps for each of these partitions individually one by one: System, Internal Storage, Data:
a) Tap "Repair or Change File System".
b) Tap "ext4".
c) Move the slider to the right to format.
3. Follow the flashing instructions below.
- Glass Echidna
Bootloader and modem
TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S II (International)
1. Flash an IsoRec recovery and kernel, which can be found here.
2. Extract the boot.img file (kernel) from the zip file of the ROM you wish to flash.
3. Copy both the boot.img file and the latest official TWRP onto your phone or SD card.
3. Boot into the IsoRec TWRP, regardless of which version it is.
4. In the main menu, tap on "Install" then "Install Image".
5. Flash the boot.img file by selecting the "Boot" radio button.
6. Flash the latest official TWRP by selecting the "Recovery" radio button.
7. Reboot into Recovery. You should now be on the latest official TWRP.
8. Proceed with flashing the ROM and GApps package, either clean or dirty.
- See post #2.
- You tell me!
- arnab, Lanchon, the.gangster, rINanDO, and every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the TWRP community in the development of and in providing feedback for the i9100.
- i9100 repository
- TWRP repository
TWRP 3.3.1-0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Current Stable Version: 3.3.1-0
Stable Release Date: 2019-05-22
Last Updated 2019-05-23