FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.2.1-0 [I9100]

1,926 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,177

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from ripee: Official build is here!
https://img.xda-cdn.com/o_TqTetKlqCCLrVp5saYnMW-Xlw=/https%3A%2F%2Fwww1-lw.xda-cdn.com%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F12%2Fteamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
NOTE: The i9100 does not support a separately bootable recovery partition. To install and use TWRP, you will need to install a custom kernel or boot image that supports IsoRec. You can find out more about IsoRec here.

Heimdall
- Glass Echidna

TWRP
- TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S II (International)

Bootloader and modem
- I9100UHMSA_I9100XXMS2.tar

How to flash TWRP within a previous version of TWRP

1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Recovery" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all 3 buttons when the boot screen appears ("Samsung Galaxy S II").
2. In TWRP, tap "Install" then "Install Image".
3. Navigate in the folder structure to the location of the appropriate twrp.img file for your variant and tap it.
4. Select the "Recovery" radio button.
5. Move the slider to the right to flash the TWRP image.
6. Tap "Reboot System" or, alternatively, tap the back arrow 3 times to return to the main menu, then tap "Reboot" and "Recovery" to reboot into the TWRP image you have just flashed.

Changelog
- See post #2.

Bugs
- You tell me!

Credits
- arnab, bigbiff,Lanchon, rINanDO, and every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the TWRP community in the development of and in providing feedback for i9100.

Sources
- arnab
- Lanchon
- rINanDO
- i9100 repository
- TWRP repository

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 3.2.1-0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
ripee
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.2.1-0
Stable Release Date: 2018-06-19

Created 2018-01-25
Last Updated 2018-06-19
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ripee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ripee Ad-Free

25th January 2018, 06:49 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
CHANGELOG

3.2.1-1
* MTP and ADB work
* Restored compatibility with SD cards formatted in FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS

3.2.1-2
* Fixed proper internal storage mounting in MTP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ripee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ripee Ad-Free
25th January 2018, 06:49 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
26th January 2018, 11:12 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Tried to install latest RR 20171229 and got failed to map file "sdcard0/RR-II-v5.8.5-20171229-I9100-Final.zip". And I have 2 internal storage showing in this twrp. Any explanation?
26th January 2018, 05:04 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by al5911

Tried to install latest RR 20171229 and got failed to map file "sdcard0/RR-II-v5.8.5-20171229-I9100-Final.zip". And I have 2 internal storage showing in this twrp. Any explanation?

I may have overlooked a few permissions entries related to the partitions. Are both of those 2 internal storages labelled as sdcard0 or sdcard1 by any chance? Did you try flashing RR from an SD card or internal memory?

I will run another build in the next couple of hours and let you know when it's available.

In the meantime, on an unrelated matter, please consider flashing the latest bootloader and modem in my BL_CP folder. I know, both the BL and CP are relatively old even for this old phone, but I mixed and matched the most recent ones and put them in a single .tar file.

Edit: Updated files are up. I'd also suggest you re-flash the latest IsoRec-TWRP then this updated 3.2.1-0 version.
The Following User Says Thank You to ripee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ripee Ad-Free
28th January 2018, 12:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Nand write failed when trying to update bootloader and modem - I9100UHMSA_I9100XXMS2.tar with odin. I put the tar file in CP. Even tried putting the file in AP...sorry I'm just the end user here
28th January 2018, 04:20 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by al5911

Nand write failed when trying to update bootloader and modem - I9100UHMSA_I9100XXMS2.tar with odin. I put the tar file in CP. Even tried putting the file in AP...sorry I'm just the end user here

It's my mistake to have linked the latest version of Odin in the OP The S2 is an old enough device that only older versions such as 3.07 are able to successfully flash anything. I've updated the link in the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to ripee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ripee Ad-Free
29th January 2018, 02:59 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Since there has been no other feedback, does that mean the build under the link in the OP works?
29th January 2018, 10:48 PM |#9  
Flag Salvador, BA
Thanks Meter: 348

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripee

Since there has been no other feedback, does that mean the build under the link in the OP works?

I'm going to test android oreo with this version and give feedback in a few hours
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linusdan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linusdan Ad-Free
30th January 2018, 09:45 PM |#10  
Flag Salvador, BA
Thanks Meter: 348

More
@ripee, I tried installing on the two methods explained, but it did not work. Would you like to create the zip image for installation or tar with zImage?
30th January 2018, 10:03 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linusdan

@ripee, I tried installing on the two methods explained, but it did not work. Would you like to create the zip image for installation or tar with zImage?

I added the flashable zip to the OP. If this doesn't help, I'll try building with zImage.

Edit: Actually, I think I know the cause I just have to build the kernel with CONFIG_RD_LZMA=y, as described here.

I'll let you know when the new build is available, I'll upload an img, tar, and zip.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)