5th April 2012, 03:44 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeco7

Try this:

1) Be sure, your phone is rooted properly
2) Download Root Explorer if you don't have it installed
3)Go to /system/app/ and delete the Vending.apk (Phonesky.apk for ICS 4.x.x) (leave the Vending.odex untouched!). Make sure you have an backup your old Vending.apk (Phonesky.apk for ICS 4.x.x) to your SDCard as well.
4) Install the downloaded Vending.apk (rename it to Phonesky.apk if you have ICS 4.x.x)
5) Reboot your phone
6) Start Play Store and grant the access. You'll be asked to do so
7) Enjoy!

There is no more vending.apk in my /system/app/ after I deleted it the first round.

Edit: there is a com.android.vending-2.apk in my /data/app/ though. Not too sure why it's there, but I reinstalled the original .16 backup I had.

5th April 2012, 05:56 PM |#22  
Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have install a Vending-3.5.16-mod.apk, and it works, but i dont see the Mod version features. Im on CM9. Everything is like it was on the previous version.
5th April 2012, 05:59 PM |#23  
Flag Langley, BC
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeco7

Try this:

1) Be sure, your phone is rooted properly
2) Download Root Explorer if you don't have it installed
3)Go to /system/app/ and delete the Vending.apk (Phonesky.apk for ICS 4.x.x) (leave the Vending.odex untouched!). Make sure you have an backup your old Vending.apk (Phonesky.apk for ICS 4.x.x) to your SDCard as well.
4) Install the downloaded Vending.apk (rename it to Phonesky.apk if you have ICS 4.x.x)
5) Reboot your phone
6) Start Play Store and grant the access. You'll be asked to do so
7) Enjoy!

I tried a slightly different approach that worked for me. I moved the Vending.apk to a temp folder using Root Explorer. Tried to install new apk file and it failed. Rebooted device and tried the reinstall. Worked perfect.

EDIT: Worked until I tried to update an app. FC on me so ended up going back to previous version via rom backup :-\
5th April 2012, 06:01 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmic

I have install a Vending-3.5.16-mod.apk, and it works, but i dont see the Mod version features. Im on CM9. Everything is like it was on the previous version.

me too...
5th April 2012, 11:42 PM |#25  
Flag Carlsbad, NM
Thanks Meter: 62

More
I can't get rid of the vending.apk that's in my system/app folder (rooted G-note) so I can install the new mod version. I want the mod version because my international G-note won't recognize some apps, like omnisketch, that the ATT G-note can get. When I try to install the new mod app, it says "application not installed." So I tried getting rid of the old vending.apk but unable. I tried moving it to another folder... won't move, tried deleting it, won't delete, tried renaming it, won't rename. It's really locked in that folder. Can't find it in Titanium to freeze it or delete it. Can't find it when I connect via USB to computer to try dragging it to trash. Anybody got any suggestions?
6th April 2012, 01:52 AM |#26  
Flag spain
Thanks Meter: 50

More
I installed the mod version and i get this screen (This item is not available in your country).

Sent from my GT-I9100 powered by foil
6th April 2012, 02:12 AM |#27  
Flag Carlsbad, NM
Thanks Meter: 62

More
glad I wasn't able to install it... it's in the wrong language. I did find Omnisketch on a Taiwan site and it installs and runs fine on my G-note, but won't find it in the playstore on the phone, but does on the computer and says it's incompatible with all my devices. But at least I have it now.
6th April 2012, 02:23 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm on CM9 ICS for Samsung Epic 4g, the keyboard one.

followed instructions, installed market, but it doesnt seem to be modded.
any fix? thanks in advance
6th April 2012, 02:49 AM |#29  
Flag Würzburg
Thanks Meter: 11

More
install work fine but there is still no modded function ...? every time i try to install its ask me to paid...
6th April 2012, 05:44 AM |#30  

More
reinstalled a fresh CM9 (latest nightly).. wasn't able to install it properly, saying cannot be installed because of different signature and stuff.. so i uninstalled my market and installed this..

and i cant update because it FCs and when i try to download it just says error occured i cant even go to the app download page..
6th April 2012, 08:01 AM |#31  

More
Thumbs up
thanks
work fine with I9100XXLPQ (I9100ZSLPE)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3.5.16, android, google, play, store

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)