FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] App like NoLED that works on SGS2?

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Mused, Junior Member on 28th June 2011, 02:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

Been trying to find something that will work like NoLED for the SGS2. I have issues with NoLED in that in combination with Handcent sms and the popup notification, it gets its self in all sorts of messes (loops etc).

I've seen there is a BLN mod for SGS1 which allows the buttons to act as notification lights (e.g. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=813389) however there's nothing that I can find that works for SGS2.

Anyone found a solution?

28th June 2011, 02:50 AM |#2  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 86

Donate to Me
More
BLN is supposed to be very close to being released for our SGS2.
28th June 2011, 08:51 AM |#3  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 43

More
i'm using NoLed since the first day i bought the phone and there's no issue.
28th June 2011, 10:01 AM |#4  
Flag Katwijk
Thanks Meter: 4

More
+1 for this thread

Coming from a Desire, Im really missing my LED notifications... So any alternative is highly appreciated.

Can't use NoLED because I'm using WidgetLocker and therefore I disabled the stock lockscreen (which I truly HATE!)
28th June 2011, 10:04 AM |#5  
Flag Halmstad
Thanks Meter: 540

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

i'm using NoLed since the first day i bought the phone and there's no issue.

Compability issues appears if you run widgetlocker, handcent etc. Noled also disables the functions of the sliders that appear on stock lockscreen. You know the one you get an SMS and a slider appears that takes you direct to the message. Function is broken with noled

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
28th June 2011, 10:31 AM |#6  
Flag Sutton
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I'm running Go SMS, WidgetLocker and NoLED and haven't come across any issues yet...
28th June 2011, 11:12 AM |#7  
Flag Sarpsborg
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Can apps like this cause a burn in? And wont the continuous screen-on weaken the colors over time?
28th June 2011, 11:15 AM |#8  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,760

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowlance

Can apps like this cause a burn in? And wont the continuous screen-on weaken the colors over time?

Answer, yes it could cause burn in, I don't think colours will be damaged though.

The biggest issue here will be battery drain. Using an app like this users processor power and screen power at a time the phone would normally be sleeping.
28th June 2011, 12:46 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 666

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by norpan111

Compability issues appears if you run widgetlocker, handcent etc. Noled also disables the functions of the sliders that appear on stock lockscreen. You know the one you get an SMS and a slider appears that takes you direct to the message. Function is broken with noled

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Function is broken? Not for me, works with the messages slider without any problems. Also, since I started using Handcent I have had no problem with noled either, noled works everytime I get a message, email etc. Strange how it works no problem for some but others have nothing but problems. :(
28th June 2011, 01:08 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
use application BubbleBuzz from Android market
28th June 2011, 01:24 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I got a problem with Noled in that if I use "other icons" for calls (Phone), the phone flashes and show who is ringing but immediately after that, the screen off the display in split second and only shows the green phone icon moving randomly(which signifies a missed call) even though the call is still ringing

Not sure if its explained clearly enough though.

Did I set it wrong?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)