FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][GUIDE][JB 4.1.2] AOSP Style Status Bar on Samsung ROMs

4,154 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,079

By davidwilson83, Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Themer on 1st June 2013, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd June 2013, 12:20 PM |#11  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 1,263

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyannihilation

Hey Tired Storeman,

That looks great! Top work mate. Glad the tutorial was useful for you. To get the settings button where it is in your screenshot, did you put that particular line before the clock reference lines to achieve your desire effect?

Sent from my AOSP Blue SGSII

To be honest i didnt try putting it before the clock, i didnt think that would work, because i centered the clock
i used android
layout_marginLeft="-108.0dip"
after
android:layout_height="48.0dip"
if you find a better way of doing it, could you let me know, for future references
6th June 2013, 06:25 PM |#12  
London
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Any way of removing the settings button? I tried deleting that line and went into a bootloop. Maybe I need to edit some other part of the apk..
6th June 2013, 06:38 PM |#13  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 16,078

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcly

Any way of removing the settings button? I tried deleting that line and went into a bootloop. Maybe I need to edit some other part of the apk..

Removing the @id/settings_button lines should do this.

Delete from the original code:
Code:
    <RelativeLayout android:id="@id/settings_button" android:background="@drawable/tw_quick_panel_setting_button_bg" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="visible" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_expanded_setting_width" android:layout_height="39.0dip">
        <ImageView android:id="@id/settings_button_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/tw_quickpanel_icon_settings" android:scaleType="center" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true" android:layout_centerVertical="true" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_settings_button" />
    </RelativeLayout>
Or maybe just change android:visibility="visible" to android:visibility="gone"

Or delete from the modified code:
Code:
<ImageView android:id="@id/settings_button" android:layout_width="48.0dip" android:layout_height="48.0dip" android:src="@drawable/ic_notify_quicksettings" android:scaleType="center" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_settings_button" />
Your bootloop could due to a bad recompile of SystemUI.apk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spannaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spannaa Ad-Free
7th June 2013, 01:38 PM |#14  
London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannaa

Removing the @id/settings_button lines should do this.

Delete from the original code:

Code:
    <RelativeLayout android:id="@id/settings_button" android:background="@drawable/tw_quick_panel_setting_button_bg" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="visible" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_expanded_setting_width" android:layout_height="39.0dip">
        <ImageView android:id="@id/settings_button_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/tw_quickpanel_icon_settings" android:scaleType="center" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true" android:layout_centerVertical="true" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_settings_button" />
    </RelativeLayout>
Or maybe just change android:visibility="visible" to android:visibility="gone"

Or delete from the modified code:
Code:
<ImageView android:id="@id/settings_button" android:layout_width="48.0dip" android:layout_height="48.0dip" android:src="@drawable/ic_notify_quicksettings" android:scaleType="center" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_settings_button" />
Your bootloop could due to a bad recompile of SystemUI.apk

Thanks for the reply. Tried the last option you gave me because I do want the AOSP style, just not the settings button there as well. Still giving me a bootloop. I don't think it's a bad recompile as I tried it a multiple times with the same result.

Tried changing the width and height to wrap_content, as that seem to make it flexible, got through to Android is upgrading part but bootloop after that.. T_T
I'm probably naive but I don't see how deleting that one line, which seems sensible enough, causes a bootloop.. Probably will have to stick with settings button until I figure out a way.. unless you might have some other ideas?
7th June 2013, 01:57 PM |#15  
Flag Cardiff

More
Quote:

Thanks for the reply. Tried the last option you gave me because I do want the AOSP style, just not the settings button there as well. Still giving me a bootloop. I don't think it's a bad recompile as I tried it a multiple times with the same result.

Tried changing the width and height to wrap_content, as that seem to make it flexible, got through to Android is upgrading part but bootloop after that.. T_T
I'm probably naive but I don't see how deleting that one line, which seems sensible enough, causes a bootloop.. Probably will have to stick with settings button until I figure out a way.. unless you might have some other ideas?

Does it work if you don't delete the line?

Just a thought: When you decompiled SystemUI.apk, did you install the two frameworks first (framework-res.apk & twframework-res.apk)?
The Following User Says Thank You to Spannaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spannaa Ad-Free
7th June 2013, 02:01 PM |#16  
London

More
Quote:

Does it work if you don't delete the line?

Just a thought: When you decompiled SystemUI.apk, did you install the two frameworks first (framework-res.apk & twframework-res.apk)?

Yup following the guide as it is works fine. Just starts bootlooping if I delete the line..

Do you mean "apktool if frameworks"? Then I haven't done so.. worked fine without it so far so didn't really give it a thought. I'll try it out when I get home (if that is what you meant)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
7th June 2013, 02:14 PM |#17  
Flag Cardiff

More
Quote:

Yup following the guide as it is works fine. Just starts bootlooping if I delete the line..

Do you mean "apktool if frameworks"? Then I haven't done so.. worked fine without it so far so didn't really give it a thought. I'll try it out when I get home (if that is what you meant)

Yes, "if" the two frameworks when you decompile SystemUI.apk and don't delete them before you recompile.

Another thought: Instead of deleting the line, try adding: android:visibility="gone" to it instead - it maybe that the missing id for the settings_button is causing an issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spannaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spannaa Ad-Free
7th June 2013, 03:59 PM |#18  
London

More
Quote:

Yes, "if" the two frameworks when you decompile SystemUI.apk and don't delete them before you recompile.

Another thought: Instead of deleting the line, try adding: android:visibility="gone" to it instead - it maybe that the missing id for the settings_button is causing an issue.

Ah cool. Will try that and let you know

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Quote:

The visibility thing worked like a charm. Thanks a lot for your help
11th June 2013, 04:46 PM |#19  
Spain
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hi all;

I'm trying to do something and I've seen this thread.

I've replaced the alarm clock icon by this one (the little thin line at left of wifi icon)

Ok, what I want is to have this icon beside the clock, like this:

How can I get this? I've tried changing many things in SystemUI's xml but I'm unable to get it...

Can anybody give me a hand? Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-11-16-41-55 - copia.jpg
Views:	1885
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	2034720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-11-16-41-55.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	2034721  
12th June 2013, 02:22 AM |#20  
Spain
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevaadarelsol

Hi all;

I'm trying to do something and I've seen this thread.

I've replaced the alarm clock icon by this one (the little thin line at left of wifi icon)

Ok, what I want is to have this icon beside the clock, like this:

How can I get this? I've tried changing many things in SystemUI's xml but I'm unable to get it...

Can anybody give me a hand? Thanks in advance!

Bump!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2
12th June 2013, 05:39 PM |#21  
Flag Cardiff

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevaadarelsol

Bump!

No need for the Bump

I'm pretty sure that the alarm icon is one of the statusIcons (android:id="@id/statusIcons") along with Bluetooth etc.

They're positioned as a group in SystemUI.apk/res/layout/tw_status_bar.xml

You could try moving the LinearLayout line containing them all in the xml and then change it's android:gravity

Not sure how to separate them though - probably smaili
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spannaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spannaa Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, clear all button, guide, mod, samsung jb 4.1.2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)