FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][GUIDE][JB 4.1.2] AOSP Style Status Bar on Samsung ROMs

4,154 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,078

By davidwilson83, Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Themer on 1st June 2013, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2013, 05:39 PM |#21  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 16,078

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevaadarelsol

Bump!

No need for the Bump

I'm pretty sure that the alarm icon is one of the statusIcons (android:id="@id/statusIcons") along with Bluetooth etc.

They're positioned as a group in SystemUI.apk/res/layout/tw_status_bar.xml

You could try moving the LinearLayout line containing them all in the xml and then change it's android:gravity

Not sure how to separate them though - probably smaili
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spannaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spannaa Ad-Free
12th June 2013, 09:20 PM |#22  
Spain
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannaa

No need for the Bump

I'm pretty sure that the alarm icon is one of the statusIcons (android:id="@id/statusIcons") along with Bluetooth etc.

They're positioned as a group in SystemUI.apk/res/layout/tw_status_bar.xml

You could try moving the LinearLayout line containing them all in the xml and then change it's android:gravity

Not sure how to separate them though - probably smaili

Sorry for that.

I've playing with the tw_status_bar.xml, changing the position for the alarm imageview trying to put it just after the clock one, but nothing happened.

Now I will try to change the gravity (although I don't know what it exactly does) and let's see if I can get it.

Thank you for your help!
16th June 2013, 03:41 AM |#23  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Themer
Flag Perth

Donate to Me
More
Added AOSP Indicators Guide
G'Day XDA,

I have updated the OP to include a guide to change the Signal & Wifi Indicator icons & layout to mimic AOSP.

I hope you enjoy,

Dave
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to davidwilson83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davidwilson83 Ad-Free
22nd June 2013, 06:17 AM |#24  
Flag Cobán A. V., Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 247

More
The signal indicator icons are the same for wifi, how I can change that?
How I can do to make wifi indicator icons are: stat_sys_wifi_in.png - stat_sys_wifi_inout.png - stat_sys_wifi_out.png, and are not indicators signal icons?

I would appreciate the help, thanks
22nd June 2013, 06:54 AM |#25  
Flag Perth

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholopo

The signal indicator icons are the same for wifi, how I can change that?
How I can do to make wifi indicator icons are: stat_sys_wifi_in.png - stat_sys_wifi_inout.png - stat_sys_wifi_out.png, and are not indicators signal icons?

I would appreciate the help, thanks

Ok let me try to understand what exactly it is that you want... do you want one set of indicators for wifi and a different set of indicators for your data signal?? So you will have different icons?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to davidwilson83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davidwilson83 Ad-Free
22nd June 2013, 07:48 AM |#26  
Flag Cobán A. V., Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 247

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyannihilation

Ok let me try to understand what exactly it is that you want... do you want one set of indicators for wifi and a different set of indicators for your data signal?? So you will have different icons?

Yes, I would like it to be more like AOSP, which has indicator icons for both the signal, as well as for wifi. Therefore, icons wifi and signal indicators are independent...
26th June 2013, 02:18 PM |#27  
London
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholopo

Yes, I would like it to be more like AOSP, which has indicator icons for both the signal, as well as for wifi. Therefore, icons wifi and signal indicators are independent...

You'll have to change the png files in the drawables-xhdpi under res.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
26th June 2013, 03:45 PM |#28  
Flag Perth

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcly

You'll have to change the png files in the drawables-xhdpi under res.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

On the Galaxy SII they're in drawable-hdpi but I don't think just changing the pngs will do what you want to achieve. Maybe try it though? Put a big red dot on the WiFi indicators and a big yellow dot on the mobile data indicators and flash that to see if it works?

I have been looking for a solution to your question for the last few days, but alas I am not a skilled themer like Spannaa, Crussader or Master Vertumus so I don't know how to do that. I'll keep looking but I can't promise you anything. Sorry mate :-/

The Following User Says Thank You to davidwilson83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davidwilson83 Ad-Free
29th June 2013, 04:05 PM |#29  
Flag GPS anyone???
Thanks Meter: 3,249

More
Is it possible to move the toggles to the bottom - so they sit above the drag bar handle when drop down is expanded?
29th June 2013, 05:00 PM |#30  
Flag Perth

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlM34

Is it possible to move the toggles to the bottom - so they sit above the drag bar handle when drop down is expanded?

I'm sure there would be a way. I'm not sure how but I could certainly look into it if you wanted me to? What ROM are you on and do you have any mods like lidroid toggles?

29th June 2013, 05:02 PM |#31  
Flag GPS anyone???
Thanks Meter: 3,249

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyannihilation

I'm sure there would be a way. I'm not sure how but I could certainly look into it if you wanted me to? What ROM are you on and do you have any mods like lidroid toggles?

Cheers mate......I am on Omega v23 4.1.2 yes it has lidroid
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, clear all button, guide, mod, samsung jb 4.1.2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)