[MOD][06/04][v1.3/v2.4/v3.3]Euro & 4G TouchWiz Launcher|Change Home|5 Columns|DPI

Search This thread

petsasj

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Hello there,

This is a modification of the latest TouchWiz4 Launcher made by me. This post is going to be updated whenever a new version of firmware goes out.

I do already know that TouchWiz 4.5 exists by fr4gg0r, which is far more customizable, but I have followed a different interpretation to this. This is not based on work done by fr4gg0r.

DPI Version of the Euro launcher can be found in the 2nd post.
TouchWiz from 4G version can be found in the 3rd post.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTSIONS IN 4TH POST.

Features
  • 5 icon dock
  • 5 column app drawer
  • Smaller fonts in icon dock so they don't get hidden
  • Better spacing of icons in homescreen
  • Better spacing on the badges
  • 5 column on the homescreen (separate version)
  • Resize on all widgets
  • Change default Homescreen (3 versions available)
  • New super easy way to resize widgets via script
    [*]160/192/216 DPI support (V3) - 3rd post

SOON TO COME
  • Application to control features

What are the advantages?
  • Uses the same id key as the original Samsung stock launcher, so all widgets work at once, without having the need to resign with different id
  • As a flash-o-holic, I will be providing this for the latest version of TW4.
  • Different DPI versions available for those who change dpi
  • Layout changes for better productivity and space.
  • 5 column support on the homescreen adds the ability to use more homescreen space, without needing to edit TouchWiz widgets separately that are having trouble resizing

4 Columns, 5 icon dock, 5 app colum appdrawer menu (v1)

68ad6c.png

Download versions 1
V1 download links

5 Columns Homescreen, 5 icon dock, 5 app column appdrawer menu (v2)

2e663jm.png

Information on the 4x5 version
There are a few small issues that cannot get ironed out in this version of the launcher:
  • There is a 5th row as well (due to limitations), avoid using that space as you'll end up placing icons on top of the dock icons.
  • For 4 column widgets use the method described below to resize them into 5 columns
  • The CWM zip contains the PostIt widget, as that was not getting resized correctly due to Samsung's wrong coding.

#NEW#Instructions on how to resize widget to 5 columns:
Code:
1) Add your your widgets to your homescreen.
2) Download Script Manager
3) Open it and navigate to /sdcard/gscript
4) Run launcher.sh [B]AS ROOT[/B]
5) DONE!

Download version 2
V2 Download Links

Credits
fr4gg0r for the inspiration and advice.
pulser_g2 for scripting help.
s2d4 for hosting.

This modification took a LOT of time and effort. Don't just be leechers. Give me credit when it's due. Also, I am trying to build a reputation so the least you can do is use the THANKS button.

-ALL "ROMS" including my mods without proper credits will be reported (rule 12)

Last edited:

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
160/192/216 DPI (v3) - HyperDroid Special

f2ph7r.png
2znqt1k.png

2ec3ynl.png

Information on the DPI versions

As expected with all launchers at a different dpi setting, there are issues resizing widgets. Here's a list of widgets that don't work, or work with specific modification

• Samsung Widgets look funny, you must find the right size for them to work (usually 4 columns)
  • Calendar widget NOT available atm - it's a priority to get this fixed
  • All non-samsung widgets work with the following way

#NEW#Instructions on how to resize widget
Code:
2) Long press and resize to 4 rows/4 columns for the widgets that you like
3) Download Script Manager
4) Open it and navigate to /sdcard/gscript
5) Run launcher*your dpi*.sh [B]AS ROOT[/B]
6) If widgets look funny, long press and resize manually to 4 rows/4 columns
7) Done

Download version 3
v3 Download links

This modification took a LOT of time and effort. Don't just be leechers. Give me credit when it's due. Also, I am trying to build a reputation so the least you can do is use the THANKS button.

Last edited:

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
After many requests, here it is. Epic 4G Touch Launcher with 5 icon dock, 5 column app drawer menu & 5 column homescreen TO BE ADDED.

Screenshots - 4G Launcher
205wnlv.png

Download versions 4G:
2nd release #adds search function by longpress of menu key (version of launcher 2.3.4) - Untested by me -
Links here

Credits
zohawkish for the apk.

Last edited:

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Apologies for the filesonic links, but my server crashed due to high demand.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How to use
  • In the app drawer, hit edit, and add one more icon dock at the bottom of the page.
  • Rearrange your app drawer icons in a 5 column Layout OR use the modified Appzorter app from the fourth post.

Solutions to Force Close problems
Code:
Hit Menu>Applications>Manage Applications>All>TouchWiz Launcher
Force close and clear data

How to use Appzorter
The creator of the application Appzorter has kindly given me permission to modify his app for the Launcher's needs

Appzorter comes with the launcher, if you don't like it simply uninstall it

Code:
1) Hit the Appzorter Icon
2) Select Sort
3) Go into Settings>Menu>All>Touchwiz Launcher>Force Close

The application itself is undergoing a lot of work. He is adding a lot of new features. Please do consider buying his donate version. It's only 0.96 euros on the market, and I'm pretty sure most of you could spare that.

Many many thanks to Demiurgous/demidoes.net for his kind support.

Instructions if things go wrong:
Code:
Extract apk from .zip
adb remount
adb shell
cd /system/app
rm TouchWiz30Launcher.apk 
rm TouchWiz30Launcher.odex
hit Control + C
adb push path to your download\TouchWiz30Launcher.apk /system/app
adb reboot

Landscape mode requests
I am able to make the launcher redraw in landscape mode without losing sign keys. However the icon dock does not stay on the right of the phone, but goes in the bottom. The launcher is not optimized for landscape mode at all. Perhaps i'll be able to get this done in the long run.

NOTE
The European launcher and the 4G Launcher are not hot-swappable. That means that when using the 4G Launcher, you cannot revert back to the European Launcher (or vice verca) by flashing the zip.
You need to WIPE data under Settings>Menu>Manage Applications. Install the other version of the launcher, then wipe data AGAIN.
Failing to do so will cause FC's when trying to add a 5 icon dock.

Changelog for V1
Code:
v1.0 - Initial Release
v1.1 - Resize on all widgets - Choose your Default Home
v1.1.1 - Bugfix when rearranging homescreens
v1.2 - Layout changes
v1.3 - Included modded version of Appzorter - layout fix

Changelog for V2
Code:
v1.5 - 5 column in Homescreen, app drawer, icon dock - soon to be released
v1.6 - Resize on all widgets - Choose your default Home
v2.1 - Bugfix when rearranging homescreens
v2.2 - Script to resize widgets
v2.3 - Layout Changes, fixes issue with the script
v2.4 - Included modded version of Appzorter - layout fix

Changelog for V3
Code:
V3 - first release
V3.2 - Layout fixes, better spacing, new DPI versions
V3.3 - Included modded version of Appzorter - layout fix

Last edited:

Mekrel

Apr 20, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Thanks a lot for this, I was going to do this myself with the TouchWiz launcher from the 4G model posted here a week or so ago.

I did see the XML documents that I needed to edit, but I was waiting to find out how to make the "Applications/Home" button become central in the dock.

Any idea if you can implement that? I'm bored, I'll probably pull the apk and decompile it and have a look tonight.

Good work :) I much prefer this as keeping the signature the same is so much easier without having to re-install widgets. I odex my applications and re-odexing all the widgets again is a pain in the bottom.

Reactions: unnerfranke

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Thanks a lot for this, I was going to do this myself with the TouchWiz launcher from the 4G model posted here a week or so ago.

I did see the XML documents that I needed to edit, but I was waiting to find out how to make the "Applications/Home" button become central in the dock.

Any idea if you can implement that? I'm bored, I'll probably pull the apk and decompile it and have a look tonight.

Good work :) I much prefer this as keeping the signature the same is so much easier without having to re-install widgets. I odex my applications and re-odexing all the widgets again is a pain in the bottom.

I could do that, probably not tonight though, as I'm releasing a rom as well ^_^. However the main disadvantage of not using the Epic 4g TW is that we lose the long press menu as search functionality, which i like.

Testraindrop

Jun 3, 2011
Hey looking good, could you do it for the new Epic 4G launcher also, some say its better...

And I also like the 3D animations in the App drawer of TW 4.5, is it possible to do it with your mod?

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
As you guys see, i've already added Touchwiz 4g on the soon to be list.

Concerning the 3d effect, i'm sorry this is not possible with my mod. And i'd like to keep this as stock as possible.

Reactions: gnan10 and BoneMo

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
great idea. i read on here also that someone will be basing a new 4.5 launcher off of the Epic 4G Touch launcher so there's gonna be lots of options.

so if i'm understanding correctly, this is based off of the Euro i9100 TW launcher?
def a good idea to go with the Epic 4G Touch launcher. if you need any help, feel free to ask ;)

Reactions: petsasj

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
great idea. i read on here also that someone will be basing a new 4.5 launcher off of the Epic 4G Touch launcher so there's gonna be lots of options.

so if i'm understanding correctly, this is based off of the Euro i9100 TW launcher?
def a good idea to go with the Epic 4G Touch launcher. if you need any help, feel free to ask ;)

I'm actually going to do both.'

edit: try to do a quick fix of the 4g TW Launcher and i get an FC. will look at this once my ROM's up.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoneMo

nickporwal

May 6, 2010
Thank you so much for this mod. I just wanted the basic features exactly the one you are providing. Keep it up. Thanks for your hard work.

ilVinz

Apr 24, 2010
Italy
...tks mate...I was really waiting for this because I don't know how to develop it by myself...:eek:...
....but I'm on kh3...it's safe to flash your ki4 cwm version ?

OptimalKiller

Jul 6, 2010
UK
Can I just ask was it just xml edits or did you have to edit the smali code aswell? Trying to learn how to make changes myself. But I can't see where you made the changes.

Xml changes are easy to find but when it comes to smali code it does not make any sence. Can you give me any guidance?

I also compared your version to zohawkish to see what changes was made (I hope you don't mind) but there was loads of changes. Inc smali code. Just wanted to see the differences.

Any tips much appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there,

This is a modification of the latest TouchWiz4 Launcher made by me. This post is going to be updated whenever a new version of firmware goes out.

I do already know that TouchWiz 4.5 exists by fr4gg0r, which is far more customizable, but I have followed a different interpretation to this. This is not based on work done by fr4gg0r.

DPI Version of the Euro launcher can be found in the 2nd post.
    TouchWiz from 4G version can be found in the 3rd post.
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTSIONS IN 4TH POST.

Features
    • 5 icon dock
    • 5 column app drawer
    • Smaller fonts in icon dock so they don't get hidden
    • Better spacing of icons in homescreen
    • Better spacing on the badges
    • 5 column on the homescreen (separate version)
    • Resize on all widgets
    • Change default Homescreen (3 versions available)
    • New super easy way to resize widgets via script
      [*]160/192/216 DPI support (V3) - 3rd post

SOON TO COME
    • Application to control features

What are the advantages?
    • Uses the same id key as the original Samsung stock launcher, so all widgets work at once, without having the need to resign with different id
    • As a flash-o-holic, I will be providing this for the latest version of TW4.
    • Different DPI versions available for those who change dpi
    • Layout changes for better productivity and space.
    • 5 column support on the homescreen adds the ability to use more homescreen space, without needing to edit TouchWiz widgets separately that are having trouble resizing

4 Columns, 5 icon dock, 5 app colum appdrawer menu (v1)

68ad6c.png

Download versions 1
    V1 download links

5 Columns Homescreen, 5 icon dock, 5 app column appdrawer menu (v2)

2e663jm.png

Information on the 4x5 version
    There are a few small issues that cannot get ironed out in this version of the launcher:
    • There is a 5th row as well (due to limitations), avoid using that space as you'll end up placing icons on top of the dock icons.
    • For 4 column widgets use the method described below to resize them into 5 columns
    • The CWM zip contains the PostIt widget, as that was not getting resized correctly due to Samsung's wrong coding.

#NEW#Instructions on how to resize widget to 5 columns:
    Code:
    2) Download Script Manager
    3) Open it and navigate to /sdcard/gscript
    4) Run launcher.sh [B]AS ROOT[/B]
    5) DONE!

Download version 2
    V2 Download Links

Credits
    fr4gg0r for the inspiration and advice.
    pulser_g2 for scripting help.
    s2d4 for hosting.

-ALL "ROMS" including my mods without proper credits will be reported (rule 12)
    160/192/216 DPI (v3) - HyperDroid Special

f2ph7r.png
    2znqt1k.png

2ec3ynl.png

Information on the DPI versions

As expected with all launchers at a different dpi setting, there are issues resizing widgets. Here's a list of widgets that don't work, or work with specific modification

• Samsung Widgets look funny, you must find the right size for them to work (usually 4 columns)
    • Calendar widget NOT available atm - it's a priority to get this fixed
    • All non-samsung widgets work with the following way

#NEW#Instructions on how to resize widget
    Code:
    2) Long press and resize to 4 rows/4 columns for the widgets that you like
    3) Download Script Manager
    4) Open it and navigate to /sdcard/gscript
    5) Run launcher*your dpi*.sh [B]AS ROOT[/B]
    6) If widgets look funny, long press and resize manually to 4 rows/4 columns
    7) Done

Download version 3
    v3 Download links

After many requests, here it is. Epic 4G Touch Launcher with 5 icon dock, 5 column app drawer menu & 5 column homescreen TO BE ADDED.

Screenshots - 4G Launcher
    205wnlv.png

Download versions 4G:
    2nd release #adds search function by longpress of menu key (version of launcher 2.3.4) - Untested by me -
    Links here

Credits
    zohawkish for the apk.

Apologies for the filesonic links, but my server crashed due to high demand.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How to use
    • In the app drawer, hit edit, and add one more icon dock at the bottom of the page.
    • Rearrange your app drawer icons in a 5 column Layout OR use the modified Appzorter app from the fourth post.

Solutions to Force Close problems
    Code:
    Hit Menu>Applications>Manage Applications>All>TouchWiz Launcher
    Force close and clear data

How to use Appzorter
    The creator of the application Appzorter has kindly given me permission to modify his app for the Launcher's needs

Appzorter comes with the launcher, if you don't like it simply uninstall it

Code:
    1) Hit the Appzorter Icon
    2) Select Sort
    3) Go into Settings>Menu>All>Touchwiz Launcher>Force Close

The application itself is undergoing a lot of work. He is adding a lot of new features. Please do consider buying his donate version. It's only 0.96 euros on the market, and I'm pretty sure most of you could spare that.

Many many thanks to Demiurgous/demidoes.net for his kind support.

Instructions if things go wrong:
    Code:
    Extract apk from .zip
    adb remount
    adb shell
    cd /system/app
    rm TouchWiz30Launcher.apk 
    rm TouchWiz30Launcher.odex
    hit Control + C
    adb push path to your download\TouchWiz30Launcher.apk /system/app
    adb reboot

Landscape mode requests
    I am able to make the launcher redraw in landscape mode without losing sign keys. However the icon dock does not stay on the right of the phone, but goes in the bottom. The launcher is not optimized for landscape mode at all. Perhaps i'll be able to get this done in the long run.

NOTE
    The European launcher and the 4G Launcher are not hot-swappable. That means that when using the 4G Launcher, you cannot revert back to the European Launcher (or vice verca) by flashing the zip.
    You need to WIPE data under Settings>Menu>Manage Applications. Install the other version of the launcher, then wipe data AGAIN.
    Failing to do so will cause FC's when trying to add a 5 icon dock.

Changelog for V1
    Code:
    v1.0 - Initial Release
    v1.1 - Resize on all widgets - Choose your Default Home
    v1.1.1 - Bugfix when rearranging homescreens
    v1.2 - Layout changes
    v1.3 - Included modded version of Appzorter - layout fix

Changelog for V2
    Code:
    v1.5 - 5 column in Homescreen, app drawer, icon dock - soon to be released
    v1.6 - Resize on all widgets - Choose your default Home
    v2.1 - Bugfix when rearranging homescreens