[MOD] Phone.apk without increasing ring - KL1

Search This thread

AndroidGX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
damn, just migrated to KI4 and compiled modified Phone.apk with noise mode deleted aswell and increasing ring is still there :( I guess the mod is not working on KI4 then ? someone else may confirm ? maybe it's no longer "Ringer$1.smali" file that needs to be modified ?

*edit* : just tested with the Phone.apk from 2.3.5 (KI3) and it's the same problem :( I tried to see YG007 phone.apk how it looks but at line 175 its totally different than another Phone.apk with line removed. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

maxwarp79

May 25, 2011
Foglianise
KI3 non increasing ring odex/deodex (CWM)

Thank you, but wich versione (odex or deodex) must I use on stock ROM version XXKI3?!? :confused:

I tryed deodexed version (installed via recovery) but the ring is always increasing...

EDIT: now I tried odex version and it works perfectly, thank you!!! :D

Last edited:

lhoi

May 12, 2006
Odexed files for ZSKI3

Attachments

• Phone_ZSKI3_mod.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!

Sorry it took me so long to return, I was busy enjoing the summer... and that comes with a price as well... juggling work and vacation. It's been crazy with me at work as well so that didn't really help...

Anyways, for those who don't know me, I did the non increasing ring mod for the Galaxy S i9000, and now I'm here to do the same for the SGS II. My previous work is found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=759537

Info:
    Get rid of the increasing ring when someone calls you. As long as I can remember, most samsung phones had this "feature" where when you receive a call, the ringtone will gradually fade in to the volume that you have set. This mod will get rid of that annoying fade-in and allow your ringtone to play at the volume that you set it to!

REMEMBER~! Your phone needs to be deodexed for this to work!!! Also, this mod is version specific! Only use the modified APK with the same deodexed ROM. You have been warned.

Instructions:
    MAKE SURE your firmware is deodexed and you are using the right fix to the proper firmware!!
    1. Put the phone into "Flight Mode" either by holding power while the device is on and selecting Flight Mode from the submenu, or by selecting Flight Mode from the Settings menu.
    2. Use a terminal, or root explorer, or any app you want to copy Phone.apk to /system/app/. Make sure the file is Phone.apk instead of phone.apk. Some people copied it as phone.apk (lowercase P), so make sure its Phone.apk. --(If you still get a FC, don't worry, just proceed to step 3.)
    3. Reboot the phone.

OR

if the file has CWM in it, just use CWM!

-YG007

Update:
    Here is the latest mod for XWKK5, CWM!! :D

Update: 12.17.2011
    Here is the latest mod for XXKL1, CWM!! :D

Enjoy!!
    Here is XWLA4 deodexed "Phone.apk" featuring :

• No increasing ring.
    • Noise supression OFF by default and deleted.

Enjoy !
    KI3 non increasing ring odex/deodex (CWM)
    Ok just found the way to make it.
    In fact it was due to the compresssion level which I forgot to set to "0" before compiling again the apk. :D

Just tried it, and it works on my KI8 Kitchen ROM. :)

Here is my deodexed "Phone.apk" featuring :
    • No increasing ring.
    • Noise supression OFF by default and deleted.
    • ZIPaligned.

Enjoy !
    use baksmali-1.3.2.jar & smali-1.3.2.jar can do fine,but that way not works,always has increasing ring ,Maybe 4.0.3 change something we don't know...............
    Ah ok! I see.
    I thought LPB was still Gingerbread firmware, so yes 4.0.3 definitely changed many stuffs about Phone.apk. Maybe APK Multi-Tools actually can't decompile properly ICS apk's ?

Can you make an odex version please?
    Thanks in advance!
    Sure, I can give a try if you send me a original LA4 Phone.apk from an odexed rom ;) it's just a "Phone.odex" to add into the apk zip, but can only be found from this. ;)