FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[MOD/THEME]pendo's batteries and status bar tweaks

1,971 posts
Thanks Meter: 762

By pendo, Senior Member on 31st May 2011, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
OK, I see that there's a desire to try and organize some of the various battery mod posts over in dev. While I'm hesitant to start yet another battery/status bar thread, I thought this might be better to at least organize my few contributions

Currently I've only worked on KE2 and KE7. These are standalone files, in other words you will have to use adb or a root explorer to apply. I prefer adb. The download links are listed by firmware name... I have not renamed the actual files, so you don't need to rename or anything like that to put on your phone. **if using a root explorer remember to set permissions on the new file to 644 or rw,r,r**

SmoothC Circle Battery Mod

KE2 smoothC battery
KE7 smoothC battery

AOSP battery/w percent (battery only)

KE2 AOSP battery
KE7 AOSP battery

Translucent Statusbar w/AOSP icons

This is just to give you an idea of how the translucent looks. This can be a cool look or look kinda bad depending on your wallpaper. All aosp green "fully" icons are included with this download:

KE2 translucent aosp statusbar
KE7 translucent aosp statusbar

AOSP black statusbar (same icons as above, but no translucent background)

KE2 aosp black-statusbar
KE7 aosp black-statusbar

adb usage

Adb is the preferred method to insert these. Even over flashing a zip since it's quicker. Also, it's much preferred over using a root explorer since it won't alter permissions. Here's one way to do it:

First thing is to launch terminal (mac/linux) or command (windows). Then you need to "cd" to the folder where you have the file(s) at that need to be pushed. For instance if you had framework-res.apk in your downloads folder you would type something similar to this
(windows-press enter after each line)
Code:
cd C:\Users\pendo\Downloads
Then you would see this C:\Users\pendo\Downloads>

After you "cd" to the correct folder, type the following lines pressing enter after each line
(You only need to type the "adb root" command if your boot.img is insecure and you only need to do it once per terminal session.)

To replace framework-res
Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb shell stop
adb shell mv /system/framework/framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk.old
adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/
adb shell start
Renaming your existing file with the ".old" extension will make the system ignore it, as well as store it in a convenient place should you want to revert. To revert to the original type this:
Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb shell stop
adb rm /system/framework/framework-res.apk
adb mv /system/framework/framework-res.apk.old /system/framework/framework-res.apk
adb shell start
To replace SystemUI.apk
We have 2 files to rename as it has an odex. Note that it goes in the /system/app directory. Also, we need to wipe dalvik-cache for this one.
Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb shell stop
adb shell mv /system/app/SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk.old
adb shell mv /system/app/SystemUI.odex /system/app/SystemUI.odex.old
adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app/
adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*
adb shell start
To revert:
Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb shell stop
adb shell rm /system/app/SystemUI.apk
adb shell mv /system/app/SystemUI.apk.old /system/app/SystemUI.apk
adb shell mv /system/app/SystemUI.odex.old /system/app/SystemUI.odex
adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*
adb shell start
There are other subtle variations you can use to the individual commands, I just chose these for an example. For instance, I generally don't "cd" to the directory that holds my files. Rather, I'll just drag and drop them into my terminal window. Also some will just enter shell and cd to a files directory rather than call it using its full directory path.

Hopefully some of the newer people find some of this useful.
If you've found any of this useful or are enjoying my work, please don't forget the Thanks button below, or you can use the "special thanks" button right above my avatar

CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS
All of my workings with the circle battery can trace their roots to Fightspit's original super circle battery thread. I'm not sure if that's where they originated first, but it is where it began for me late summer 2010. Most of my early designs were either based partially, or wholly upon works in his thread. All of my present offerings are original works by me, however, they still mimic the basic designs from his thread. If anyone ever happens to run into him in a thread, make sure to pass on your thanks for helping to introduce this great mod.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to pendo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pendo Ad-Free

31st May 2011, 06:51 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tulsa, OK

Donate to Me
More
I have some new work I've started that has not previously been posted. I'm going for a more blue flavor, as I really don't care for the orange highlights that android seems to favor

All of the green aosp icons in the status bar have been made blue, including my aosp battery with percent. All of the system related (and any apps that use system resources) highlight/pressed colors have been changed. Also, if you have the overscroll effect mod, this has new colors to match. I didn't do much in the way of icon theming as I'm kinda liking the subdued stock ones for the moment, but I anticipate I'll do more with that as time goes on....I'll look for feedback on that. There's not much a screenshot can tell you as the changes are pretty subtle, but here's one that at least shows the battery and wifi indicators. This is for KE7 only.

sgs2-blue.zip

Inside the zip are 3 files: framework-res.apk, twframework-res.apk, and SystemUI.apk. Push framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk to /system/framework/ and SystemUI.apk to /system/app/
Black background statusbar
Both of these have solid black statusbar backgrounds but have different pull-down handles. The first file has the same handle as the above file:
download==>SystemUI.apk

The second looks like this:
hshah was kind enough to provide this screenshot:
download==>SystemUI.apk

As soon as an official custom recovery is available, I'll put all these in zips you can just flash.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pendo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pendo Ad-Free
31st May 2011, 06:51 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tulsa, OK

Donate to Me
More
also reserved
31st May 2011, 07:28 PM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,267

Donate to Me
More
Get in there pendo! Nice to see you here mate!

edit : Btw we have clockwork recovery now, I don't suppose you can
give me a blank flashable zip for cwm 3.x that I can put these in to flash.
I also need the zip to make a theme.

Another quick question do these work with odexed stock roms? I'm on ke7
Stock rooted. Thats the only thing I'm abit iffy about before I start flashing away.
31st May 2011, 10:01 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tulsa, OK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esk02k

Stock rooted. Thats the only thing I'm abit iffy about before I start flashing away.

Gonna also make a thread for my markets here, too I think.....there's a few that are newer to android with this phone and haven't seen those yet.

I didn't know there was an official cwm out yet. I skimmed through earlier, but didn't notice. I'll have to look at it to get the proper mount commands.

Pretty much any 'ol script will "work" but without the proper mount line, you would have to manually mount /system (under mounts and storage) in order for the flash to apply.
31st May 2011, 10:23 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Pendo: Does the "AOSP battery/w percent (battery only)" only change the battery icon, or also the other status bar icons?

Would like a framework.res with all AOSP icons including the AOSP battery percentage But without the translucent status bar
1st June 2011, 07:47 AM |#7  
Flag Casette d'Ete
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:

hi,
please tell me about CWM 3x thta works with GS2 ...
tks
1st June 2011, 08:22 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo

I have some new work I've started that has not previously been posted. I'm going for a more blue flavor, as I really don't care for the orange highlights that android seems to favor

All of the green aosp icons in the status bar have been made blue, including my aosp battery with percent. All of the system related (and any apps that use system resources) highlight/pressed colors have been changed. Also, if you have the overscroll effect mod, this has new colors to match. I didn't do much in the way of icon theming as I'm kinda liking the subdued stock ones for the moment, but I anticipate I'll do more with that as time goes on....I'll look for feedback on that. There's not much a screenshot can tell you as the changes are pretty subtle, but here's one that at least shows the battery and wifi indicators.

sgs2-blue.zip

Inside the zip are 3 files: framework-res.apk, twframework-res.apk, and SystemUI.apk. Push framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk to /system/framework/ and SystemUI.apk to /system/app/

As soon as an official custom recovery is available, I'll put all these in zips you can just flash.

I am just trying this out, and whenever I open GMail, the notification bar at the top turns white. I'm guessing this is not meant to happen?

Also, when you pull the notification down, it says Notification at the bottom of the pull down... can that be removed please as I think it makes it untidier?
1st June 2011, 09:15 AM |#9  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,267

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonata

hi,
please tell me about CWM 3x thta works with GS2 ...
tks

Sure, chainfire was kind enough to package it up with
his latest kernel, I don't know if its official but it seems to
Work perfectly, I haven't flashed anything yet though but will
Today. Heres the link :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1103399

So pendo am I good to use these on my odexed rom. I'm
Unfamiliar with odexed stuff, I noticed all the odex files in system/app.
They don't need changing to do they?
Thanks.
1st June 2011, 09:18 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshah

I am just trying this out, and whenever I open GMail, the notification bar at the top turns white. I'm guessing this is not meant to happen?

Also, when you pull the notification down, it says Notification at the bottom of the pull down... can that be removed please as I think it makes it untidier?

Same white bar issue with the XDA app

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S II
1st June 2011, 10:07 AM |#11  
Flag Casette d'Ete
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:

Sure, chainfire was kind enough to package it up with
his latest kernel, I don't know if its official but it seems to
Work perfectly, I haven't flashed anything yet though but will
Today. Heres the link :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1103399

So pendo am I good to use these on my odexed rom. I'm
Unfamiliar with odexed stuff, I noticed all the odex files in system/app.
They don't need changing to do they?
Thanks.

tks mate ...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)