FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FOUND] The perfect Phone.apk

297 posts
Thanks Meter: 188
 
By dikime, Senior Member on 25th November 2011, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

Hello XDA folks
One of the things that most people complain about in the Galaxy S2 probably is the dialer. The call recording, the noise cancellation, the auto-rotation etc. And there are a lot of threads that address each of these issues... separately. There isn't a single Phone.apk that has them all - no rotation, call recording, full screen picture, disabled noise cancellation, no increasing ring. The "perfect" dialer doesn't exist.
Why is that? Is it because some modifications are incompatible with each other? Or that no one had the idea of doing this?
I'd gladly do it and share it, but I've got the programming skills of an ape (maybe a bit worse). There are guides how to do it all, I've seen them. They just need to be followed

Any thoughts?


The Perfect Phone.apk was found! Thanks to grgsiocl for pointing out it's part of TurkbeyRom.




The Phone.apk is part of TurkbeyRom. Check it out here.


Features:
Basically everything

- Call recording
- No rotation
- No increasing ringtone
- Fullscreen contact picture
- Noise suppression off by default
- Search contacts by 2nd, 3rd name etc.
- Works on odexed ROMs (just delete/rename both Phone.apk and Phone.odex (and Contacts too, if you want the dialpad).

- Doesn't support multi-dpi... yet


Looks like this:



Go into flight mode. Then download and replace the 2 .apk files from here: Link Set permissions rw-r--r-- , reboot and it should work. Have a backup just in case.
You can only replace Phone.apk if you want to keep you old dialpad's theme




Thanks to:

turkbey for making all these tweaks into one super package

grgsiocl for pointing me to TurkbeyRom

LeoMar75 - the CWM script
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dikime For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dikime Ad-Free
 
 
25th November 2011, 10:41 PM |#2  
rumz82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Agree with you.....

Need a full screen caller id, with a sleek looking dialer intreface!!!

This is the dialer I currently have. Cant remember exactly where I got from but it was part of a theme.Thanks to the person who made this mod.All I did was mix n match bits from this theme and that theme.....

This is by far the best looking dialer I have come across for the galaxy s2!! Its not so "kiddish"!! Lol!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20111125-223647.jpg
Views:	8549
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	795087
26th November 2011, 05:59 AM |#3  
grgsiocl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
Thanks Meter: 4,556
 
More
it is available in turkbey ROM v 27. The dialer comes with t9 match tooo. If you want PM me, i will send you the contacts.apk file instead of downloading the entire ROM. Contacts.apk is based on KJ3
The Following User Says Thank You to grgsiocl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grgsiocl Ad-Free
26th November 2011, 07:33 AM |#4  
nil.shunya's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgsiocl

it is available in turkbey ROM v 27. The dialer comes with t9 match tooo. If you want PM me, i will send you the contacts.apk file instead of downloading the entire ROM. Contacts.apk is based on KJ3

Plz post it, i appreciate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
26th November 2011, 12:35 PM |#5  
hknklbk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gaziantep
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikime

Hello XDA folks
One of the things that most people complain about in the Galaxy S2 probably is the dialer. The call recording, the noise cancellation, the auto-rotation etc. And there are a lot of threads that address each of these issues... separately. There isn't a single Phone.apk that has them all - no rotation, call recording, full screen picture, disabled noise cancellation, no increasing ring. The "perfect" dialer doesn't exist.
Why is that? Is it because some modifications are incompatible with each other? Or that no one had the idea of doing this?
I'd gladly do it and share it, but I've got the programming skills of an ape (maybe a bit worse). There are guides how to do it all, I've seen them. They just need to be followed

Any thoughts?

100% agree with you.

At the moment I am using exDialer-v35 (MIUI-like dialer)
Very happy with it. Beautiful graphics & sorting philosophy.
But not perfect. It has only the dialer, no backup, no 3G available.

But at the moment in my opinion it's the best..
26th November 2011, 01:27 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgsiocl

it is available in turkbey ROM v 27. The dialer comes with t9 match tooo. If you want PM me, i will send you the contacts.apk file instead of downloading the entire ROM. Contacts.apk is based on KJ3


Thanks a lot
I'll try the whole ROM, might even stay on it though it's hard for a flashaholic like me to stay on something for very long
The Following User Says Thank You to dikime For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dikime Ad-Free
26th November 2011, 01:53 PM |#7  
grgsiocl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
Thanks Meter: 4,556
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgsiocl

it is available in turkbey ROM v 27. The dialer comes with t9 match tooo. If you want PM me, i will send you the contacts.apk file instead of downloading the entire ROM. Contacts.apk is based on KJ3

I zipped the file and uploaded it to multiupload. Unzip and extract and copy to system/app using root explorer. If FC, then reboot

http://www.multiupload.com/OU8ZIW2BW0
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to grgsiocl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grgsiocl Ad-Free
26th November 2011, 03:29 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Updated the OP with a CWM flashable .zip
Hope it doesn't destroy anything.
26th November 2011, 04:10 PM |#9  
basdaniel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rethimnon
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
There is a problem!
Now i dont have dialer as i get cont force close....

What do i do?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
26th November 2011, 04:20 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by basdaniel

There is a problem!
Now i dont have dialer as i get cont force close....

What do i do?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

If you replaced it with Root Explorer or similar just reboot.
26th November 2011, 04:27 PM |#11  
basdaniel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rethimnon
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
I just followed your advice... I still have no dialer or contact app.
It has the icons but ehen i press on them it force closes...
I am rooted and i have used root explorer...


Can someone help please or do i have to reflash a whole rom?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes