FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REF] Galaxy S 2 Shipped Modem Collection

19,556 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,712

By pulser_g2, Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer on 20th June 2011, 12:25 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
25th November 2011, 07:54 PM |#501  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Establishing Battlefield Control... Standby!
Thanks Meter: 7,077

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglatins

What is the latest MODEM?

Latest is KJ4 if I'm not mistaken.

Remember though, latest doesn't necessarily mean the best.

Communicated from a Galaxy far far away via an XDA premium quality neurotransmitter.

26th November 2011, 11:48 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Hello sorry if this is a noob question, I'm looking for a modem to flash to my SGS2 but I'm wondering as I've searched to no avail, these modems some of them comes with country letter and operator name, does it makes a difference if i use them or do i have to find the modem specifically for my country? I'm in Singapore. TIA.
26th November 2011, 06:13 PM |#503  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashix

Hello sorry if this is a noob question, I'm looking for a modem to flash to my SGS2 but I'm wondering as I've searched to no avail, these modems some of them comes with country letter and operator name, does it makes a difference if i use them or do i have to find the modem specifically for my country? I'm in Singapore. TIA.

It won't make much difference, modems are interchangeable. Just try some and you will find one which works best for you.

Communicated from a Galaxy far far away via an XDA premium quality neurotransmitter.
27th November 2011, 10:47 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Anyone on Orange UK that has found a decent modem?

I've tried a few but can't seem to find one that gives me a stable signal and good battery.

Currently trying KI4 which is only a few hours on so to early to see how this is.
27th November 2011, 11:00 AM |#505  
Flag London UK
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirds

Anyone on Orange UK that has found a decent modem?

I've tried a few but can't seem to find one that gives me a stable signal and good battery.

Currently trying KI4 which is only a few hours on so to early to see how this is.

Hey. I am on Orange UK (with T-Mobile), and KI4 is the best I have tried both in terms of battery and signal strength.

If you wanna try out any other modems, they are on my site: http://www.mofirouz.com/wordpress/20...axy-s2-radios/
27th November 2011, 03:39 PM |#506  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofirouz

Hey. I am on Orange UK (with T-Mobile), and KI4 is the best I have tried both in terms of battery and signal strength.

If you wanna try out any other modems, they are on my site: http://www.mofirouz.com/wordpress/20...axy-s2-radios/

Dude, don't spam your site in this thread. If you got modems that can be added to the first page then either post the individual links here or let me know via pm.

27th November 2011, 11:22 PM |#507  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 45

More
:Edit:
Sorry answered myself
28th November 2011, 09:16 AM |#508  
Flag Sunshine Coast
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I'm just going through testing some modems and comparing with my XWKI3 that came with my Frankenstein KJ3 firmware.

Now if I go back to K13, is there any difference between XWKI3 and XXK13 as posted in the first link?

I've tested a heap of modems, particularly the 'T' version modems, and honestly I can't tell much difference between any of them so far for me on my 9100T SGS2.

If anything K14 settles at a lower dBm, but only marginally.

EDIT: Just a question as I could tell very little difference between all the modems I've tested, is there a way to wipe previous modem data to make sure each modem is working to it's potential?
28th November 2011, 11:26 AM |#509  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damienoid

I'm just going through testing some modems and comparing with my XWKI3 that came with my Frankenstein KJ3 firmware.

Now if I go back to K13, is there any difference between XWKI3 and XXK13 as posted in the first link?

I've tested a heap of modems, particularly the 'T' version modems, and honestly I can't tell much difference between any of them so far for me on my 9100T SGS2.

If anything K14 settles at a lower dBm, but only marginally.

EDIT: Just a question as I could tell very little difference between all the modems I've tested, is there a way to wipe previous modem data to make sure each modem is working to it's potential?

XWKI3 is from 2.3.4 rom, the newer released XXKI3 on the other hand is 2.3.5. Performance slightly differs for me as well.

Modem doesn't leave/store any data on your phone unlike some radios did back on the Desire HD. So don't worry about it

Btw, did you try KH3 yet?

28th November 2011, 12:00 PM |#510  
Flag Sunshine Coast
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek

XWKI3 is from 2.3.4 rom, the newer released XXKI3 on the other hand is 2.3.5. Performance slightly differs for me as well.

Modem doesn't leave/store any data on your phone unlike some radios did back on the Desire HD. So don't worry about it

Btw, did you try KH3 yet?

Thanks for confirming there is no data left over when you flash a new modem.

Any reason why you suggest KH3?

I believe your carrier o2 is on the 900 MHz freq. and my carrier uses the 850MHz freq.

That's why I was using mainly 'T' version modems, but I'm more than willing to try KH3 if you think it might perform well.

Modems tested:

DUKF4

Telstra's DVKF2 <-- My carriers modem

JIKG1

JJKI2

XXK14

XXK13

XXK14 had the lowest dBm signal, but there was not much between K14/K13 and Telstra's DVKF2.
28th November 2011, 03:39 PM |#511  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damienoid

Thanks for confirming there is no data left over when you flash a new modem.

Any reason why you suggest KH3?

I believe your carrier o2 is on the 900 MHz freq. and my carrier uses the 850MHz freq.

That's why I was using mainly 'T' version modems, but I'm more than willing to try KH3 if you think it might perform well.

Modems tested:

DUKF4

Telstra's DVKF2 <-- My carriers modem

JIKG1

JJKI2

XXK14

XXK13

XXK14 had the lowest dBm signal, but there was not much between K14/K13 and Telstra's DVKF2.

Yes, give it a go. KH3 turned out to be the best modem I've ever used on my SGS2. Very close to KE7, which my phone arrived with in the first place.

Don't know how it will perform as well for you though. Doesn't hurt to try though does it?

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread