FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[root] SGS2 SIM unlock code finder

11,225 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,732

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 23rd May 2011, 01:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
About

Galaxy S2 SIM Unlock code finder will find the SIM unlock code for your device, or the unfreeze code. It'll take a few minutes to run, but you should end up with the code to SIM unlock your device. If the code doesn't work, don't keep trying it !. You may end up with a freeze. In that case, the program can also find the unfreeze code, but if the SIM unlock code is wrong in the first place, maybe so is the unfreeze code

Based on Odia's work here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1064978

Thanks / Donate

Press the thanks button, and/or donate (or not) to Odia and/or myself

Also, please rate it 5 stars in Market if it works for you... I think some people who sell unlockers are purposely 1 starring it (seeing as nobody has reported any problems)

Download

Market link (mobile): market://details?id=eu.chainfire.sgs2simunlockcode

Market link (desktop): https://market.android.com/details?i...2simunlockcode

Also, attached !

!!! IMPORTANT NOTE: On some newer SGS2 devices, it does not work at all. You can try "Galaxy_S Unlock" app from "Helroz", but beware, it's unlock method is much more dangerous !!!

THIS IS ONLY FOR NON-US RESIDENTS, SORRY. YOUR LAWS HAVE GONE BACKWARDS, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SIM UNLOCK NO MORE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qrcode.png
Views:	656654
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	604849  
Attached Files
File Type: apk SGS2SIMUnlockCode-v1.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (42.4 KB, 105275 views)
The Following 179 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]

23rd May 2011, 02:22 PM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 543

More
Nice. Good job.
23rd May 2011, 02:26 PM |#3  
Flag Wilhelmshaven
Thanks Meter: 176

Donate to Me
More
Thank u so much... Keep up your great work, Chainfire
23rd May 2011, 02:38 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Downloaded and ran on my unlocked device and it came up with 00000000.

I am running to find the unfreexe code too, though not really sure how it works? Should I expect a valid code?
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesking420 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jamesking420 Ad-Free
23rd May 2011, 02:39 PM |#5  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
There is no SIM unlock code because there is no SIM lock ? Not sure about the unfreeze code, but I doubt it'll come up with one.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2011, 02:42 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,193

More
Nicely done.
You are truly a productive person.
23rd May 2011, 02:52 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

There is no SIM unlock code because there is no SIM lock ? Not sure about the unfreeze code, but I doubt it'll come up with one.

Thanks.

I thought a SIM unlock code was realted to the device, not to the device and the *current state of the SIM lock* (ie, it must be locked to display an unlock code!)

It came up with an 8 digit number starting 9242

Is it actually a useful number if you have no sim lock?

James
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesking420 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jamesking420 Ad-Free
23rd May 2011, 02:54 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
I don't think so
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2011, 03:10 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 787

More
Hi Chainfire, just poped into your thread to say, APP appears to be working fine.

As a note for everyone, even on a factory unlocked model the unfreeze code should still be present.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Odia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Odia Ad-Free
23rd May 2011, 03:14 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odia

Hi Chainfire, just poped into your thread to say, APP appears to be working fine.

As a note for everyone, even on a factory unlocked model the unfreeze code should still be present.

But what is it actually useful for ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2011, 03:25 PM |#11  
Flag Rochdale
Thanks Meter: 27

More
This is crazy.

Requested my unlock code from o2 over a week ago. They contacted me on Saturday to say they do not have it and that they will have to resubmit the unlock code request to Samsung.

I still do not have an unlock code after 2 weeks of owning the phone.

Literally 5 minutes after seeing the xda tweet about this thread my phone is now unlocked.

Crazy, absolutely crazy that the community can do in 5 minutes what the corporate world can't achieve in 2 weeks.

I am blown away, many many thanks to the op, this is outstanding
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dazzer1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dazzer1975 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)