[root] SGS2 SIM unlock code finder

Search This thread

rytenuff

Aug 8, 2011
For the life of me I cannot understand why people don't just insert another SIM to check whether or not their 'phone is locked before farting about with various unlock programs.!
Maybe they live on a desert island and can't get access to a different SIM to their original or maybe they just enjoy farting about with their 'phone. :)

sageandonion

Jul 27, 2010
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G

CNEIRE

Dec 10, 2010
somehow after I ROOTED my new SGS2, then run this app, after a few mins the result was "Could not find SIM unlock code"??? the machine is rooted the superuser icon is there. but the app still cant find the code? confused...

Goose247

Oct 6, 2009
Strathdon
Hi Chainfire,

Quick question (apologies if it's already been asked).

Is it normal for the app to generate an unlock code if the phone is already unlocked?

I checked the lock status using *#7465625* and it shows all locks as [OFF]. I've seen a lot of people asking why the app is generating lots of 0's and it's because the phone is already unlocked, so I am puzzled as to why when I use the app it generates a proper code.

Thanks,
Tam

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Hi Chainfire,

Quick question (apologies if it's already been asked).

Is it normal for the app to generate an unlock code if the phone is already unlocked?

I checked the lock status using *#7465625* and it shows all locks as [OFF]. I've seen a lot of people asking why the app is generating lots of 0's and it's because the phone is already unlocked, so I am puzzled as to why when I use the app it generates a proper code.

Thanks,
Tam

Sorry but I don't know. I never even had a SIM-locked device. This APK is provided as a service to those in need. The advice is the same as always: try a different SIM and see what happens. If it works, great. If it doesn't, unlock.

Goose247

Oct 6, 2009
Strathdon
Sorry but I don't know. I never even had a SIM-locked device. This APK is provided as a service to those in need. The advice is the same as always: try a different SIM and see what happens. If it works, great. If it doesn't, unlock.

Forgot to mention that I had originally did it using Odia's method on a O2 sim locked S2. When I put an Orange simcard in it worked. I wasn't confident when I had done it using Odia's method but the Orange sim worked but I thought as I wasn't confident I would download your app just to make sure, so it threw me a bit when it generated a proper code, took a few minutes to generate it. Changing roms etc wouldn't relock the phone would it? I'll borrow a m8's sim card tomorrow and test it to see if it works straight away or if it asks for a code and post my results :)

-kareem

Sep 20, 2011
London
Ran the App and it came back with nothing found. Read though here, did what people were saying, tried a different sim, and voila! XDA has made me VERY happy!

Good job!

Edit: Quite odd this. I can't use any service associated with Google. Maps, Market, Accounts, G-Mail - Even though the browser. BUT every other non-google site works. Even downloading apps though Amazon works.

Last edited:

zaphod-159

Sep 1, 2010
i tried but it failed to come up with a code :( is there any other free method that i can use to do this? i tried reading on this topic how to do it manually but it was too complicated for me :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About

Galaxy S2 SIM Unlock code finder will find the SIM unlock code for your device, or the unfreeze code. It'll take a few minutes to run, but you should end up with the code to SIM unlock your device. If the code doesn't work, don't keep trying it !. You may end up with a freeze. In that case, the program can also find the unfreeze code, but if the SIM unlock code is wrong in the first place, maybe so is the unfreeze code :)

Based on Odia's work here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1064978

Thanks / Donate

Press the thanks button, and/or donate (or not) to Odia and/or myself

Also, please rate it 5 stars in Market if it works for you... I think some people who sell unlockers are purposely 1 starring it (seeing as nobody has reported any problems)

Download

Market link (mobile): market://details?id=eu.chainfire.sgs2simunlockcode

Market link (desktop): https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.sgs2simunlockcode

attachment.php

Also, attached !

!!! IMPORTANT NOTE: On some newer SGS2 devices, it does not work at all. You can try "Galaxy_S Unlock" app from "Helroz", but beware, it's unlock method is much more dangerous !!!

THIS IS ONLY FOR NON-US RESIDENTS, SORRY. YOUR LAWS HAVE GONE BACKWARDS, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SIM UNLOCK NO MORE
    Thank you Chainfire. Brilliant.
    Works
    Telenor Serbia
    There is no SIM unlock code because there is no SIM lock ? Not sure about the unfreeze code, but I doubt it'll come up with one.
    This is crazy.

Requested my unlock code from o2 over a week ago. They contacted me on Saturday to say they do not have it and that they will have to resubmit the unlock code request to Samsung.

I still do not have an unlock code after 2 weeks of owning the phone.

Literally 5 minutes after seeing the xda tweet about this thread my phone is now unlocked.

Crazy, absolutely crazy that the community can do in 5 minutes what the corporate world can't achieve in 2 weeks.

I am blown away, many many thanks to the op, this is outstanding
    Hi Chainfire, just poped into your thread to say, APP appears to be working fine.

As a note for everyone, even on a factory unlocked model the unfreeze code should still be present.