FORUMS

[THEME] KLoNe Technologies *v1.01* for Cognition S2 1.5.1

602 posts
Thanks Meter: 86

By KLoNe1, Senior Member on 8th August 2011, 02:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

Hey guys,

Not trying to be annoying, but I was just going to put a pic of my current theme up on the SGS2 "Post Your Desktop" topic and thought that other people may want it as well.

Well, here it is - I've never packaged a theme before, so if there's a little bit of interest, I may have to learn how to get one all CWM packaged up and distributed for you guys

Anywhere, here it is:

Well, you guys have all waited long enough for the incredible drawn-out delivery of my theme for digitalgears' Cognition S2 ROM.
After much tinkering and tweaking with PNGs, learning how to put together an CWM update package and lots of troubleshooting, I am now releasing v1.0 of my KLoNe Technologies theme.

INSTALLATION:
  • You must be running designgears' 'Cognition S2 1.51' rom to use this theme.
  • Download latest KLoNe Technologies theme and copy to your SD-card.
  • Flash via recovery menu (a kernel with CWM is needed; I recommend Ninphetamine 2.1.3)

THANKS TO:
  • Tayutama: This theme is very heavily based on Tamutama's incredible themed Froyo ROM "Tayutama Edition v1.0.2" for the GT-I9000 back in the day.
  • setenza01: Many ideas also coming from his themed ROM "SamSet 1.9f".
  • designgears: For his excellent, ongoing work on the Cognition S2 ROM.
  • esk02k: For his great battery mod which he/she let me use in my theme.
  • Hacre & netarchy: For their awesome Ninphetamine kernel.
  • hardcore: For the excellent SpeedMod kernel & development.
  • Dysgenic: For the badass bootanimation.zip!
  • criskelo: For his great C-Style Battery Mod.
Let me know if I missed you out!

TROUBLESHOOTING:

This is my first try at publishing a theme, so I would not be at all surprised if there are bugs (I tried to find them all!). Please report back here and I'll do my best to fix them up for you.
Please also tell me what you think about the theme.

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIPLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR DEVICE!

ERRORS INSTALLING v1.01

I personally cannot reproduce these errors. Best solution is probably to do the following:
  • __
  • a backup of your system/apps with TITANIUM BACKUP
    __
  • a FULL-WIPE in RECOVERY
    __
  • REFLASH Cognition S2 1.5.1
    __
  • then try installing KLoNe Technologies v1.01.
__

It should install perfectly from a fresh install - I have tried it many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahed26

A quick update - Regarding the errors people reporting, after several testing I found out that after install the congnition rom, you must first connect to wifi and then reboot to recovery, flash dalvik cache and then install the Klone theme.

Everytime I installed Cognition rom and flashed dalvik cache without configuring my wifi connection, i always got the error 1. Hope this info helps.

EDIT: Klone theme also works on latest stock KI3 rooted rom

ENJOY!

DOWNLOAD:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
KLoNe Technologies v1.01
KLoNe Technologies v1.01 (/w C-Style Battery)

UPDATE: Monday, 5th September, 2011. Updated to v1.01.

PATTERN LOCKSCREEN
First up; I've changed the Pattern Lockscreen around so that it can now be seen. (Thanks TvBTvB)

Secondly, it seems that quite a number of people are having difficulties with the theme not looking 100% like the screenshots. This is because my setup is built with widgets & apps (mostly paid) which from what I have come to believe, cannot be setup with just a CWM flashable theme zip (without releasing a full ROM). So, what I will do is list EXACTLY what you will need to have your setup 100% like mine
Hope this helps!

NOTE: (If you don't use LauncherPro Plus eg. you'd rather use ADW or something; the dock is in: /sdcard/KLoNe Technologies/LauncherPro Plus Dock/ & the (blank) icons are in: /sdcard/KLoNe Technologies/LauncherPro Plus Icons/).
  • ROOTED
    Your SGS2 MUST be ROOTED. Cognition 1.5.1 is rooted by default.
    __
  • SCREEN DPI (OPTIONAL)
    I have my DPI set at 170. This can be changed via apps such as: Captivate/SGS Tools & LCD Density Changer. WARNING: This will make a few apps act funny. Don't use this step if you're not ready to fool around with new apps/settings getting things just right.
    __
  • APP LAUNCHER
    I am using a different App Launcher as opposed to Samsung's TouchwizUI 4.0. I am using LauncherPro Plus. Here you can find the Paid Version Unlocker (Paid version needed to achieve the look of the theme - Paid version lets us RE-SIZE WIDGETS, which is CRITICAL!).
    __
  • BOOT SCREEN (OPTIONAL)
    The BOTTOM-LEFT screenshot shows a brushed steel Android. This is my custom Boot Screen replacement (seen before the bootanimation.zip starts). This can be changed by using This Guide & the logo.jpg in the sdcard\KLoNe Technology\Boot Screen Replacement\ folder, provided.
    __
  • BOOTANIMATION.ZIP
    The next screen is the bootanimation.zip replacement provided with the theme. It should work automatically, but if not, make sure you are running a kernel with custom bootanimation.zip support. Again, I recommend Ninphetamine 2.1.3.
    __
  • LOCKSCREEN
    Next is the custom Lock Screen. This is achieved by using the great program: WidgetLocker Lockscreen. You will also need Minimalistic Text Widget from the market to add the Date & Clock you see. You can setup WidgetLocker as you'd like, but to get the full effect, set the LOCKSCREEN WALLPAPER (in 'Look & Feel') to KLoNe Technologies Lockscreen.jpg in your \sdcard\KLoNe Technologies\Lockscreen\ folder. Remove all the sliders and widgets by long pressing and dragging to the trashcan at the bottom. Then select 'Add' from the 'Menu' and select 'Custom Slider'. Select 'Light (iPhone)' here and move it to the bottom of the screen. Next 'Add' a 'Widget' named: 'Minimalistic Text' - the 4x1 (hor) should be suitable. When the preferences screen pops up, scroll right down to the bottom and select: 'Restore', then 'Date_KLoNe_Technologies', then press 'OK'. Do this again, but this time 'Restore': 'Time_KLoNe_Technologies'. This should get our LOCKSCREEN looking the way it should
    __
  • APP LAUNCHER
    OK, lets get our Launcher into action!. Here we're going to need more apps from the Market. Download the following: LauncherPro Sense Skin (skin for the 'Friends' widget), PowerAMP Music Player (Widget in 2nd screenshot), Fancy Widgets (Weather & Flip Clock Widget), Extended Controls, Desktop VisualizeR & Folder Organizer (there is also a Lite version available HERE).
    __
  • LAUNCHERPRO PLUS PREFERENCES
    From the 'Menu' in LauncherPro Plus, select 'Preferences'. First up, scroll right to the bottom and select: 'Restore Backup', then 'OK' then 'LP Widget Settings'. Here, select 'Friends Widget', 'Select Skin' and lastly 'LP Sense 3.0'. Now, unfortunately Android OS doesn't like us restoring Widgets, so we have to delete the ones on our homescreens and start from scratch. Here we go!
    __
  • 1ST SCREEN: add the 'LauncherPro Widget': 'Friends'.
    __
  • 2ND SCREEN: add the 'Widget': 'PowerAMP 4x2'.
    __
  • 3RD SCREEN: add the 'Widget': 'Fancy Widgets 4x2'. The skin used here is called: 'MIUI Clock Alternative' available from within the app.
    __
  • 4TH SCREEN: add the 'Widget' 'BuzzBox 4x4' (select 'Dark'). Resize if you'd like.
    __
  • 5TH SCREEN: add the 'Widget': 'Extended Controls 1x4'. When the options menu pops up, click 'Profiles' down the bottom and then load 'KLoNe Technologies' . Accept this & we're good to go
    __
  • YOU ALL STILL WITH ME?
    __
  • OK, so what have we got left? Oh, those beautiful, big icons that every wants . OK, let's do this!
    __
  • FOLDER ORGANIZER
    Open up the 'Folder Organizer' App from the App Drawer. This app will help you setup folders like you see in the screenshot 3rd from the right,m down the bottom. It's fairly self-explanatory, so setup a Folders for 'Social Networks', 'Multimedia', 'Applications' & 'Games'.
    To setup the skin of each folder, check out the values in the screenshot in your /sdcard/KLoNe Technologies/Folder Organizer/ folder named: 'Folder Organizer Skins Settings.png'
    __
  • DESKTOP VISUALIZER
    OK, time for those big, beautiful desktop icons
    Go to your 1st homescreen and open up the 'Widgets' window - from here select 'Desktop VisualizeR (2x2)'. Click on the newly created 'Widget'. First thing is to select an icon. Click 'Image File' and find the 'Desktop VisualizeR Icons' folder and select the appropriate icon. Next is to select the action. Click 'Other', then 'Folder Organizer Folder link' - you can then select one of the folders which you previously setup with the Folder Organizer app. You can relabel the icon here also if you wish. Now, just click OK and reposition the icon on your Homescreen by longpressing on the icon. REPEAT FOR THE OTHER ICONS.
    __
  • HANDCENT SMS APP
    OK, unfortunately after many hours of trying to streamline the process of installing Handcent & having the app themed; I have failed - for now.
    Please understand that I will continue working to get this working for you guys - hopefully will be ready for 1.02! You might as well download Handcent and start theming yourself to get as close as you can to the screenshot while you wait - it's not too hard.
    __
  • Until then - ENJOY!

NOTE:
PLEASE HAVE THE COMMON DECENCY TO ASK FIRST BEFORE BLATANTLY RIPPING OFF MY WORK. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE PERMISSION TO MODIFY/DISTRIBUTE THIS WORK WITHOUT MY PRIOR CONSENT.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to KLoNe1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KLoNe1 Ad-Free
8th August 2011, 02:31 PM |#2  
Flag Iligan City
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Nice theme!! could you maybe make one for villainrom 2.4.2?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sotipay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sotipay Ad-Free
8th August 2011, 02:31 PM |#3  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 259

More
This is pretty good

You may just want to take the zip file of other themes then just replace the apk files there by your own. But be sure to ask them first
8th August 2011, 02:39 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Nice!!!
This theme looks very nice.....

Come on guy share it

theone
8th August 2011, 03:03 PM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 647

More
Nice work mate, Yes i do have interest in it
8th August 2011, 03:19 PM |#6  
Flag London/Surrey
Thanks Meter: 630

More
would look great on litening ROM xxkg6. im interested
8th August 2011, 04:04 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Great im interested too, rom : criskeloRom v10...

Thks
8th August 2011, 05:00 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
could you share that wallpaper in the 2nd picture from left with that blue android ? ^^
8th August 2011, 07:55 PM |#9  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 584

More
share please
10th August 2011, 12:43 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
more screenshots PLEASE?? haha on lite'ning rom v5.0
The Following User Says Thank You to coljuay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coljuay Ad-Free
10th August 2011, 01:05 PM |#11  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 4

More
beautiful. magnificent. wonderful.

it is possible for litening 5?
Thanks and congratulations
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)