FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT req.

131 posts
Thanks Meter: 761

By slig, Senior Member on 25th December 2011, 11:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th November 2012, 04:17 AM |#1001  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 13

More
In my experience, the data directory has to be written exactly as it is. For example android/obb would he "exsSdCard/ Android/obb".

Also, I noticed if you long hold the directoty address when typing the directoy, a little browser pops up, allowing yoi to select files folders through it much easier. I only figured this out today lol.

Last but not least. Your cusrom directoy must not have any spaces, I find I receive a red icon then. E.g my folder "Android external data" had to be names "AndroidExternalData".

Sent from my GT-N7100

18th November 2012, 06:30 AM |#1002  
Flag kolkata
Thanks Meter: 15

More
How are you people moving the data files from data/data folder by directorybind?..in s duos only few apps are getting installed in sd card partition rest most are in d oder partition in root data/data and even if i type out d folders even den directorybind cant access dat partition
18th November 2012, 10:39 AM |#1003  
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Thumbs up Sent from my PC
A Very Big Thanks Dude !
You saved my day !
18th November 2012, 11:30 AM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingflag

I think it does really depend on the rom. Someone said I should try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1772234 but I think it's way to complicated. Hope CM10 will fix this problem soon.

So this tool not work on cm10 right??

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
18th November 2012, 11:40 AM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kretex

So this tool not work on cm10 right??

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

As long as your busybox is complete, it should work. Please note that post #1 already mentioned what it does, how it does it and what it requires. Basically, it requires mount, umount and 2 other commands usually found in the busybox package.

Also, as mentioned before by me, this app is a frontend to ease the calling of mount and umount manually. Please also note that some version of mount does not support binding directory (linking a directory to a virtual path). If this is the case, try installing BusyBox by Stephen Erickson from Google Play and install it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
18th November 2012, 01:24 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile
anyway wanna ask..where I can find a backupfile path of DirectoryBind,I was already save the patch,so wanna backup the file before I swap my phone in order to easy restore it after install new base room..thx in advance
18th November 2012, 03:05 PM |#1007  

More
CM10
Sorry here's the right link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1772234
No I think directorybind does not work on CM10. Because of this I'm thinking about to change back to stock :/
18th November 2012, 06:41 PM |#1008  

More
Quote:
it doesnt work on exfat cards so suggested to format the 64gb card to fat32 before doing so

If this is going to be like, we can never use Directory Bind with a 64 GB card because it only can be formatted in NTFS and ExtFAT but can't in FAT32 for it size limit of 32 GB.
Is it true?
18th November 2012, 07:03 PM |#1009  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 976

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan1989

In my experience, the data directory has to be written exactly as it is. For example android/obb would he "exsSdCard/ Android/obb".

Also, I noticed if you long hold the directoty address when typing the directoy, a little browser pops up, allowing yoi to select files folders through it much easier. I only figured this out today lol.

Last but not least. Your cusrom directoy must not have any spaces, I find I receive a red icon then. E.g my folder "Android external data" had to be names "AndroidExternalData".

Sent from my GT-N7100

Ok I did this and now the disk icon becomes green when I select it after it copied the files but why didnt it delete the files from the main card? I assume I can delete those since the idea is to use the external not have duplicates

UPDATE: I was able to get this working with my 32GB card which is class 4 and likely formatted FAT32. I am thinking the 64GB card may be formatted some other way thus the issues I am having.
With the 32GB it moved the data perfectly to the new location and runs great.
18th November 2012, 08:09 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 257

More
1- I'm using a 64gb formatted exfat and it works fine with directory bind

2- you can actually format it to fat32 using windows I guess or if windows doesn't work there are programs that can do that.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
18th November 2012, 10:41 PM |#1011  
Flag KunShan, JiangSu, PRC
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -PM-

Quote:
it doesnt work on exfat cards so suggested to format the 64gb card to fat32 before doing so

If this is going to be like, we can never use Directory Bind with a 64 GB card because it only can be formatted in NTFS and ExtFAT but can't in FAT32 for it size limit of 32 GB.
Is it true?

64GB cards work fine. Originally, I had to format the sdcard on my phone in order for my tablet to recognize it. Card is formatted as FAT32. As far as I know, FAT32 refers to 32 bit - not defining the format limit. I think FAT32 can handle up to 2 TB. 64GB cards work fine with with Directory Bind.

viewed when the tablet is plugged in:

viewed when the sdcard is mounted on the PC:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap1.gif
Views:	561
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	1492590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap2.png
Views:	551
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1492628