FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT req.

131 posts
Thanks Meter: 761

By slig, Senior Member on 25th December 2011, 11:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th July 2012, 03:51 PM |#401  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mottymu

I use Galaxy SIII with stock Rom xxBLFB
I use directory bind to move my game data to microSD
It just work fine but when I reboot my SIII
It has "Damaged SD card" and I can't access my microSD
but when I remove microSD and put it to computer, it can read/write
why??? what is the problem? How to fix it??

Don't know why, or what caused the problem. If this happened to me, I would copy all contents of the microSD to my computer, format the microSD by using the Format SD card option in the phone's Settings menus (on my phone it's in Settngs/Storage), and then copy the contents from the computer back to the microSD..

13th July 2012, 03:54 PM |#402  
Flag Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTR1000SP

i believe u miss out some step, it is working fine on my s3 and tab 7.7! this is the best app that make me give up ip 4s. i spend many hrs to find out which step i did wrong, i think u just read from 1st page and keep trying u able to get it done and u will find it so easy. the dev is

That may very well be. The ap is not complicated to use, the only problem i can see that cased the issue i had (and maybe for others as well) is the "Target" path that we need to manually insert.
Can you tell me what path you entered for the target (which would be the internal storage)? I used a file explorer to see the full path and it would seem that this was indeed wrong. The wrong target path still allowed the items to be copied but the bind failed.
No matter what path i use i get an error on the target directory (but the files still transfer)
13th July 2012, 04:01 PM |#403  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilsol

That may very well be. The ap is not complic!ted to use, the only problem i can see that cased the issue i had (and maybe for others as well) is the "Target" path that we need to manually insert.
Can you tell me what path you entered for the target (which would be the internal storage)? I used a file explorer to see the full path and it would seem that this was indeed wrong. The wrong target path still allowed the items to be copied but the bind failed.
No matter what path i use i get an error on the target directory (but the files still transfer)

target path is where ur current data is (internal sd) *data path is where ur sd internal files should go to & fake ur device to believe ur files is still there. which is y after u successfully mount when bind check u still find ur files in, if u unbind and check ur internal sd it only show the folder name and empty inside.
13th July 2012, 04:13 PM |#404  
Flag Tel Aviv

More
Quote:

i believe u miss out some step, it is working fine on my s3 and tab 7.7! this is the best app that make me give up ip 4s. i spend many hrs to find out which step i did wrong, i think u just read from 1st page and keep trying u able to get it done and u will find it so easy. the dev is

Quote:

target path is where ur current data is (internal sd) *data path is where ur sd internal files should go to & fake ur device to believe ur files is still there. which is y after u successfully mount when bind check u still find ur files in, if u unbind and check ur internal sd it only show the folder name and empty inside.

Thanks, this i already know i actually wanted the exact path because i used /sdcard/ & /mnt/sdcard and got errors on both and the files ended up in the external sd, they were no longer in the internal and the bind failed.

BTW thanks for the assistance.
13th July 2012, 04:19 PM |#405  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:

Thanks, this i already know i actually wanted the exact path because i used /sdcard/ & /mnt/sdcard and got errors on both and the files ended up in the external sd, they were no longer in the internal and the bind failed.

BTW thanks for the assistance.

/mnt/sdcard is wrong path, it is ur internal sd not sd card. the right data path should be /mnt/extSdCard/urwadeverdata/

edited post
13th July 2012, 05:27 PM |#406  
Flag Tel Aviv

More
Quote:

/mnt/sdcard is wrong path, it is ur internal sd not sd card. the right data path should be /mnt/extSdCard/urwadeverdata/

edited post

Right but i was asking about the target path... which is what i got errors on and caused the original problem.
Anyhow after a bit of "playing" i managed to successfully bind a folder.

Cheers.

Update - I spoke too soon, the game whose folder i binded didn't seem to like it and wants me to re-download the data
I guess i should only stick with gameloft games? or the ones mentioned by the developer. And i just saw that this folder disappeared from the app's list of binded items...

Yeah, i'm going back to my original conclusion - this app doesn't really work or is very limited.
13th July 2012, 08:04 PM |#407  

More
Quote:

Update - I spoke too soon, the game whose folder i binded didn't seem to like it and wants me to re-download the data
I guess i should only stick with gameloft games? or the ones mentioned by the developer. And i just saw that this folder disappeared from the app's list of binded items...

Yeah, i'm going back to my original conclusion - this app doesn't really work or is very limited.

Just curious,...what games don't work?.
13th July 2012, 08:33 PM |#408  
Flag Tel Aviv

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushwall

Just curious,...what games don't work?.

Sega Football Manager Handheld 2012
13th July 2012, 08:57 PM |#409  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqrab

which one is the latest version ?
and is there any other app do the same thing ?

Latest is version 0.2.0o. I haven't found another app to do the same thing. You can do like I used to do and manually move the data and set up system scripts with the mount bind -o command and then use a utility like SManager to run the scripts on bootup,...but DirectoryBind makes the binding and unbinding process so much easier.
13th July 2012, 10:24 PM |#410  

More
Quote:

Sega Football Manager Handheld 2012

Darn I don't have that one.
14th July 2012, 08:49 AM |#411  
Thanks Meter: 823

Donate to Me
More
weird the directory bind won't work at all stars: