FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT req.

131 posts
Thanks Meter: 761

By slig, Senior Member on 25th December 2011, 11:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th July 2012, 10:55 AM |#481  
Flag leicestershire
Thanks Meter: 399

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djase

damn ... it doesnt works with obb folders .too bad !

I have it working with obb folder I just put all my game on ad card and one folder called android on sd card then one of course on internal storage and link to the android and all ok simples

28th July 2012, 02:18 PM |#482  
Flag Decatur, IL
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
I am also having the red icon issue on my sgs2 (i777) running CM9 nightlies. I have tried just about everything I can think of to fix it, with no success. I uninstalled/reinstalled and recreated my three entries from scratch... no dice. I also have tried the alternate d-base option with no dice. Basically I guess I'll have to go in and re-bind manually every time I boot. Upon booting I see that DirectoryBind has been granted superuser permissions (so it is starting upon boot), it just fails to make the bind for some reason.

I do feel that I should mention that this all started about a week ago. Everything was working great (even on CM9), then it just stopped working one day.

Any suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated.
28th July 2012, 06:09 PM |#483  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djase

for me batman doesn,t works !

I turned the binding on for my internal /sdcard/Android/obb directory to external sd card obb directory, and downloaded and installed Batman (The Dark Knight Rises). The game installed its huge data file (1.79GB) to my external sd card. I tried the game and it works. I'm wondering why it won't work for you,....type of phone or version of Android?
28th July 2012, 09:33 PM |#484  
Flag leicestershire
Thanks Meter: 399

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkress

I am also having the red icon issue on my sgs2 (i777) running CM9 nightlies. I have tried just about everything I can think of to fix it, with no success. I uninstalled/reinstalled and recreated my three entries from scratch... no dice. I also have tried the alternate d-base option with no dice. Basically I guess I'll have to go in and re-bind manually every time I boot. Upon booting I see that DirectoryBind has been granted superuser permissions (so it is starting upon boot), it just fails to make the bind for some reason.

I do feel that I should mention that this all started about a week ago. Everything was working great (even on CM9), then it just stopped working one day.

Hay buddy I had that red icon a few times it ended up being a space mistake like so

/external_sd/music /
See the space meant to be
/external_sd/music/

Hope this helps buddy
28th July 2012, 11:21 PM |#485  
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Quote:

I did not find a sollution, i manually bind on reboot :s

Sent from deep space nine
29th July 2012, 12:38 AM |#486  
Flag Decatur, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyspud

Hay buddy I had that red icon a few times it ended up being a space mistake like so

/external_sd/music /
See the space meant to be
/external_sd/music/

Hope this helps buddy

I went through and double checked just to be sure, but all my entries are entered correctly. This problem just seems to be with CM9 and I am guessing it will be fixed at some point. I flashed the CM10 preview by entropy today, and auto bind is performing like it should after rebooting the phone. I have not been able to get it to break yet on CM10.

So, in CM9 for now I will just have to manually bind them on boot until it works itself out.

Thanks for your replies...
29th July 2012, 02:09 AM |#487  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great tool helped me free alot of space up

30th July 2012, 04:50 PM |#488  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 27

More
does it work for i9300? thanks.
30th July 2012, 06:41 PM |#489  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,674

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinnn

does it work for i9300? thanks.

Yes

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
30th July 2012, 08:15 PM |#490  
Flag Decatur, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I went through and double checked just to be sure, but all my entries are entered correctly. This problem just seems to be with CM9 and I am guessing it will be fixed at some point. I flashed the CM10 preview by entropy today, and auto bind is performing like it should after rebooting the phone. I have not been able to get it to break yet on CM10.

So, in CM9 for now I will just have to manually bind them on boot until it works itself out.

Thanks for your replies...

Well, the problem had reared its ugly head on CM10 now... However, I was able to resolve it and get it working reliably again. What I ended up doing is reformatting my internal SD card (created a backup first). I noticed that root explorer was reporting different used values than the settings/storage app. Settings/storage reported 800mb more than root explorer. So, there was some orphaned files sitting on the internal SD somewhere that I could not see. I am guessing this is what caused directorybind to behave the way it was without binding on boot.

At any rate, formatting the internal SD (clockworkmod). I also formatted (backed up first) my external SD even though it was reporting accurate data used in both root explorer and system/storage. Now everything is working properly again... It may have just been the internal sd , or possibly the external, or a combination of both. Not really sure, but it worked...

Phew!
31st July 2012, 07:25 AM |#491  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 74

More
I know this is intended for the S2, but I'm wondering if it will work on other CM9 devices. My HP Touchpad is on CM9 and the directory I want to bind is
  • /data/data/com.nim.discovery
and I'd like to put the data into
  • /sdcard/DirectoryBind/com.nim.discovery
It's not working. Any ideas or am I just out luck?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
move data to external sd, move data to sdcard

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)