FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT req.

131 posts
Thanks Meter: 761

By slig, Senior Member on 25th December 2011, 12:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th August 2012, 01:18 PM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
hi, i've a galaxy note and i'm using this app to move my google music collection into the external 32gb microsd card...
google music does not allow to choose the target folder, so this is the only viable way i've found, as i've a 15gb collection that does not fit internal storage...
it works ok until i reboot the note... at that point, all my downloaded mp3s are GONE! music folder completely ERASED, it's there but EMPTY... tried 2 times already, redownloading all the music (i've backupped the destination folder and tried to put it back, google music does not recognize it's own mp3 and tries to redownload everything), and 2 times all vanished

in directorybind i've this settings:
S:/sdcard/external_sd/Music/
T:/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache

and OF COURSE i've these general settings CHECKED:
bind on boot
handle usb connection
alert on unbind fail
persistent service

any hint?
thanks in advance...

6th August 2012, 03:03 PM |#522  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 772

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshark

hi, i've a galaxy note and i'm using this app to move my google music collection into the external 32gb microsd card...
google music does not allow to choose the target folder, so this is the only viable way i've found, as i've a 15gb collection that does not fit internal storage...
it works ok until i reboot the note... at that point, all my downloaded mp3s are GONE! music folder completely ERASED, it's there but EMPTY... tried 2 times already, redownloading all the music (i've backupped the destination folder and tried to put it back, google music does not recognize it's own mp3 and tries to redownload everything), and 2 times all vanished

bind on boot
handle usb connection
alert on unbind fail
persistent service

any hint?
thanks in advance...

I think people are not understanding source and target.

Please try this:

S:/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache
T:/sdcard/external_sd/Music

It should copy the contents of source /sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache to be in target /sdcard/external_sd/Music
6th August 2012, 03:42 PM |#523  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryB

I think people are not understanding source and target.

Please try this:

S:/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache
T:/sdcard/external_sd/Music

It should copy the contents of source /sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache to be in target /sdcard/external_sd/Music

no, i used the wizard and THAT is what has been configured by it... inverting the two paths i get the the DATA DIRECTORY is not empty... and, i repeat, it works PERFECTLY until i reboot, than i loose everything on sdcard, the folder is ERASED of ALL its content, and this is NOT acceptable... i can live with mounting a dir on an other and not accessing any more the underlying one (as normal in unix filesystems, until you u(n)mount the top one and have access to the original back...), but NOT with the fact that it's already the second time i loose 15gb of downloaded music...

using the wizard it moves all the content of source /sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache
to target /sdcard/external_sd/Music than deletes the former content and mount the latter binding to the former, and works until reboot... i'm looking for a way to decompile google music apk and change directly that damned embedded path, and so bypass enterely the problem...
6th August 2012, 07:35 PM |#524  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,655

More
Did you use the alternative dbase setting?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
6th August 2012, 09:03 PM |#525  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Did you use the alternative dbase setting?

nope... i listed the checkboxes i checked in preferences, and were all standard as far i remember...
now i can't do anything, i'm not back at home until next week, and with 3g connection i can't redownload my mp3 again...
7th August 2012, 12:04 AM |#526  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,655

More
Quote:

nope... i listed the checkboxes i checked in preferences, and were all standard as far i remember...
now i can't do anything, i'm not back at home until next week, and with 3g connection i can't redownload my mp3 again...

Well OK, try it. It states in Post #1 that you should try this if mounts are lost at reboot. It resolved my issues.
7th August 2012, 01:18 AM |#527  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

bind on boot
handle usb connection
alert on unbind fail
persistent service

any hint?
thanks in advance...

Instead of...

Try...
T:/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/
7th August 2012, 03:21 AM |#528  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushwall

Try...
T:/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/

I completely missed he was trying to link just the music cache directory instead of the entire app's data directory. Good catch.

Actually it wouldn't hurt to add that to the OP, that it really doesn't make sense to try to link just some subdirectory of where whatever app has its data but to use the entire topmost directory for that app's data.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G (PG86100) using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
7th August 2012, 11:35 AM |#529  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoplinger

I completely missed he was trying to link just the music cache directory instead of the entire app's data directory. Good catch.

Actually it wouldn't hurt to add that to the OP, that it really doesn't make sense to try to link just some subdirectory of where whatever app has its data but to use the entire topmost directory for that app's data.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G (PG86100) using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

yes, i'll try this and the alternate db as soon as possible, next week...
but, keep in mind that that dir is ONLY for caches (artworks and mp3s), while the sqlite db containing the id3 extracted infos, and all the other data pertinent to gmusic, are under /data/data/com.google.android.music/

even if i reput the cache dir on sdcard from backup, without the db file in the other dir the cache is useless, as gmusic strips away EVERY single id3 tag while downloading, putting them into the sqlite db... so, you have a bunch of numerically renamed mp3, without a single info about what they are... i need to do a titanium backup of that other dir the next time i download all the stuff again... thanks for now, i let you know if it's working ASAP
7th August 2012, 04:21 PM |#530  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
How to stop showing the annoying message: "directorybind granted superuser permissions " ?
7th August 2012, 05:00 PM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by friend1

How to stop showing the annoying message: "directorybind granted superuser permissions " ?

On my Droid Bionic, I do this....go into Superuser app, tap on wrench in top right of screen to get into Preferences, scroll down to Notifications area and uncheck box to right of Notifications.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
move data to external sd, move data to sdcard

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)