Visidon AppLock [Face Recognition AS Unlock Method]

Search This thread

almaqdad

May 3, 2010
Muscat
Microsoft Surface Duo
Visidon AppLock v1.5
Requirements: Android 2.3+
Overview: Fast, convenient and cool way to protect your mobile with face recognition.

Check Out Youtube tutorial :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FVWmeuj3T4

Protect any application (i.e. SMS, Gallery, E-Mail, Facebook, etc.) on your phone using face recognition. Convenient and cool way to increase safety of your private apps and content.
Visidon AppLock lets you choose the apps to be protected. Your face is a key to open them! Application uses the frontal camera of your mobile and verifies in real-time that the face matches the one allowed to access the private apps.
NOTES AND TIPS:
1. You must have a front facing camera in your device to use the face recognition feature. Otherwise it is disabled and you are only able to use password verification.
2. This application was developed and tested with Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 and Acer Iconia A500. User experience may vary with other devices due different hardware (e.g. camera etc.).
3. In addition to the applications you wish to protect, you should also add Visidon AppLock itself and any application that can be used to close or unistall applications or services (task manager, settings etc.) as well as any application that can be used to install new applications (market, myfiles etc.) to the protection list to get your mobile fully secured.
4. If the preview image is upside down or sideways, please try to set different camera orientations from the settings tab.
5. The default security level is medium. If it seems too low (i.e. other people can get in too easily), you can set it to maximum from the settings tab.
6. The most accurate recognition will be achieved when all the training images are taken directly from front (i.e. no profile images etc.). Also, you should take training images in different illuminations (in those environments where you usually use your mobile). Sufficient amount of images per person is about 5 to 10.

Freely available at Android Market:
Code:
https://market.android.com/details?id=visidon.AppLock

Also Attached on my thread

Note:- I am not the developer of this software. I saw this application and I was so amazed with it. It is the only available face recognition for andriod and it works well. VisidonSupport is the developer of this software. He is now a member of XDA Developers.

Please click on Thanks, if you like my share

Last edited:

safeelhd2

Jan 12, 2010
Bradford
Just tried this, wifes face was able to unlock once out of 4 tries. I only have 4 pics in the database for it so that could be the cause, will test again tmrw but app functions fine, no force closes. Excellent app. If only you could implement this into the main lockscreen like samsung removed. Awesome work.

Sent from the Veyron of the phone world. The GS2!!!

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011
Beautiful idea but aint unlocking the selected apps :(
Edit: working now

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

LeWildDroid

Jul 1, 2011
Bucharest
I've tried this. Was quite slow sometimes and had to uninstall it.

Sent from my SGS2 with Cognition S2 v 1.11 using Tapatalk

safeelhd2

Jan 12, 2010
Bradford
I tried this some more, i have now added 10 pictures to the app database and it seemed to be working fine BUT then my manager at work had a go and it unlocked first time! I really like this app and want it to work :mad:

How does the facial recognition work in this app?
1) Does it compare the live camera image accross ALL the stored pictures and only unlock if ALL the stored pictures match the live camera image?
OR
2) Does it look through the stored pictures and unlock if ANY ONE of the stored pictures match the live camera image?

almaqdad

May 3, 2010
Muscat
Microsoft Surface Duo
@BillSplate, apparently Visidon AppLock does not shows in all Market provider. You have to set SIM Numeric value to :- 24491 [AMT Finland] using MarketAccess.

@safeelhd2 , Try changing Security level to Maximum.

@Octavius69, What device you are using ?. it works super fast and very stable with SGS1 and SGS2

Last edited:

safeelhd2

Jan 12, 2010
Bradford
Changed the security to maximum and tested again. It now scans my face for about 1/2 second longer to make sure it is me, and it works perfectly.

Tried with several different people, nobody was able to unlock it.
Love this app!

Please try and integrate this into the phone lock :)

Kashban

Anybody tried to unlock with a paper photo of the person authorized?

EDIT: I tried to unlock with a picture of me shown on the LCD screen of my computer... unlocked!

The picture has been taken with the front camera on my Galaxy S2, so same origin as the training photos for the app.
On mid security I was able to use a picture of the 1,3MPixel camera of my stone age Nokia mobile to unlock. It didn't work on High security, though.

I tried a low res picture from Xing, which didn't unlock (setting high security) and will try some more within the next few hours.

Using biometric features to secure gear and other stuff has it's drawbacks: Finger prints are prone to fakes, a picture of your face may be used... there is no way of telling if it's actually yourself looking into the camera or a picture being held up against it.

Last edited:

goa200

Jun 8, 2009
works like a charm this
if you set it to protect widgetlocker you will need to firstly unlock it via this app then the normal unlocking method set in widgetlocker.
so it'll be like this

1. facial recognition---->
2. Widgetlocker
3. Homescreen

Reactions: MasterKaiser

lobr1

Dec 17, 2010
I used it a bit but it is too slow to start for me. Especially for unlock of screen.

almaqdad

May 3, 2010
Muscat
Microsoft Surface Duo
To all, I am not the developer of this software. I saw this application and I was so amazed with it. It is the only available face recognition for andriod and it works well.

It is so strange that this application is hidden from Market thats why a lot people dont know about.

@Visidonsupport, I really dont know what couse this problem, but I figured out that only if you fake your provider to any Finland mobile provider, then this software will appear in the market. You only can fake your provider by using MarketAccess application (Google it) from this software you can set any value for your sim card. Each mobile provider company has unique value, for example O2 (German) has a value 26207. You can find all all these values for all provider from application called Market Enabler (Google it).

By the way, are you the developer of Visidon Applock software? If so I would to thank you for ur software. We have some comment about ur software if you could implement the software will be prefect.

Regards

Jul 14, 2011
@Visidonsupport, I really dont know what couse this problem, but I figured out that only if you fake your provider to any Finland mobile provider, then this software will appear in the market. You only can fake your provider by using MarketAccess application (Google it) from this software you can set any value for your sim card. Each mobile provider company has unique value, for example O2 (German) has a value 26207. You can find all all these values for all provider from application called Market Enabler (Google it).

This is very strange. I've now changed it to be available in the whole world from the publishing console. Let's see if that helps.

By the way, are you the developer of Visidon Applock software? If so I would to thank you for ur software. We have some comment about ur software if you could implement the software will be prefect.

Yes and we are always happy to hear feedback. But before you ask anything; we are already working on a lockscreen feature :D

Btw. shouldn't this thread be in somewhere more general section :)

Reactions: spykar69

almaqdad

May 3, 2010
Muscat
Microsoft Surface Duo
@Visidonsupport, I confirm that Visidon Applock now appears in the Market without faking provider. :)

Yeah maybe ur right this topic suppose to be in andriod app and games section.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Visidon AppLock v1.5
    Requirements: Android 2.3+
    Overview: Fast, convenient and cool way to protect your mobile with face recognition.

Check Out Youtube tutorial :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FVWmeuj3T4

Protect any application (i.e. SMS, Gallery, E-Mail, Facebook, etc.) on your phone using face recognition. Convenient and cool way to increase safety of your private apps and content.
    Visidon AppLock lets you choose the apps to be protected. Your face is a key to open them! Application uses the frontal camera of your mobile and verifies in real-time that the face matches the one allowed to access the private apps.
    NOTES AND TIPS:
    1. You must have a front facing camera in your device to use the face recognition feature. Otherwise it is disabled and you are only able to use password verification.
    2. This application was developed and tested with Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 and Acer Iconia A500. User experience may vary with other devices due different hardware (e.g. camera etc.).
    3. In addition to the applications you wish to protect, you should also add Visidon AppLock itself and any application that can be used to close or unistall applications or services (task manager, settings etc.) as well as any application that can be used to install new applications (market, myfiles etc.) to the protection list to get your mobile fully secured.
    4. If the preview image is upside down or sideways, please try to set different camera orientations from the settings tab.
    5. The default security level is medium. If it seems too low (i.e. other people can get in too easily), you can set it to maximum from the settings tab.
    6. The most accurate recognition will be achieved when all the training images are taken directly from front (i.e. no profile images etc.). Also, you should take training images in different illuminations (in those environments where you usually use your mobile). Sufficient amount of images per person is about 5 to 10.

Freely available at Android Market:
    Code:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=visidon.AppLock

Also Attached on my thread

Note:- I am not the developer of this software. I saw this application and I was so amazed with it. It is the only available face recognition for andriod and it works well. VisidonSupport is the developer of this software. He is now a member of XDA Developers.

Please click on Thanks, if you like my share
    Did not work, got a message saying i was to ugly..
    works like a charm this
    if you set it to protect widgetlocker you will need to firstly unlock it via this app then the normal unlocking method set in widgetlocker.
    so it'll be like this

1. facial recognition---->
    2. Widgetlocker
    3. Homescreen

This is very strange. I've now changed it to be available in the whole world from the publishing console. Let's see if that helps.

Yes and we are always happy to hear feedback. But before you ask anything; we are already working on a lockscreen feature :D

Btw. shouldn't this thread be in somewhere more general section :)
    Amazing. This has replaced my password - simply set it to protect your home launcher (Zeam in my case) and keep unlocked status till screen is off. Swipe to unlock and up pops facial recognition. Sweeeeeet

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

it really needs to expose the default home launcher in that case

This should not actually work very well. Like many of you must know, all apps must obey Android's "5 second rule". So when you press home button, no app can pop up before 5 seconds have passed. This is a feature implemented in the OS and cannot be bypassed on application level. This is one thing that makes lockscreen implementation hard. But sit tight, we are trying to make it work. :)