What is XThemeEngine?
XThemeEngine allows you to theme your device similar to how T-Mobile/CM10 Theme Engine. Install theme apk, activate theme from XThemeEngine app. Voila! Forget MetaMorph. Forget flashing zips.
XThemeEngine is powered by Xposed Framework by rovo89. You will be prompted to install if you haven't.
- Install Xposed Installer
- Install Xposed Framework (from the Xposed Installer app)
- Install XThemeEngine from the link at the bottom of this post
- Activate the module in Xposed Installer app
- Download SampleTheme (or create your theme!), activate through XThemeEngineApp
Which device has XThemeEngine been tested on?
Galaxy Nexus (4.2 stock), Xperia V (JB Stock), Galaxy S3 (JB Stock), Galaxy Note 2 (JB Stock).
Confirmed working by XDA members: Xperia U, Xperia P, Xperia T, Xperia TX, Galaxy S Duos, Lenovo A800, Ainol Novo Hero2, HP Touchpad 4.2.2, Cherry Mobile Flare / Karbonn A9+, L9, SIII, Optimus G, Motorola RAZR HD, Galaxy S Advance I9070, Xperia Sola, LG Motion 4G
Does not work: HTC One X(L) Stock, HTC One Stock
Theoretically, XThemeEngine should work with Android 4.0 and above. Only for ARM devices though. x86 devices are NOT supported. To learn more, read Xposed Framework FAQ.
This would further be limited depending on the theme selected (similar to CM10 theme engine). Do report the device you're using if it works for you too.
- Does not support ringtones/wallpapers
- Avoid res/layout at the moment (despite supported)
- res/values/styles.xml is NOT supported and may never be
- XThemeEngine and Themes cannot be stored on external storage or /mnt/asec
Running ported LunarUI II theme on Xperia V stock rooted
From G+ Page: https://plus.google.com/communities/...0991587538620/
SampleTheme apk: https://www.dropbox.com/s/quqsjj9e6k...ampleTheme.apk
SampleTheme GitHub: https://github.com/ruqqq/SampleTheme
The SampleTheme only changes your battery icons
@ruqqq for xtheme engine & Icon Themer
@rovo89 & @Tungstwenty for Xposed framework
@Namoi @dully79 @Rycon33 @@McSqwizzys98 at various xtheme engine thread.
Please feel free to PM me if i'm missing someone
1. Download and install Xposed Installer
2. Open Xposed, select Install/Update then [Reboot]
3. Download and install XthemeEngine.apk
4. Open Xposed, swipe your screen to select Module then Activate XThemeEngine [Reboot]
5. Download and install the THEME
6. In XthemeEngine, choose theme you've downloaded and [Soft Reboot]
Plex for Android by FOURTHTRIUMVIR applied using Icon Themer/Unicon
1.1 Major Update [alphaBlueX]
- Browser. A slight modification at the header.
- Calculator. Completely revamped
- Contacts. Minor change to the search dialog.
- MMS . Add some bubbles & change default profile pictures.
- Clock/Alarm. Some change to clock, alarm and stopwatch button.
- Launcher. Retouch launcher icons, folders background, resize widget.
- Music. Retouch Music Icons, change header to match the theme.
- AccuWeather Widget. Converted to transparent.
- Fix Dialer [redirected from original theme]
- Swype Keyboard
- ES Explorer
- XDA Apps
- Push Bullet [Icon Only]
- Many minor fixes
- Added Galaxy S4 + Galaxy Note Toggles
- Fix dialer and contacts.
- Calculator & Launcher themed.
- Add compability to Sony devices (Thanks to @dully79)