FORUMS

Is there such thing as a non-5g S20+?

61 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By finshan, Member on 21st February 2020, 02:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm on Verizon in the US, but if there's an international unlocked model (or even a US unlocked model) that doesn't have 5g (and is therefore $200 cheaper or something) then obviously I'd rather get that. Does it exist?
21st February 2020, 02:36 AM |#2  
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Yes. My region on Malaysia, only the s20 Ultra is 5G. S20+ and s20 is 4g with 8gb ram 128gb storage. 1 esim 1 nanosim slot and 1 dedicated sdcard slot.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to vash_h For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vash_h Ad-Free
21st February 2020, 02:44 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash_h

Yes. My region on Malaysia, only the s20 Ultra is 5G. S20+ and s20 is 4g with 8gb ram 128gb storage. 1 esim 1 nanosim slot and 1 dedicated sdcard slot.

Whatever the model is, I assume it's just the "international unlocked s20+ 4g"? Is it available to US consumers?
22nd February 2020, 12:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yes, there are two versions Galaxy S20+ 4g version and Galaxy S20+ 5g version.
22nd February 2020, 06:26 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
In Germany you can select between all S20 models if you want a 4G or 5G variant.
The Following User Says Thank You to chieco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chieco Ad-Free
27th February 2020, 04:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I think International S20 and S20+ model have the lowest spec that Samsung offer because it only came with Exynos 990 and 8GB of Ram and 4G network instead of Snapdragon 865 12GB of ram. Obviously it will be cheaper because of the cost. However the spec is good enough to last you another 4 years.
3rd March 2020, 12:44 AM |#7  
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by finshan

Whatever the model is, I assume it's just the "international unlocked s20+ 4g"? Is it available to US consumers?

You asked regarding international models. It definitely is not available to American consumers because.. Americans is offered American variants.

You can try to purchase one on the internet that is willing to ship it to you though.

Honestly I will advise against it though. The americans have their own variants for a very good reason and you won't have warranty on the event the phone misbehave. I personally won't buy something this expensive without warranty.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)