FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

X55 modem

181 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By chetly968, Senior Member on 12th December 2019, 09:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Does anyone think the 5g version of this phone will have the capability of accessing

Mm wave, midband and 600 frequencies and be sold unlocked? The S10 5g can only do the mmwave, the Note 10 plus 5g does midband and the 600 range OR mm wave bit not both. I'm on T-Mobile which eventually will use the entire range after the Sprint acquisition.
13th December 2019, 09:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetly968

Does anyone think the 5g version of this phone will have the capability of accessing

Mm wave, midband and 600 frequencies and be sold unlocked? The S10 5g can only do the mmwave, the Note 10 plus 5g does midband and the 600 range OR mm wave bit not both. I'm on T-Mobile which eventually will use the entire range after the Sprint acquisition.

The note 5g already have the SDX55 modem. I don’t think T Mobile will implement MMwave anytime soon it doesn’t travel far and can barely penetrate through walls and the amount of battery will be used searching for signals will be too much imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to billyblonco2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift billyblonco2 Ad-Free
16th December 2019, 05:05 PM |#3  
Flag Hollister
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetly968

I hope so. Fingers crossed
16th December 2019, 10:10 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paradise Valley
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyblonco2

The note 5g already have the SDX55 modem. I don’t think T Mobile will implement MMwave anytime soon it doesn’t travel far and can barely penetrate through walls and the amount of battery will be used searching for signals will be too much imo.

They are using mmWave in certain cities (neighborhoods really) via the galaxy s10 5g. Although it's true that it's only found in very limited areas, when I'm in those areas, I'd like to have access to it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)