FORUMS

Samsung official leather case is a joke!!

408 posts
Thanks Meter: 92

By johnwayne27, Senior Member on 23rd March 2020, 09:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I never should of used $50 of my credit for it. It looks like plastic and doesnt even hide camera bump. No protection. Lesson learned.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to johnwayne27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnwayne27 Ad-Free
24th March 2020, 05:38 PM |#2  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 5,197

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwayne27

I never should of used $50 of my credit for it. It looks like plastic and doesnt even hide camera bump. No protection. Lesson learned.

I have the leather case and think it's great. Mine extends past the camera bump so if you lay it down flat the camera's protected. Mine came from the EU but I can't imagine the U.S. version is any different. Mine looks leathery enough for what I paid. Different strokes.
24th March 2020, 07:14 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwayne27

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

umm idk what leather case your talking about because it cant be the same leather case i got because mines fits perfectly and feels good to hold like leather should.
24th March 2020, 08:56 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I got the leather black case and I like it. It is not protecting well the camera i.e. ideally the case should stick out a tiny bit but is hiding the bump well. On the front it does better job. The feel is very good and leather.

I have the plastic rubbery blue case too and it protects better the camera module but may be a bit worse job in the front.
25th March 2020, 11:51 AM |#5  
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I got the OtterBox Defender Pro with Holster. $60 after 10 bucks off promo. Probably best protection out there. First day I got phone it was knocked off table at work and fell 3 feet to a concrete floor. Not a scratch, ding or crack. Even the case was perfect. Bet those leather cases Samsung sells won't save your phone under similar circumstances.
26th March 2020, 02:25 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
I got the leather case with my pre-order and immediately returned it. It was a plastic piece of crap! Didn't feel like leather at all! Felt like plastic with a leather pattern. Was super slippery and not what i was looking for at all! The even crappier thing is the case was $50 worth of credit, but when I returned it, they only gave me $15. WTF!!
26th March 2020, 12:09 PM |#7  
Flag Big Country
Thanks Meter: 342

More
While it's really a matter of personal opinion about these matters, my biggest gripe about the case (as with the Apple leather case) is the price. If it were a more reasonable $29, I'd say it's great. It's not really a protective case at all as these go. Black is the only one that will look good over time as the lighter colors will garnish a patina appearance that some may be OK with, like leather gloves as they break in.

This phone has a large, protruding camera bump unlike any other device and presents a challenge to design a case that can adequately protect it and not feel like a brick! Imagine if they made the entire phone thick enough to house (the camera hardware) and have the camera aperture window assembly perfectly flush? 8000mAh battery anyone?

Of course the "anti thicc" crowd would be quite vocal about it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)