26th March 2020, 11:23 AM |#31  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 8,661

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMSpilot

Samsung S20 Combination Engineering firmware used to check all hardware features like back camera, front camera, sensors, RAM memory, ROM memory. You may also run a test that shows you the results of the Galaxy S20 phone diagnostics. You should be able to use this professional firmware to bypass and remove Factory Reset Protection, Google Account verification or Google Account protection.

Cheers

SM-G9880-ATA6
SM-G9880-ATB8
SM-G988U-ATB5
SM-G988U1-ATB8
SM-G988B-ATB5

hate to break it to you but this is not engineering firmware.. at first glance its combo firmware which is essentially factory binary.. Theres typically 4 types of firmware:

Factory = aka combination firmware
userdebug
eng = aka engineering firmware
user = aka stock firmware

eng and userdebug will be rooted by default..

anything other than stock typically requires a "token" to flash since s10 and newer.

Usually you can tell which firmware it is by looking at the fifth character from right to left. Example if a firmware ends in EATB8 the E stands for eng.. U would be user binary.. combo firmware will have FAxx in it where the xx usuall indicates the OS version i.e. FA90 is factory firmware which is android 9.0.. Q will have FA0 I believe which is equivalent to Android 10.
26th March 2020, 11:37 AM |#32  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott

- Either would probably work. I believe the Qualcom would be better but would need EDL tools and appropriate files to load. That may prove difficult. f Samsung firmware then we may be able to get right in as in past devices that have had such leaks. The Samsung firmware method depending on the version can be rooted and reinstalled with a samsung engineering bootloader. That bootloader accepts unsigned images for testing. Or something like that. It keeps the bootloader locked so no full ROM but can flash the engineering files to play with.

- We would need the unlocked engineering bootloader. This would be the best place to start.

Do you have such things or have connections to such things?

EDL has been restricted since the 9 devices which have write protection even in edl mode which doesnt allow flashing to lun0.. also since 9 devices you cannot flash any eng firmware without an eng token.. also to add even flashing actual eng bootloaders in my s10+ g975u when I had it didnt do anything and wouldnt boot with anything due to vbmeta.. an eng token is needed to allow custom binaries to be flashed but even then my source who had eng token/device said it no longer allowed custom binary and only allowed eng firmware to be flashed.

With that being said, you would need an eng token and the full eng firmware to be rooted.BL will still be locked.

To add, eng tokens are device specific as they need to be created using device specific info such as DID IMEI and other info if you can even find it at which point they cost sometimes in the 1000s per one token. It also needs to be officially signed during the process its created.

Also to add, full eng firmware is also very difficult to find and if you can will probably also cost anarm and a leg.

People often confuse factory/combination firmware with ENG firmware but they are two completely separate things.

Usually high end tech companies that have a partnership with samsung can sometimes purchase a license to be able to generate eng tokens and are assigned or given access to a samsung server. They take the device info and send to the server that generates and signs the eng token that could then be flashed to the device. This ability I have heard can cost 10s of thousands of dollars as well as they charge for each individual token.

I imagine big companies like this would fire their employees or possibly be repremanded by samsung if its being used against their policies which is why you rarely if ever see this anymore as its not viable and can get ppl in a lot of trouble.

Even eng firmware (unlike stock or factory) needs to be "leaked" but since its essentially useless without a token many arent willing to lose their jobs or burn their sources by leaking it.
26th March 2020, 11:51 AM |#33  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llooc

Dear Scott,

- we talking about Samsung firmware or about Qualcomm firmware?
- what part of firmware most important for root or we need just complete firmware?

please more details

thanks

Exynos models are typically able to be bl unlocked

Snapdragon chinese or latin america devices are typically able to be bl unlocked

Snapdragon usa models aka U U1 W or carrier specific models are not able to be bl unlocked and need exploits to root which has become difficult since s9 models (although i released extreme syndicate root for usa variants of s9 s9+ and n9)

I tried various things on g975u and n976v with no luck in rooting even on combo firmware or edl.. I only managed to elevate to system privs..

Is it impossible, no. is it difficult, yes. Until exploits can be found then it will not be rooted.

If anyone doesnt know, I have been researching samsung security for a few years now. I was worlds first rooted S8/S8+ as well as worlds first rooting s9 s9+ n9 all usa variants and various exploits I found during my research.

All exploits have been patched with each device release i.e. 8 devices exploits dont work (to an extent) on 9 devices and 9 exploits didnt work on 10 devices so i cant imagine any of my 9 exploits working on 20 devices.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2020, 04:55 PM |#34  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Havasu
Thanks Meter: 2,063

Donate to Me
More
List of things you can do with this firmware
Home » Combination File Firmware » Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G9880 Combination Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G9880 Combination Firmware

Below is the combination file/eng firmware(flash file) for the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G9880 phone.

The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G9880 combination/engineer/ service flash file (ROM, firmware) can be useful in software-related cases.

Below are some of the servicing functions you can do with a Samsung Combination / Eng (Service)Firmware.

To remove Google Account FRP(Factory Reset Protection) lock
Enable ADB/Fastboot access on the locked Samsung phone using the ENG S.boot file
To remove the Samsung Account lock or Samsung Factory Reset Protection
Troubleshooting of your Samsung Galaxy device
Restoring to factory defaults
It enables the Service menu / Test mode to test the Samsung device.
A combination file can be used to downgrade the Android version.
Fix the device does not have the key-DRK issue.
Fix stuck, hang or stopping in recovery mode.
Fix a device stuck on the Samsung logo.
Fix or repair IMEI, Serial Number, and other connectivity related IDs
Repair Knox
Change CSC of your Samsung device
The Following User Says Thank You to EMSpilot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EMSpilot Ad-Free
30th March 2020, 07:21 AM |#35  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMSpilot

Home » Combination File Firmware » Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G9880 Combination Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G9880 Combination Firmware

Below is the combination file/eng firmware(flash file) for the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G9880 phone.

The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G9880 combination/engineer/ service flash file (ROM, firmware) can be useful in software-related cases.

Below are some of the servicing functions you can do with a Samsung Combination / Eng (Service)Firmware.

To remove Google Account FRP(Factory Reset Protection) lock
Enable ADB/Fastboot access on the locked Samsung phone using the ENG S.boot file
To remove the Samsung Account lock or Samsung Factory Reset Protection
Troubleshooting of your Samsung Galaxy device
Restoring to factory defaults
It enables the Service menu / Test mode to test the Samsung device.
A combination file can be used to downgrade the Android version.
Fix the device does not have the key-DRK issue.
Fix stuck, hang or stopping in recovery mode.
Fix a device stuck on the Samsung logo.
Fix or repair IMEI, Serial Number, and other connectivity related IDs
Repair Knox
Change CSC of your Samsung device

still not eng firmware lol, you can do all that with combo firmware yes..

they also still cannot install any of it without a token or some sort of exploits.. just saying
The Following User Says Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2020, 10:52 AM |#36  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 523

More
seems a new firmware *ATCT is released for SK. lots of camera improvements..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)