FORUMS

Green tint on dark background low brightness

296 posts
Thanks Meter: 97
 
By vwite, Senior Member on 12th March 2020, 01:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th March 2020, 03:53 PM |#51  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
More
I can not confirm, that ATCH makes it any better. It did not with the Ultra and it did not with my two S20+ - trying one last, than giving up. This is a real killer for me, as I notice it on every gray BG.
24th March 2020, 04:33 PM |#52  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I might a spoken too soon, as once I enable "blue light filter" the problem returns full strength. Though the update has made certain backgrounds true amoled black (such as in settings and dialer), which reduces the problem in these apps.
24th March 2020, 07:34 PM |#53  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
More
OK, I see. So Samsung is aware of it but can do nothing to fix it (because, usually, nothing can be done with the 'unevenness' in an existing phone - it could, if, be calibrated in factory, but even that seems not too easy
26th March 2020, 11:47 AM |#54  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
S20 ultra 128 GB exynos model ! this is unacceptable
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200326_124607.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	4979243  
26th March 2020, 03:32 PM |#55  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonis29

S20 ultra 128 GB exynos model ! this is unacceptable

I'd be pretty happy with this lol
26th March 2020, 07:40 PM |#56  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonis29

S20 ultra 128 GB exynos model ! this is unacceptable

I have the same effec on my Exynos s20 ultra.
Where did you find that background image? In order to do the same experiment with the same image...
26th March 2020, 07:46 PM |#57  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacaESP

I have the same effec on my Exynos s20 ultra.
Where did you find that background image? In order to do the same experiment with the same image...

download the zip file ( it can be found in the previous page ) with some grey videos , use the built in video player ! In a dark environment and low brightness it's easy to tell ! Since i noticed that i keep on comparing the top half of the screen with the bottom , i honestly regret buying this phone it seems to be a widespread defect
The Following User Says Thank You to antonis29 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antonis29 Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 07:59 PM |#58  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwite

I'd be pretty happy with this lol

Update your software. Samsung has already changed all backgrounds. Now they are mostly black for one reason...

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonis29

download the zip file ( it can be found in the previous page ) with some grey videos , use the built in video player ! In a dark environment and low brightness it's easy to tell ! Since i noticed that i keep on comparing the top half of the screen with the bottom , i honestly regret buying this phone it seems to be a widespread defect

Yes, I have the same issue, but affects to most oled screens... Only can see with a 5% grey background. Rest of the colours are OK. We agree?
26th March 2020, 08:08 PM |#59  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacaESP

Update your software. Samsung has already changed all backgrounds. Now they are mostly black for one reason...

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------



Yes, I have the same issue, but affects to most oled screens... Only can see with a 5% grey background. Rest of the colours are OK. We agree?

Yeah samsung updated so their apps are full black because they probably realized it's a widespread issue but it's still a harware issue and will show the green in third party apps with dark mode such as reddit app
The Following User Says Thank You to vwite For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vwite Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 08:18 PM |#60  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwite

Yeah samsung updated so their apps are full black because they probably realized it's a widespread issue but it's still a harware issue and will show the green in third party apps with dark mode such as reddit app

I have night mode on my s20, and I canĀ“t appreciate this green tint on any app... Only if I view a 5% grey image.
26th March 2020, 09:22 PM |#61  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
More
It is visible in many dark apps. Gmail, play Store, Signal... So it is not an issue you need to search.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes