Thanks Meter: 4

By BetaMan10, Junior Member on 14th March 2020, 03:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2020, 07:03 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekser

Sounds like youi have the correct firmware installed - my question was because of the acreen shot you used for ODIN - the firmware it shows loaded into the slots was not firmware for G988U - so apparently you were using a screen shot from somewhere else. No worries.

Regarding updates, if you have updated your Ultra Manually via Odin, when the official firmware is released I don't beleive it will automatically install. Because, your phone has already been updated, there won't be a need for it to be installed.

am a little confused if you are referring to the photo i posted on page 7 at 1:06am that was my own screenshot from my pc that is the odin and files i used to flashed my phone to update it to the 1AHCT update i got them from SAMMOBILE model #SM-G988U. thank you
22nd March 2020, 07:04 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So I tried to flash via odin and had an error half way though... No I'm stuck on this screen and smart switch won't recognize it.
https://imgur.com/a/1G20GSi

What do I do?
22nd March 2020, 07:36 PM |#73  
Flag Schertz
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by volvoshinez

So I tried to flash via odin and had an error half way though... No I'm stuck on this screen and smart switch won't recognize it.
https://imgur.com/a/1G20GSi

What do I do?

I am not an expert but believe the process should be:
1. Hold side key until the phone powers off.
2. Hold volume up key and side key together until boot screen shows.
3. Volume key up/down to select recovery mode, then press side key.
4. At this point you should be able to plug in usb
22nd March 2020, 07:40 PM |#74  
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbori9

I receive today a 451 MB update,using my s20 ultra Qualcomm on Boost Mobile,to be honest it fix part of the focus problem but still needs work.

Not surprised,they can only do so much when the mess is at hardware level.
22nd March 2020, 08:38 PM |#75  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 400

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirox

am a little confused if you are referring to the photo i posted on page 7 at 1:06am that was my own screenshot from my pc that is the odin and files i used to flashed my phone to update it to the 1AHCT update i got them from SAMMOBILE model #SM-G988U. thank you

My appologies, I saw something in the image that made me think there might be an issue but I realize I was looking at the wrong thing...my appoliges - must have had my head up my a....
26th March 2020, 02:22 AM |#76  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Kinda getting annoyed with Tmobile right now. Looks like they the only major US carrier left
The Following User Says Thank You to Djapatos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Djapatos Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 07:29 AM |#77  
Flag Paradise Valley
Thanks Meter: 34

More
I've got an UN-locked U1 device but haven't received an update yet. This auto-focus thing is an issue for sure. I don't take many pictures or videos but wanted to try out the camera after I finally got my phone yesterday. This thing is hunting ALL the time. Luckily I only take a picture or two a month at most.
26th March 2020, 10:02 AM |#78  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 400

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_ganggreen

I am not an expert but believe the process should be:
1. Hold side key until the phone powers off.
2. Hold volume up key and side key together until boot screen shows.
3. Volume key up/down to select recovery mode, then press side key.
4. At this point you should be able to plug in usb

Regarding the steps you outlined for getting the phone into Download mode so you can use ODIN - when you first hold the the volume up/Volume Down buttings (step 2 in your directions) while holding those buttons down - that is when you need to plug in the USB Cord. Plugging in the cord is what triggers things so the phone will launch into recovery mode. once it launches - then you release the two buttons and then hit volume up - that is what puts the phone into download mode.
26th March 2020, 08:22 PM |#79  
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 683

More
I had better results with the update on US at&t I did OTA the night before last, I used to have a lot of focus searching but not now. First pic was just putting the phone up to the can no zoom adjustments locked focus immediately, next 4 are 1x, 4x, 10x, and 30x zoom. Before the update something like this only the 1x would've been fine , everything else would've been crap and it would be focus hunting non stop, it's not perfect but after how depressing the picture quality was before the update I'll take it. Hopefully they continue to improve on it.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200326_150754.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	4979517Click image for larger version

Name:	20200326_150935.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	4979519Click image for larger version

Name:	20200326_150942.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	4979523Click image for larger version

Name:	20200326_151122.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	4979525Click image for larger version

Name:	20200326_150910.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	4979527

Sent from my S20 Ultra
26th March 2020, 09:09 PM |#80  
Thanks Meter: 150

More
I flashed ATCH and focus is better but no where near as reliable as s20+ or even S10, I think there will only be so much they can do on the software side to mitigate cheap lens, but macro shots definitely focus much better now
The Following User Says Thank You to Shuthefrontdoor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shuthefrontdoor Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 10:57 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djapatos

Kinda getting annoyed with Tmobile right now. Looks like they the only major US carrier left

Were in the same boat then
The Following User Says Thank You to imtjnotu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imtjnotu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)