FORUMS

Apparently the Exynos990 is 10% slower and 100% more power hungry compared to Snapdra

468 posts
Thanks Meter: 349
 
By lch920619x, Senior Member on 11th March 2020, 05:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th March 2020, 10:17 AM |#51  
dladz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,418
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan1982


Your talking about an emulator, there are varying factors, from a coding perspective, yes you say that these have been done, but somewhere Samsung might have code that conflicts and or effects. Maybe not , maybe the 990 is terrible.

I never use emulation so really its a non issue for me personally, but I have used on various devices, and on each device it HAS been different.

You may have valid points great......and if the S20 Ultra (Exynos) isn't for you then I don't see why it needs to be argued further (put it to bed) I agree the Exynos probably isn't on par with the 865, this is wrong ......Samsung needs to address this.

So Exynos 990 is poor the 5T (835) whips it A** hmm I don't think that running an emulator somewhat confirms this theory 🤔 but if you say so then ok be happy and smile with that.......feel good and accomplished 😌

No seriously though real world issues and all that jazz


P1

Yes there are, please see the above paragraph 1 response, leaps and strides have been taken to get Mali back up to speed, phenomenal what they've done.

P2

You don't use emulation? So you can't back what you're saying with real world experience?

P3
It isn't for me no, and 20,000+ people are right behind me, I understand being butthurt about buying an expensive phone then someone saying it'll be outpaced by something supposedly weaker, I do get that, but doesn't make them wrong

P4
I didn't say that, I said that I thought that the OnePlus 5 not 5T would probably outpace it.

P5
Totally agree, it pales in comparison, but money is money and 2 years is a long time to regret a purchase, guess it'll be worth checking in then.


Summary.

Jesus, people do not like to hear their devices getting panned so they, so overprotective.

If you enjoy your ultra, then I'm very happy, I hope it gets better and I'm sure it will to a degree, hope you're all safe and well and enjoying your phone's in the safety and search for non boredom of self isolation.

Take care

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhilo

LOL, don't go using a video in 2018. It has had many updates since then.

So paragraph 3 is correct, you're using tweaks from xXx?? So much for assuming.

So it's better???? Looool it will have improved you loonatic.
26th March 2020, 10:19 AM |#52  
Senior Member
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 637
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

So it's better???? Looool it will have improved you loonatic.

When you can't make a valid comeback anymore (if any)
26th March 2020, 11:44 AM |#53  
dladz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,418
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhilo

LOL, don't go using a video in 2018. It has had many updates since then.

So paragraph 3 is correct, you're using tweaks from xXx?? So much for assuming.

Very very very close to stock, if anything it additional extras made it slower. And I used most of them..extra animation etc

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhilo

When you can't make a valid comeback anymore (if any)

Do you mean me???

The emulator will have got more efficient mate?? What are you on about loool
26th March 2020, 11:51 AM |#54  
Senior Member
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 637
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

Very very very close to stock, if anything it additional extras made it slower. And I used most of them..extra animation etc

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------



Do you mean me???

The emulator will have got more efficient mate?? What are you on about loool

When you clearly can't understand what I mean your probs in the late 30's right?

You used an old video to compare Mali GPU to Adreno which is using a way older version of Dolphin. You should be using something more current to compare.
26th March 2020, 04:19 PM |#55  
dladz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,418
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhilo

When you clearly can't understand what I mean your probs in the late 30's right?

You used an old video to compare Mali GPU to Adreno which is using a way older version of Dolphin. You should be using something more current to compare.

No no no.

Seriously?

What is the title of the video.? That is a video showing dolphin keeping up with Snapdragon.

Historically dolphin has not been well optimized for Mali chips, which is understandable, however this chap who I think is call Zhang Wei has made a version of dolphin OPTIMIZED for Mali chips.

What I'm saying is. It runs extremely well, lol please read what I'm saying to you..

I'm not showing a video from 2018 to say this is how badly a Mali performs, I'm saying that in re: to the response that Mali isn't optimized for dolphin, this is to state that it is.

Dolphin has a version for the Mali and it performs very well, that was all.

3 replies to get that point across?

Also what has my age got to do with anything?? Seriously? Are you in your 20s?

??? Pfft silly thing to say.



PS: I also stated that I used a different version in my initial post, but everyone's looked over that and read / understood what they wanted to.

If you take bias out of the equation you'll see I've got a point
26th March 2020, 04:24 PM |#56  
Senior Member
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 637
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

No no no.

Seriously?

What is the title of the video.? That is a video showing dolphin keeping up with Snapdragon.

Historically dolphin has not been well optimized for Mali chips, which is understandable, however this chap who I think is call Zhang Wei has made a version of dolphin OPTIMIZED for Mali chips.

What I'm saying is. It runs extremely well, lol please read what I'm saying to you..

I'm not showing a video from 2018 to say this is how badly a Mali performs, I'm saying that in re: to the response that Mali isn't optimized for dolphin, this is to state that it is.

Dolphin has a version for the Mali and it performs very well, that was all.

3 replies to get that point across?

Also what has my age got to do with anything?? Seriously? Are you in your 20s?

??? Pfft silly thing to say.

YES IN 2018! NOT now, hello, i'm talking about the current Dolphin isn't optimized with Mali, it has been like that for a while since 2019. The past means jack all when the current isn't optimized as the Adreno.

The way you reply is typical around your age group. If you've studied around this area its obvious to tell whose age is who roughly and I can see how some points wont get across to you due to your age. It's like talking to a wall.
26th March 2020, 04:33 PM |#57  
Duncan1982's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,756
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

P1

Yes there are, please see the above paragraph 1 response, leaps and strides have been taken to get Mali back up to speed, phenomenal what they've done.

P2

You don't use emulation? So you can't back what you're saying with real world experience?

P3
It isn't for me no, and 20,000+ people are right behind me, I understand being butthurt about buying an expensive phone then someone saying it'll be outpaced by something supposedly weaker, I do get that, but doesn't make them wrong

P4
I didn't say that, I said that I thought that the OnePlus 5 not 5T would probably outpace it.

P5
Totally agree, it pales in comparison, but money is money and 2 years is a long time to regret a purchase, guess it'll be worth checking in then.


Summary.

Jesus, people do not like to hear their devices getting panned so they, so overprotective.

If you enjoy your ultra, then I'm very happy, I hope it gets better and I'm sure it will to a degree, hope you're all safe and well and enjoying your phone's in the safety and search for non boredom of self isolation.

Take care

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------



So it's better???? Looool it will have improved you loonatic.

Was saying yes I don't use emulation (Correct) wasn't saying i never have lol

Tbh its nuts to be saying the 5T is better than the Ultra.....(my ..... is bigger than yours, childish stuff really) .

Like I said I'm not standing up for the Exynos (Personally either Samsung makes it on par, or drops it completely) however they are going to be pairing with AMD in the future? This is a positive. .......

As it stands clearly your NOT buying the ultra (for you lucky escape) for me I'm enjoying, although I knew about the Exynos 990. Everything seems fine so far, Battery at 120hz is holding up better than I expected, My PubG gaming is nice and no complaints with throttling or heat. 3hrs played last night roughly.

So yeah there are many great Aspects of the Ultra (990) yeah probably not great, but as it stands for me, no complaints as its not hindering, although for what I'm paying i or we as customers should expect the same as the Snapdragon counterparts.

I'm remains neutral but won't say the 5T is just that much better or say that the 990 is, but there are more aspects to the Ultra.

I'm out on this now.......as should all.....just buy what you want, enjoy.......and most of all be happy.......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duncan1982 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Duncan1982 Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 05:21 PM |#58  
Senior Member
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 637
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan1982

I'm out on this now.......as should all.....just buy what you want, enjoy.......and most of all be happy.......

You're right, I only got my S20 Ultra delivered today and i'm enjoying it. I've had multiple devices before and the S20 actually makes me want to keep the phone longer than a year.

I like to apologise to dladz if I insulted him anyways as I have not been in the best mood the past days! We live in a bad time at present so apologise!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrPhilo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrPhilo Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 06:24 PM |#59  
dladz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,418
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhilo

YES IN 2018! NOT now, hello, i'm talking about the current Dolphin isn't optimized with Mali, it has been like that for a while since 2019. The past means jack all when the current isn't optimized as the Adreno.

The way you reply is typical around your age group. If you've studied around this area its obvious to tell whose age is who roughly and I can see how some points wont get across to you due to your age. It's like talking to a wall.

Jesus, give me strength, there are more than one version !!! As in multiple!!

The version for Mali has been updated since its inception back in 2018 and continues to be, ok?? In summary, it's working brilliantly.. ok??

Use your head mate..

Wow @ the age things, COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhilo

You're right, I only got my S20 Ultra delivered today and i'm enjoying it. I've had multiple devices before and the S20 actually makes me want to keep the phone longer than a year.

I like to apologise to dladz if I insulted him anyways as I have not been in the best mood the past days! We live in a bad time at present so apologise!

Dw about it pal, it happens. Take things with a pinch of salt, the emulator and how well it works on devices is something I've dealt with quite a lot since as long as I can remember.

Tbh if the phone had turned up and I'd have tested it and it would have worked to some degree then I'd have kept it. I was looking forward to it for what felt like forever.

I've got thick skin btw, takes a lot to get my back up.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan1982

Was saying yes I don't use emulation (Correct) wasn't saying i never have lol

Tbh its nuts to be saying the 5T is better than the Ultra.....(my ..... is bigger than yours, childish stuff really) .

Like I said I'm not standing up for the Exynos (Personally either Samsung makes it on par, or drops it completely) however they are going to be pairing with AMD in the future? This is a positive. .......

As it stands clearly your NOT buying the ultra (for you lucky escape) for me I'm enjoying, although I knew about the Exynos 990. Everything seems fine so far, Battery at 120hz is holding up better than I expected, My PubG gaming is nice and no complaints with throttling or heat. 3hrs played last night roughly.

So yeah there are many great Aspects of the Ultra (990) yeah probably not great, but as it stands for me, no complaints as its not hindering, although for what I'm paying i or we as customers should expect the same as the Snapdragon counterparts.

I'm remains neutral but won't say the 5T is just that much better or say that the 990 is, but there are more aspects to the Ultra.

I'm out on this now.......as should all.....just buy what you want, enjoy.......and most of all be happy.......


Good for you pal. As I've said before. I hope you all enjoy your phone's, like I've just said t Phil, if id have got the phone and tested a few things and got a decent enough reaction from the phone, fps etc. Then yea I'd probably have kept it and been more than happy.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

I'd be interested to see anyone who tries Zhang weis version of dolphin, I have no idea what be changed but it was pretty phenomenal through my tests.

Give it a shot, I'll grab the link to my guide, should be the same as the P20 Pro, uses a Mali too.

I'll be livid if it's perfect, will probably contact EE to get my ultra order back on track

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Here's the guide, there will be updated apks for the Mali optimized version

https://forum.xda-developers.com/hua...tings-t3903263

There is a few pre requisites which you can overlook, like swap torpedo and gaming mode / performance mode, having the prior mod installed would boost performance massively.

Re: swap files, I find it odd that were now breaking out 12-16GB phones yet we still retain the swap file? It's not needed.

Anyway. Good luck if you test it and let me know. I'd be interested to see how the phone gets on..

Let me know if you get stuck
Yesterday, 07:30 AM |#60  
From0toHero's Avatar
Member
Flag Effretikon
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Sorry mate you are Wrong!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver

100% agreed man

Maybe YOU don’t see any issues with the Exynos 990 but countless other people do! The Preformance compared to a Snapdragon S20 is just ridiculous. If you like to pay the same amount of money for much less Preformance that is your issue. And nobody could know before buying the mobile how shitty the exynos 990 will preform. The S20 series with Snapdragon is not the same mobile like the one with exynos. We got in theory a light version of the S20 series. Countless videos show how pathetic the exynos 990 is this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to From0toHero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift From0toHero Ad-Free
Yesterday, 08:38 AM |#61  
mohammed510's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 168
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by From0toHero

Maybe YOU don’t see any issues with the Exynos 990 but countless other people do! The Preformance compared to a Snapdragon S20 is just ridiculous. If you like to pay the same amount of money for much less Preformance that is your issue. And nobody could know before buying the mobile how shitty the exynos 990 will preform. The S20 series with Snapdragon is not the same mobile like the one with exynos. We got in theory a light version of the S20 series. Countless videos show how pathetic the exynos 990 is this year.

I do not understand this mentality. HE is happy with his purchase, why do YOU and so many others in here insist on making people feel bad about it. Just buy whatever you like. Be happy, and let others buy whatever they like.. i have Exynos S20U, i like it, and i do not care if it is slower than SD.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes