FORUMS

Camera Update (Autofocus issues etc.)

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 158

By buddy66, Senior Member on 5th March 2020, 01:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

since there are problems with the camera software, I am opening this thread to discuss your experiences and software update news.

I got my S20U Exynos variant today and straight out of the box there was an OTA (430MB) available which stated that the camera experience has been improved. It got better because I have tested it before the update but the autofocus is still "jumpy" and has problems with objects that are near to the phone. Even if i turn on the setting to adapt autofocus to the selected object in the viewer, it still jumps

EDIT: I did some tests today with my own face using the main sensor and the oversharpening / skin smoothing is gone. I tested it with HDR turned off and on.

EDIT 23.03.2020:
Look at this video guys. Focus hunting is gone. Sorry, I have orange blinds and the sun was shining directly on those.
https://streamable.com/ckj6d
5th March 2020, 01:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy66

Hello,

since there are problems with the camera software, I am opening this thread to discuss your experiences and software update news.

I got my S20U Exynos variant today and straight out of the box there was an OTA (430MB) available which stated that the camera experience has been improved. It got better because I have tested it before the update but the autofocus is still "jumpy" and has problems with objects that are near to the phone. Even if i turn on the setting to adapt autofocus to the selected object in the viewer, it still jumps

Did the update bring any changes to the over sharpening / skin smoothing with the man lens?
5th March 2020, 02:33 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZayaanAhyaan

Did the update bring any changes to the over sharpening / skin smoothing with the man lens?

I have just tested it with my own face at work in bureau using the main sensor and the oversharpening / skin smoothing is gone. I tested it with HDR turned off and on.
5th March 2020, 03:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Plz keep us updated on the auto focus issue
5th March 2020, 05:49 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:

Hello,

EDIT: I did some tests today with my own face using the main sensor and the oversharpening / skin smoothing is gone. I tested it with HDR turned off and on.

I'm thinking the update you got, is the same as all of us. What's the sw#.
5th March 2020, 06:11 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Here are the details for the one with camera improvements

https://9to5google.com/2020/03/05/ga...e-samsung/amp/
5th March 2020, 07:17 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VZTech

I'm thinking the update you got, is the same as all of us. What's the sw#.

It is the ATBM.
5th March 2020, 07:37 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

It is the ATBM.

That's not the camera fix one. We all have that.
The Following User Says Thank You to VZTech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VZTech Ad-Free
5th March 2020, 07:45 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VZTech

That's not the camera fix one. We all have that.

I just did a little research and it should be the ATC2, right? The one that we all have also fixed the face photos with main camera.
5th March 2020, 07:47 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

I just did a little research and it should be the ATC2, right? The one that we all have also fixed the face photos with main camera.

Yes, that one. Hopefully it comes before my return period. If not, I'm sending it back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VZTech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VZTech Ad-Free
5th March 2020, 07:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
ATC2 is already out in South Korea. Should be in the US in a few days or about a week the most
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)